Favre poll...

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't listen to the talking heads you hear on tv and radio, I listen to the guys who play with Brett, they have never doubted him.

Brett just needed some skill players around him so he did not feel he had to do it all himself.

Nobody thinks Brett is the same guy who played 10 years ago, but if you think about it, he is better in some ways now, decision making, less risk taking.

Brett Favre still top 3 in my mind.
I heard Paul Hornung yesterday on radio, this from the guy I ranked as one of the top 3 greatest players ever to play for The Packers.
Paul said quote "Brett Favre is the greatest player to ever wear the Packer uniform, period!!".
That is enough for me, coming from a guy like Hornung.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is the best of all time...

He IS Julius Erving, Michael Jordan, Wilt Chamberlain combined of basketball, the Wayne Gretzky, Bobby Hull, and ***** Orr of Hockey, Cy Young, Babe Ruth, and Nolan Ryan of baseball.

He IS the Muhammad Ali, Lance Armstrong, and Pele of football.

Don't let anyone fool you into thinking otherwise!

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He is the best of all time. At the beginning of the season I figured he was about 10th- 12th this season.
Boy am I glad I was wrong.

vikesrule

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have always thought of Favre as Number 2. :p

Seriously, at the beginning of the season I would have put him somewhere in the 10-15 range.

But now, much to my chagrin, I must admit that I would put him in the top 3.

Dang, won't this guy ever retire?

going now to take a shower.....feels dirty. :)

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone catch that NFL Legends thing on the nfl network yesterday. That was pretty cool. I think this year Favre Manning and Brady have kinda seperated themselves from the pack. If Romo would of gotten to the SB he might be close but for now it's the big 3

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Anyone catch that NFL Legends thing on the nfl network yesterday. That was pretty cool. I think this year Favre Manning and Brady have kinda seperated themselves from the pack. If Romo would of gotten to the SB he might be close but for now it's the big 3

I saw it. I think they showed more Favre footage than the other 2. He has been around longer than the others so I guess that's the reason.

It was a good episode. As for Romo being up there....it's still hard to tell if he is going to be a legend or not. He has the tools to be but it's still early.

mateus

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Seriously, at the beginning of the season I would have put him somewhere in the 10-15 range.

heroes never die, they just reload :wink:

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i felt all year mainly for me it started last year because of how he was putting trust in the rookies and what he did this year just shows :D

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I said he was still top 5. While some thought he had lost "it", and should retire, i thought he showed he still had what it takes.
Guess he proved me right!

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack93z

Your signature says it all, I always knew his numbers were down mostly because of the rebuilding process we were going through in Green Bay and can only imagine how great they might be if he came back for another year with the young rookies now maturing at a faster rate than I would have ever predicted !!

"Doubt me Now" Love it !!!

joym13

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I saw it - it was really good!

I said top 10 at the beginning of the season

Coltsgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my book he's been in top 5 all the time - even when he had the down-years. I've always admired him, and I can't describe my happiness and joy when I saw how he and the team just kept on beating teams in this season. :p

Of course I'm disappointed that Colts was one and out this postseason, but I'm just thrilled that Captain B is still in there, and I'm gonna root for Packers all the way to Super Bowl, sitting there at home in my beloved #4 jersey, screaming at the tv. :pop:

GO PACKERS... beat those darned Pats if they don't get creamed by SD

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In the beginning of the year, I said Favre is #8. I got hammered for saying that too, because people were saying he's washed up and not even in the top half. If anyone is willing to dig up those old posts, they'd see what I mean.

Funny thing was even I was wrong. In the regular season, he was #4 best.

If we win the SB this year, he's #1 for '07, hands down. Brady's super season doesn't mean **** if he can't win the big one. Just like Romo and P Manning may have been rated ahead of him during the year, but both choked in the Playoffs. Favre looked spectacular so far.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
vikesrule said:

heroes never die, they just reload :wink:

Old Quarterbacks never die... They just fade back and pass away...

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
Guess he proved me right!

That is why he did it Cheesey. He wanted to vindicate you in the eyes of your fellow posters.
I KNOW!!! When i talked to him, i said "Brett, ya GOTTA bail me out! I been tellin' everyone how GREAT you are!"
He said "Cheesey, just for YOU, I'm gonna lead this team to the SUPER BOWL this year!!! I won't let you down!!!"
Yeah......thats JUST how it happened!!! :wink: :lol:

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got him in atleast top 5, probably top 3. I'l have to make a list and get back to you.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In my book he's been in top 5 all the time - even when he had the down-years. I've always admired him, and I can't describe my happiness and joy when I saw how he and the team just kept on beating teams in this season. :p

Of course I'm disappointed that Colts was one and out this postseason, but I'm just thrilled that Captain B is still in there, and I'm gonna root for Packers all the way to Super Bowl, sitting there at home in my beloved #4 jersey, screaming at the tv. :pop:

GO PACKERS... beat those darned Pats if they don't get creamed by SD

Thanks Coltsgirl! :cool:

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts