Favre playing lights-out

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I figure this guy deserves a thread of his own after this game. He's been spectacular in all three games this year. Although I think his struggles these past couple years have mostly been due to lack of talent and experience on the offense, part of it was that he was not playing as well as he used to. He was pressing, sometimes making bad decisions, and his accuracy had declined.

And now he's playing better. He's throwing the ball as well as he's ever thrown it. The only difference I see in Favre's game right now, compared to when he was in his prime, is that he is seldom willing to run for a first down, but he even did THAT once today. I feel privileged just to watch him play.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is doing very well these past 2 games. Hopefully he can continue to do well. I also hope the Packers don't rely on him completely. He's throwing A LOT of passes.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is doing very well these past 2 games. Hopefully he can continue to do well. I also hope the Packers don't rely on him completely. He's throwing A LOT of passes.

Have to say I haven't heard Favre complain :)

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's got guys to throw to now (instead of just Driver) and has had incredible protection.
If it keeps up like this,the sky's the limit.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
I figure this guy deserves a thread of his own after this game. He's been spectacular in all three games this year. Although I think his struggles these past couple years have mostly been due to lack of talent and experience on the offense, part of it was that he was not playing as well as he used to. He was pressing, sometimes making bad decisions, and his accuracy had declined.

And now he's playing better. He's throwing the ball as well as he's ever thrown it. The only difference I see in Favre's game right now, compared to when he was in his prime, is that he is seldom willing to run for a first down, but he even did THAT once today. I feel privileged just to watch him play.

I think a lot of Packer fans have been taking Favre for granted and have become complacent. I ranked Favre at #9 in the NFL before the season started. Boy was I wrong! he's easily in the top 5.

And I agree, I think that's why the past few years he's struggled. I don't think it was a decline in skills. Hats off to TT for finding JJ. What a find! :D

mike_donnelly

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the man is a legend, he plays football how it should be played. competitive, but he loves being there, he is thriving the role of the veteran leader to the kids coming through as the next generation of packers.
the thing about all the records is they are numbers, but amongst those numbers consider how many awesome play's and drive's Brett has led.
great stuff!

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I know I had Brett in the top 10. But his play this year has def. been top 5.

Peyton
Brady
Palmer
Romo
Favre

Rothelisberger or however the hell you spell it is having his best season, too.

dhpackr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

Favre for MVP!
and to think some posters on this forum were screaming for A-rod, and the one guy who wrote about the fans in lambeau booing for #4, and demanding the coaches put in a-rod. HILARIOUS!
if #4 keeps playing this well, you may not see a-rod next year either!

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
at this point in time, i think it would take a big injury, or a superbowl victory for Favre to retire after this season. I hope the FO is able to lock up Rodgers for a long-term extension this offseason.

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Agreed, bozz. As we were discussing yesterday, Favre can play another couple years beyond this season at a high level, barring injury or something truly unusual. Best to extend and enhance Rodgers' contract, with a big escalator when he assumes the starting spot. Heck, he is only 23 right now....maybe a young 24.

Members online

Latest posts