Favre: Packers wouldn't pay Moss

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Having your starting QB in camp helps the other players get better. It helps the team as a unit.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A guy unmotivated to prepare himself gives us the best chance to win? Win what? A handful of games. He said it himself...the defense was more responsible for victories than the offense.

I know you love Favre and this is hard for you. It's hard for a lot of people who worship the guy. I care for the TEAM and don't worship at Brett's throne. My perspective is vastly different. This is a GOOD thing and I can't stress this enough. Things NEED to get out in the open. That is the ONLY way they get dealt with. Do you want another season of issues holding the team back just so you can think things are okay?

I'm glad Brett did this. TT was never going to go down this road. I'm sure he has pretty strong feelings about what Brett said, and is glad Favre was the one to comment on it because he never would.

It's time for all of us to go back to being Packer fans. Favre has detracted from the very essence of what we're supposed to be.

I do worry about some fans... I think 10 years from now this will bother them as much as it does right now.

GREEN BAY PACKERS... There's no BRETT FAVRE in our team.

I agree, the dirty laundry needed to be aired. However, I don't know where you get Favre has held back this team. He was iffy on retiring, who cares. That was all trumped up by the media. What else has he done?

You clearly have a deep hate for Brett Favre for whatever reason, and thats fine, but your logic as to why makes no sense, so it's hard for me to even take it seriously. The guy has started every game, played through injuries, played after his dad died, and didn't go running off to Florida or CA to play in warmer weather. He has given this organization a hell of alot and vice versa.

It's not about Brett vs. GB and the last decade of football. It's about Brett Vs. Ted right now. It's not much more than that.

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just an FYI, if you had paid a QB $27 million in 05 and 06 and he averaged these numbers:

19 TDs, 24 INTs and a rating of 71

Would you be happy with that player starting 2007 at a cap figure of $13 million?

Favre has had a great career for GB and did some great things in the mid 90s and up to 2003. But since that time, he has held this organization hostage and he has hurt the team's chances for success in 04-08. Think of the things we could have done with that $26 million the past two seasons:

1. Gone out and paid for an elite FA QB like Drew Brees and still had some money left over to improve other areas.

2. Put Rodgers in the fire and seen what he can do. If he succeeded, great. If not, we could have used our 2006 pick on Matt Leinart and then used the $26 million to improve the WR, LB, DB and RB spots in the past two offseasons.

Does anyone really think we are better off now (with a 38-year old Favre) than had we gone for option 1 or 2 during the past 2-3 offseasons? Between his performance, salary, waiting for him to commit and the inability to get any other QB time, this organization has sacrifaced a ton for Favre in the past 2-3 seasons with really nothing to show for it. So for him to come out and now act with indignation towards the organization is a joke, IMO.

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Having your starting QB in camp helps the other players get better. It helps the team as a unit.

In Training Camp, yes I agree.

Not in a 3-day minicamp.
But it does show leadership. And, given Favre is getting $13 million to play for us this season, I'd hope a portion of that is going to him being a leader. If all we are getting is QB play, Favre is committing highway robbery on this team if 05 and 06 are any indication of the 07 performance he will have.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are overpaying for a decent QB, Brett should show for camp. Where would we have been today if we had gone after Brees and dropped Favre?

Oannes

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pyle... In the simplest of terms... Brett Favre has cheated himself and this organization. He had the ability to perform better had he only prepared better. He sleepwalks through off-seasons and it shows in his play.

You would expect someone compensated the way he is to study hard to be the best possible player on Sunday. He's taken far too many shortcuts and has found himself totally lost. He thinks, you think, he's still this guy who can play at a high level. He's not. It really sucks that he won't do the work and not only won't do it, but disparages it. How many more interviews do we need to hear about how he hates mini-camp, training camp, the monotony of practice before each game, but still loves playing? You see NOTHING wrong with that? My goodness I'm surprised. He basically is saying I want to play, but I don't want to work to get ready to play. That is STEALING in my book. He's robbing the team of his best performance and getting paid nearly 12 million to do so.

If he plays this season, I see 30 plus picks.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are paying Favre lots of money to be our team leader and starting Qb,

does he want to help out our QB heir Rodgers? Nop
Show up in camp? No

TheStone

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I may have missed something, in fact i may have missed a lot, but
didn't Moss himself say, that he wanted to win a SB and he thought the best place to do so was New England??

I remember reading something like:"I earned enough money in the past, I'd love to win a title now", what btw made my throat swell. :tantrum:
"If you might have worked a little harder for the money they threw after you, you dam#&% f*#x%@"

If that's true, money is not the issue we have to discuss. It's not
"Packers wouldn't pay Moss"
it's
"Packers didn't pull Moss."

And Favre didn't do either. Bad decision by Randy Moss and good for us, if you ask me.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If Randy Moss was the problem in the trade and it wasnt about money. As was indicated shortly after the trade, then Brett Favre just lost a bunch of respect from me and any self respecting packer fan. He basically just told his team they are garbage... he just told Donald Driver that hes garbage. i dont like it at all. and brett spoke out of turn and needs to shut his mouth.

BUT

if Thompson is the one who screwed this thing up and wouldnt pay Randy Moss, even after Brett offered money.... then its on thompsons back.
im not really sure what to say, so im not gonna condemn anyone yet.

but i still dont like that fact that brett **** on his teammates and sold out the packers by demanding a trade.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what has Brett not done to prepare himself? Didn't he work out with a personal trainer at home?

Members online

Latest posts