Favre or Vick

paxvogel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is first round Hall of Famer and 3 time MVP and Vick was in the Pro bowl last year on potential not production. It's an absurd argument.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green_Bay_Packers said:
Ok so i was arguing with my step bro about who is better between Favre and Vick Plz answer my question.

Give me both there stats Please

:feedback:
Uh......not to be mean..........but you should be able to win this argument with half your brain tied behind your back!
Favre is an 3 time NFL MVP winner. Vick has won ZERO.
Favre has been 2 two Super Bowls, winning one.
Vick has won nothing.
Vick is a running back that throws the ball once in awhile, Favre is a quarterback.
Favre has over 400 career touchdowns. I don't know how many Vick has, but i know it's not alot.
Yes, Vick can run, but his arm is no where NEAR the strength of Favre's.
And even though Favre doesn't run fast, he has an escapeability that few NFL QB's have.
Last year alone, Vick threw for only 2474 yards, while Favre threw for 3885. Vick did RUN for 1039 yards though.
Favre is nearing the end of a NFL Hall of Fame bound career, while Vick hasn't done anywhere near enough to even be considered for HOF induction.
Vick would have to win NFL MVP honors, and a Super Bowl to even START to close the gap between he and Favre. So far he hasn't shown the ability to do either. The Falcons went 7-9 last year. Not exactly gang busters.
That should be a good start for your argument.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My friend who is sitting next to me says that Vick is better...He is a Lion fan. crazy kid. Favre is better! Im not sure what has happened, but a couple years ago i remember listining to sports radio and hearing arguements that Vick was one of the top three in the league. Who gets you better fantasy numbers? Probably Vick. Who do i want on my team? Favre!

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My friend who is sitting next to me says that Vick is better...He is a Lion fan. crazy kid. Favre is better! Im not sure what has happened, but a couple years ago i remember listining to sports radio and hearing arguements that Vick was one of the top three in the league. Who gets you better fantasy numbers? Probably Vick. Who do i want on my team? Favre!
All you would have had to say was that he was a Lion's fan........i mean, how would he know WHAT a good QB is? Being a Lion's fan, the only time he SEES a good QB is when the Lions play GB!!!
Vick is exciting to watch. Thats ALL he is. I think thats why some young people think he's all that. He has the excitement of taking off running factor. But as a field general, he has nothing compared to Favre.He has no where NEAR the talent that Favre does. Just see my last post for a few reasons why.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this really a topic ? Please move to the 'this threads a joke' section.
GBP is a new poster here, and may not have alot of info on Favre.
So I'm not gonna knock him (or her, if it applys) for asking for our help to argue which QB is better.
He may be a new or young fan, that doesn't have the years of Packer fandom that some of us do.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I just went to the "introduction" area on here, and guess what?
GBP is from England! Thus i bet he doesn't have the easy access we have to Packer stuff.
So.....GBP..........any questions you have, PLEASE feel free to ask, and don't feel like it's a dumb question! We are here to help you!!!
The only way anyone can learn, is to ask!
Cheesey

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If common sense dictates that one player is astronomically better than another, stats can only muddle the argument.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Is this question a joke? Honestly. Vick is one of the worst QBs in the league.

This isn't some chump backup we're comparing Vick to here. This is Brett freaking Favre.

What a silly question.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the way none of you post any actual stats year by year.

Ask and you shall recieve. Although this shouldn't even be necessary.

Favre has never been below 56% completion in his career. Vick has never been above 56.4%.

Favre's best year - 38TD 13INT 4413Yards 63% Completion.

Vick best year(if he's even had a good year) - 20TD 13INT 2474Yards 52.6% Completion

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I like the way none of you post any actual stats year by year.
I posted some from last year. Maybe you didn't read everything that was written.
I didn't have the time to look up every year at the time.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
Is this question a joke? Honestly. Vick is one of the worst QBs in the league.

This isn't some chump backup we're comparing Vick to here. This is Brett freaking Favre.

What a silly question.
The person that was asking is from ENGLAND. They might not have the chance to follow American football as easily as we do. We take alot for granted here.
I don't think anyone that comes here with an honest question should be made fun of.
I don't think this person was trying to be a smart you-know-what. I think they really are looking for answers. And if you want answers to Packer questions, where better to look then here?
Lets really try to help, not just shoot down a newbie here.
(Just my humble opinion)

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The person that was asking is from ENGLAND. They might not have the chance to follow American football as easily as we do. We take alot for granted here.
I don't think anyone that comes here with an honest question should be made fun of.
I don't think this person was trying to be a smart you-know-what. I think they really are looking for answers. And if you want answers to Packer questions, where better to look then here?
(Just my humble opinion)

I rarely read the entire thread(or any part for that matter) before I post. Usually I look at the thread title and explode with anger at silly topic titles.

I'll change one day.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
(Just my humble opinion)

I rarely read the entire thread(or any part for that matter) before I post. Usually I look at the thread title and explode with anger at silly topic titles.

I'll change one day.
LOL! At least you are honest about it! :rotflmao: