Favre on the Dan Patrick show

Status
Not open for further replies.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre on the DP show. Average fluff stuff. Said he wouldnt change anything if he could redo the Javon thing. The funniest bit was this:

Would you sign for 9-7?

"Sure. After 4-12, wouldn't you?"
-------------

lol, Brett. So expectations are high! 9-7 is what we're shootin for!

IndiPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Quintessential Favre.
4 and 12, what a nightmare. Been listening to the NFL field pass off season freebie archives (beats soccer), from preseason to Seattle. Doesn't sound any better after a few months.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Favre on the DP show. Average fluff stuff. Said he wouldnt change anything if he could redo the Javon thing. The funniest bit was this:

Would you sign for 9-7?

"Sure. After 4-12, wouldn't you?"
-------------

lol, Brett. So expectations are high! 9-7 is what we're shootin for!

He said he was shooting for 9 - 7 or that he would sign up for 9 - 7?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:

So why say the expectations are 9 - 7? I'd be tickled purple with pink polka dots if I was 9 - 7(with a new coaching staff, RB's coming off injuries, losing the best WR you had, etc) after a 4 - 12 season. Because someone would be happy with that after that poor season does not by any stretch state they are shooting for 9 - 7. Silly pervert, try again.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm SURE he was just making a joke! Of COURSE 9-7 looks good after last year! But i think he expects more! It might not happen, but he expects it.

PackerLegend

Cheesehead
Reaction score
the chargers 2 years ago were 4-12 and the next season came back to be 12-4

calicheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He also said that he thinks 9-7 would get you into the playoffs where every team is 0-0. He also went on to state that he is not saying this is his last year.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
calicheesehead said:
He also said that he thinks 9-7 would get you into the playoffs where every team is 0-0. He also went on to state that he is not saying this is his last year.

its not 8)

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
thetombradyhater said:
Zero2Cool said:
calicheesehead said:

its not 8)

hear that 4packgirl?

Probably not. It's only text, not text to speach. However, just like I said Brett was not retiring this year, I was right, and just like I am saying he will play in 2007, I am right. Barring a career ending injury of the Packers winning the SB.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Favre left the door open for more years to play. I think ALOT will depend on how good they do this coming year. I think if they totally tank again, he will be more inclined to retire. If they can be competitive, he just might hang around awhile!

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
cheesey said:
I think Favre left the door open for more years to play. I think ALOT will depend on how good they do this coming year. I think if they totally tank again, he will be more inclined to retire. If they can be competitive, he just might hang around awhile!

I am thinking along those same lines. Sounds like Favre expects a rebound this season. It is certainly a possibility. A re-built defence will definetly help.

ChrisC

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IndiPack said:
Quintessential Favre.
4 and 12, what a nightmare. Been listening to the NFL field pass off season freebie archives (beats soccer), from preseason to Seattle. Doesn't sound any better after a few months.

Just a little concerned, IndiPack ... :-?

However much you dislike Soccer, there can only have been any joy at all in re-living, say ... 4 ...of last season's games??!! :wall:

I think you have to move on, my friend! :wink:

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts