Favre might break Packer single season passing yard record

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I first want to say hello to all my fellow Packers fans. I just joined this forum yesterday and this is my first topic.

Isn't it amazing that Favre doesn't hold every single Packer single season passing record? Lynn ****ey owns the Packer season single passing yards record of 4,458 yards. Favre is currently on pace to finish this season with 4,760 yards, which also isn't too far behind Marino's single season passing record, though I doubt Favre would get over 5,000 yards passing.

Favre is also on pace to finish the season with 30 TD's and just 13 INT's.

packer_backer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i thought he had a shot at marino's 5,000 yard mark, but after sunday he only had a little over 200 yrds so that hurt. he would have to average about 330 yrds a game from now till season end. doubtful but i guess its possible with STL and OAK still coming.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Excellent first post, CM. I hadn't realized that Favre was on pace to break the record. I still worry about him wearing out a little toward the end of the season, but so far so good. The Packers will be playing several teams with bad defenses, and even the game against the Cowboys has the potential to turn into a shootout, so the record appears to be very much within reach.

OP
OP
CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Favre might break Packer single season passing yard reco

Greg C. said:
Excellent first post, CM. I hadn't realized that Favre was on pace to break the record. I still worry about him wearing out a little toward the end of the season, but so far so good. The Packers will be playing several teams with bad defenses, and even the game against the Cowboys has the potential to turn into a shootout, so the record appears to be very much within reach.

Thank you :D

As for Favre's arm, I wouldn't worry about it tiring out. Remember New Years Eve last year, what he did to the Bears.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I don't think there is any danger of Brett wearing out anytime soon, but his passing yards will probably drop a bit when it gets colder.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

CM_Awesome said:
Greg C. said:

Thank you :D

As for Favre's arm, I wouldn't worry about it tiring out. Remember New Years Eve last year, what he did to the Bears.

Good point. He did play well against the Bears. But he had lagged quite a bit in the few previous games. It's not his arm that gets tired, I just think it gets mentally tiring for him at times, as he himself has admitted. I also wonder if that was part of the problem in some of those playoff losses during the Sherman era. I think he will be okay this season. I just need something to worry about, I guess.

tkpckfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he only needs like 886 more yards to break marino's record. dont know where averaging over 300 a game is coming from

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
he only needs like 886 more yards to break marino's record. dont know where averaging over 300 a game is coming from
He's thrown for over 4000 yards already??? Hmmm....don't think so. I think your math is a little off.

OP
OP
CM_Awesome

CM_Awesome

Cheesehead
Reaction score

After todays game Favre is now on pace to throw 32 TD's 11 INT's and 4,880 Yards. I think after that great 381 yard performance today, Favre is back in the hunt for Marino's single season yard record. To be able to break that record though, Favre has to have multiple 350 yard performances.

Members online

Latest posts