Favre: Mariucci reunion unlikely

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Posted Dec. 01, 2005

Favre: Mariucci reunion unlikely

By Pete Dougherty
PackersNews.com

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Packers quarterback Brett Favre said, on Wednesday, that a reunion with old friend,
Steve Mariucci, was unlikely at this point in his career.
The Associated Press

Brett Favre doubts he’ll ever play again for his good friend Steve Mariucci, who became a coach without a team earlier this week.

Mariucci, who was Favre’s first quarterbacks coach with the Green Bay Packers, was fired Monday as the Detroit Lions’ head coach.

That’s created lots of speculation that Mariucci could join the Packers in some capacity next season and be reunited with Favre, a possibility that likely would be attractive to the Packers’ quarterback. Mariucci played a crucial role in Favre’s early development, and the two have remained close since Mariucci left the Packers in 1996.

But Favre, who talked to Mariucci after his dismissal, suggested the possibility of them working together has passed.

“Too far along in my career now,â€

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
.."tight ends coach..."

(The irony is...where are the tight ends in this offense..?)

(Is that an ok post Bruce...OB1...? I'm alluding to the fact that the tight ends are forgotten in the GB Packer's offense..I'm sorry if that may also allude to, or implicate the GB Packer's offensive coaching staff in any way...)

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
.."tight ends coach..."

(The irony is...where are the tight ends in this offense..?)

(Is that an ok post Bruce...OB1...? I'm alluding to the fact that the tight ends are forgotten in the GB Packer's offense..I'm sorry if that may also allude to, or implicate the GB Packer's offensive coaching staff in any way...)

Not jumpin' on any bandwagon here - but quite a few on this Forum board have given the TE issue, a free pass.... pretty much all season - and what was Mike Sherman's previous position before getting the HC job?

66's got it right - it should have been a major focal point back during the Draft, or at least in the FA period. It certainly should have been worked on... in Training Camp and Pre-Season game plans.

The Tiger Set got us to the SuperBowl...TWICE! Curious that.......

As far as da Mooch coming to Lambeau? I just don't see it happening at all.
We'll just have to let it play out - I think he'll go the Media route for a year or so... and then see how the waters are....

Members online

Latest posts