Favre loses edge - What Favre should have done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In this day & age of single-ing out the greatness in players, The Media has stepped over the line.

What's more, the Packers Org need to step up and do something about it.

=================================================

I have one fealty with my fandom - and it is this.....

Packernation ( a friend of mine) once wrote:

" I am a Packer's Acolyte, not just a Favre Acolyte! "

And, I totally agree with that sentiment - it is a team sport and one player should never be allowed to hold a team hostage... ever!

================================================

Favre should have - taken his pre-requisite four weeks off ( I agree with that).
Favre should have - come calling to Green Bay, on the day of McCarthy's announcement.
Favre should have - stepped up the podium and announced his loyalty to the Team.
Favre should have - spoke up to add his complete support for Ted Thompson, as well.
Favre should have - challenged the FA Elite - to come to Green Bay, and play with him.

Brett Favre did none of these things....

Is Brett Favre bigger than the game? NO
Is Brett Favre bigger than Green Bay? NO

Although, if you listen to the Four-letter network.. they'll feed you that impression.

===============================================

Is Brett Favre better than Bart Starr? NO !!!!

Bart Starr - is the only other QB, to have three in-a-row. (Curly Lambeau being the other)
Bart Starr - practically owned the Sixties.
Bart Starr - has two SuperBowl rings & how many Championships?
Bart Starr - remembers what it is about the NFL which made him famous.
Bart Starr - never tried to hold the Packers hostage... which Brett has been doing so far.
Bart Starr - would never go to the Press to make his position known.

==============================================

Brett Favre will never be better than Bart Starr.. ever! The Record Books don't lie.
Brett Favre has his own three in-a-row. But, what has Favre given Green Bay, in that regard?
Brett Favre uses the Press for leverage, in a bid to manipulate the Packers....

(Going to Mortenson, almost immediately after the TT & MM visit to Favre's Plantation was a smack in the face and he should have been called on it - Lombardi would have traded him, the very next day)

The Job description for General Manager, in the NFL, does not read "Ye must please Brett Favre"

On this point, I stand behind Ted Thompson, totally. Favre is wrong.

There is no way, on God's green earth that Favre has any stand of righteousness in this battle he's created with Ted Thompson and the Packers. Favre is totally out of line. If he's worried about getting protection on the Line, then it would have benefited Brett Favre first, and foremost, for him to go to Green Bay on March 1st, 2006 and announce his decision to come back, or run away. It would have given the Org. some firepower throughout the Free Agency period - everyone knows that. It's Favre's Legacy, and no one can write it, but him. It's a shame that this Chapter has to be included, as it will be!

If he quits, you can add to it this one glaring fact:

" It only took one bad year, to make Brett Favre run away from Pro Football "

Brett Favre is no better than any other Player of the Game.
He criticized Mike McKenzie and Javon Walker, yet feels he should receive no criticism in his own direction? Whoa there... back up the horses, just a bit. Who said so, other than the blind idolitors, the Favre Luvers who forget that Green Bay comes first, not Brett Favre.

It's a free country and that means free speech and free opinions....
You may disagree, and that's fine. I served in the USAF defending that right.

But - I'd expect you to disagree with respect, as much respect as you think you (yourself) deserve!

Leelee

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Jeez, I hate to say it, but you nailed it. That will be part of his legacy.
He's way more human thatn I thought....

PackerSacker54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:
In this day & age of single-ing out the greatness in players, The Media has stepped over the line.

And, I totally agree with that sentiment - it is a team sport and one player should never be allowed to hold a team hostage... ever!

Favre should have - taken his pre-requisite four weeks off ( I agree with that).
Favre should have - come calling to Green Bay, on the day of McCarthy's announcement.
Favre should have - stepped up the podium and announced his loyalty to the Team.
Favre should have - spoke up to add his complete support for Ted Thompson, as well.
Favre should have - challenged the FA Elite - to come to Green Bay, and play with him.

Although, if you listen to the Four-letter network.. they'll feed you that impression.

Bart Starr - is the only other QB, to have three in-a-row. (Curly Lambeau being the other)
Bart Starr - never tried to hold the Packers hostage... which Brett has been doing so far.

Brett Favre will never be better than Bart Starr.. ever! The Record Books don't lie.
Brett Favre has his own three in-a-row. But, what has Favre given Green Bay, in that regard?

(Going to Mortenson, almost immediately after the TT & MM visit to Favre's Plantation was a smack in the face and he should have been called on it - Lombardi would have traded him, the very next day)

The Job description for General Manager, in the NFL, does not read "Ye must please Brett Favre"

There is no way, on God's green earth that Favre has any stand of righteousness in this battle he's created with Ted Thompson and the Packers. Favre is totally out of line. If he's worried about getting protection on the Line, then it would have benefited Brett Favre first, and foremost, for him to go to Green Bay on March 1st, 2006 and announce his decision to come back, or run away. It would have given the Org. some firepower throughout the Free Agency period - everyone knows that. It's Favre's Legacy, and no one can write it, but him. It's a shame that this Chapter has to be included, as it will be!

He criticized Mike McKenzie and Javon Walker, yet feels he should receive no criticism in his own direction? Whoa there... back up the horses, just a bit. Who said so, other than the blind idolitors, the Favre Luvers who forget that Green Bay comes first, not Brett Favre.

But - I'd expect you to disagree with respect, as much respect as you think you (yourself) deserve!

This man is very intelligent. Good post, so true.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I will agree with the utmost respect or at least as much respect that you give Favre. This may be the single most ridiculous (with all due respect of course) post I have ever read. MODERATORS!!!!!!

If this isn't a bait thread to get someone suspended, Ive never seen one. The only saving grace is that noone really takes you seriously so there shouldn't be too much trouble brewing here.

I do see one common thread with you Favre haters. You can't stand the fact that he completely obliterated Bart Starr's records. You hating Favre for being better than Starr is the same crime you are blaming Favre supporters for. Starr isn't bigger than the Packers....why all the hate. BTW..if Favre played in the 60's the Packers would have won about 8 championships.

Keep dreaming Mr. Fan Club!

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
Mark My Words:

For the good of the team ( but not in his best interests ) Brett will be back !

Then thank Teddy every time you see him on his back after being hit when it all could have been prevented going back to last year with the loss of our guards but the signing of the "Golden Boy" instead !!!

Now THAT is a good post. Winni...it seems like the "in thing " now is to rip Favre. I don't get it. What a bunch of idiots (i say that with the utmost respect).

OP
OP
I

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
I will agree with the utmost respect or at least as much respect that you give Favre. This may be the single most ridiculous (with all due respect of course) post I have ever read. MODERATORS!!!!!!

If this isn't a bait thread to get someone suspended, Ive never seen one. The only saving grace is that noone really takes you seriously so there shouldn't be too much trouble brewing here.

I do see one common thread with you Favre haters. You can't stand the fact that he completely obliterated Bart Starr's records. You hating Favre for being better than Starr is the same crime you are blaming Favre supporters for. Starr isn't bigger than the Packers....why all the hate. BTW..if Favre played in the 60's the Packers would have won about 8 championships.

Keep dreaming Mr. Fan Club!

This is, of course, nothing less than I expected from the one single person who rants that no one should "ever" criticize Brett Favre..... ever!

It's like the mexican border discussion - if you want a gate for aliens to pass thru, then you hate minorities.... big whoop -- nothing more than decoy conversation...

So, right back at yer "bait comment" der, DePack - just as much respect as you gave.

I notice on the whole of this Forum - you are practically the only one who pushes the "Favre is God" mantra.

Yet, you responded to none of the facts in my posting..... none!
Good forum member, that.......

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all i can say is wow!! :shock:
since none of us truly knows what is going on behind the scenes, i am not equipped to pass judgement on brett favre, TT, or MM. let's see how this all pans out guys - PLEASE?!?!? :pray:

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I knew it wouldnt take long for people to look at this post and assume that it is anti Favre. To some people there is no grey area. You have to support everything Brett Favre ever does and if you don't then you hate and disrespect him. I am not a fan of how he has handled the offseason. It makes me think a little less of him but do I hate him? No. He is an amazing player and a great guy and I can understand how he is feeling but he needs to suck it up and forget about what is going on with the team and if he feels like he can keep doing his job, then he should go all out and do it.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There were no FACTS in your posting...just a bait thread....FACT. When it comes to football YES.."Favre is God"...has been for years. In fact you believed that at one time. I'm not going to apologize for feeling this way NOR am I going to change my opinion just because ripping Favre has become "the **** thing to do". Good Packer fan.

That Mexican border thing??? Priceless!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez said:

:bow:

good luck, pal. get ready for some heat.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
When it comes to football YES.."Favre is God"...has been for years.

I love favre too...but..come on.

I actually love favre because he ISNT god. I like that hes flawed, that his mechanics are nowhere near perfect, but he makes the plays.

but, ur entitled to your opinion so...rock on.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
I knew it wouldnt take long for people to look at this post and assume that it is anti Favre. To some people there is no grey area. You have to support everything Brett Favre ever does and if you don't then you hate and disrespect him. I am not a fan of how he has handled the offseason. It makes me think a little less of him but do I hate him? No. He is an amazing player and a great guy and I can understand how he is feeling but he needs to suck it up and forget about what is going on with the team and if he feels like he can keep doing his job, then he should go all out and do it.

Are you saying that this post is NOT anti Favre? You might want to read it again. And why does everyone think they know what Favre should do or should have done?

Gopackgo82

Cheesehead
Reaction score
*Gives IPBprez a flame shield*

Here, you need one of these. It looks like I've come a little late, you're a little crispy.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:
SuperRat said:

Are you saying that this post is NOT anti Favre? You might want to read it again. And why does everyone think they know what Favre should do or should have done?

its morals and ethics. its not what 'favre' should do, its what a 'good team mate' would do, what a 'team leader' would do. we of course see brett as all of those things, but his actions lately...make me a sad panda.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This post is retarded - I have been asking time after time for someone to tell me what Brett taking his time has to do with the well being of this team......

The only answer I get is that we could have signed some Career loser, Backup QB to keep the boat afloat while A-Rod was holding a clipboard. Then we could go through all the rough years with A-Rod.

So Brett is preventing this team from 5 years of 8-8 football?

I don't think Brett is god but PLEASE,PLEASE,PLEASE tell me what he is preventing this team from doing!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
people have done that multiple times, driver. i dont think people are going to list them 3 times a day because you cant remember them

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trommykins just said morals & ethics... :lol:

but seriously...i just don't understand how any of us can truly judge someone else when we don't know all the facts. personally, i think favre should come back & fight for this team - warhawk had an awesome post earlier today in another thread about this exact thing. but that's how I feel - none of us really knows what brett is thinking. for the lovers & the haters to bash each other day in & day out is really kinda silly.

i have personal reasons for being a brett lover because he did something incredibly wonderful for my dying dad & even I can understand people's impatience. to go much beyond being impatient is just an exercise in futility.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the topic Tro. The only thing that I have heard is we could have signed some stiff this year to play QB. Why?

I just think that if Brett wants to Force TT'S hand than I say good for him. He is not asking to be Traded, Be paid 2 Million more or whatever, he is asking that WE ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING THIS OFF-SEASON.

I hope you guys that are whining about Favre keep your mouth shut when we have to cheer for a mediocre football team.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So his morals and ethics are going to destroy the team?

Noone said anything about his morals and ethics when he was popping vikes and drinking like a fish. He seemed to lead the team just fine then.

Maybe we should start bashing Ahman and Al Harris for having run-ins with the law. Beating your wife is moral isn't it?

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
pyledriver80 said:
This is the topic Tro. The only thing that I have heard is we could have signed some stiff this year to play QB. Why?

I just think that if Brett wants to Force TT'S hand than I say good for him. He is not asking to be Traded, Be paid 2 Million more or whatever, he is asking that WE ACTUALLY DO SOMETHING THIS OFF-SEASON.

I hope you guys that are whining about Favre keep your mouth shut when we have to cheer for a mediocre football team.

Here Here, all I can say at this point is there are more "ingrate" Pack fans than I ever thought I would see !!!

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Trom,
You have said time after time after time, that TT has been the most intelligent GM out there for not spending big bucks on top tier free agents.

What the hell good would it have done for Brett Favre to as you say"challenge" other players, nobody, who is worth a damn, is coming to Green Bay, to play for one year, which seems to be the ony type of contract TT is offering.

No Trom, you can't have it both ways, which of course, you don't understand because you double talk your way through life.

TT has screwed this years FA up, and now as always you are looking for someone to blame, other then who is responsible.

Whatever Brett does, you will never see me write such an idiotic post that you have just written, you call yourself a Packer Fan, I'll call you what you are, and that is just a little mole who has to respond to every post giving your unwanted and absurd opinion.

I'll say it again, whoever takes the field for Green Bay come September, I will be there every week supporting them through wins and losses, while you will be here writing your nonsense, about why this guy shouldn't be playing and why this coach should be fired.

You are good at annointing people, well let me annoint you........
TROM....THE GREATES MONDAY MORNING QB THERE EVER IS OR WAS!!!
The guy who has all the answers after all the facts.
I BOW TO YOU!!!!!!!

Brett Favre has put the Green Bay Packers first for the last 15 years, you dont like what he is doing, to damn bad. He has earned the right to take his time and decide what he wants to do, if TT doesn't like it, then he has options, TT just doesnt have the balls to use them.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Brett Favre has put the Green Bay Packers first for the last 15 years, you dont like what he is doing, to damn bad. He has earned the right to take his time and decide what he wants to do, if TT doesn't like it, then he has options, TT just doesnt have the balls to use them".

Could not agree more !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Latest posts