Favre is the problem??

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To all you football masterminds who think Favre is the problem, here is a little hint. The fumble? Playing "Blitzburgh" and he is left on an obvious passing down with no one to pick up the blitz that is clearly coming. #4s fault? Nope, don't hink so! Ever play competitive sports? Try winning with WRs and RBs who are barely worthy of practice squad consideration. These kids don't even understand the system and were not able to make the adjustment to "hot read" when the blitz was coming. Bottom line is Favre is playing alone, and doing so this particular week against one of the better defenses in the league.

Tell you what....go out and pick a fight with 5 or 6 guys and tell me how you fare. That is EXACTLY what Brett is doing right now! He is severely outmanned EVERY play of EVERY game he is in.

Dear lord, some of you folks need to wake up to the fact that there are no more players left on the field for Favre to play with. He is literally a one man show...and EVEN Tom Rossley could figure out how to stop/exploit that situation.

OP
OP
D

digsthepack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sure...he could recognize it and throw it to who? There was nobody running hot read on the blitz! How much time did he have...all of .8 seconds?

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
To bad the same old Brett isn't good enough.

NUMBERS
Brett Favre is on track in 2005 for 4000 yards and 30 TD's both are above his career average. (this would be his 5th 4K yd season; Marino had 6)

His QB rating this season prior to the Steeler game was exactly the same as 2002 when he was MVP runner up.

ACCURACY
His completion percentage this season is the highest of his career. He is on track for the highest # of completions in a year for his career.

ARM STRENGTH
He is on track for the second highest total of pass plays over 20 yards. He is on track for 5th highest total pass plays over 40 yards. Both above his career average.

Brett's stats are again good. Against the Steelers only 7 different players received a Brett Favre pass. A good running game may the the solution.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only downside is the interceptions. But that's due to a lack of real weapons on the offense. We would way better right now if we had Walker. Brett would probably have about 20 TDs right now too.

acw

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's making bad decisions and refuses to run the ball. Many times it is obvious that he can pick up the first by running, instead he makes a stupid throw and we end up punting.

DeusNova

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre isn't the problem.

The lack of playmakers on offense is.

As of right now the only playmaker on offense is Favre. We need a guy like Brian Westbrook on our team.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
or Dorsey Levens...

You know how you deal with the blitz?..you throw short crossing routes..or swing passes in the flat....

This is supposed to be a West Coast Offense now..isn't it?

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Good Post CaliforniaCheez, I think some fans need to be reminded of the Mans stats from time to time. Bad Season for Pack is not Brett's fault Folks.
And the season isn't over yet. Go Pack GO.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
WinnipegPackFan said:
Good Post CaliforniaCheez, I think some fans need to be reminded of the Mans stats from time to time. Bad Season for Pack is not Brett's fault Folks.
And the season isn't over yet. Go Pack GO.

We stand by our team. We also have to accept downturns as well.

Pudge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Interesting stat to note:

Records in games that the player starts and finishes since 2002 that are determined by 8 points or less (i.e. close games):

Michael Vick 13-1
Brett Favre 6-12

Brett Favre is on pace to throw 28 INTs this year, the most by any QB in the past 15 years. Peyton Manning threw that many in 1998, his rookie year.

Favre is the problem guys. A great QB once that is a sure fire Hall of Famer. But his legacy is done. He's still one of the better QBs in the league, but in terms of getting the job done on the field, he's quickly being surpassed by guys like Roethlisberger, Vick, Eli Manning, Brees, among others, so that it would be hard for me to rank him in the Top 5 QBs in the league at present.

Enjoy your loss. Favre returns to Atlanta for the first time in 13 years, and expect a big fat L to be slapped across the standings for the Pack. Favre never did have success in ATL...

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i love the "on pace" comment the most. i think Moss was on pace to have 32 TD's after 5 games last season. kinda like Vick is on pace to shatter QB rushing stats barring any debilitating, career ending injury. :roll:

and what kind of stat is that up there...games determined by 8 points or less? so if Brett destroys an opponent it actually counts against him? genius!

enjoy losing in the playoffs with your one dimensional offense pudge!

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pudge you deserve credit for searching for some obscure situational stat where Vick may appear to have an edge on Favre. It is so difficult to find anything other pocket abandonment and running like a scared rabbit where Vick might exceed Favre at anything.

Favre is on pace for 30 passing TD's this year and Vick 12. Vick's highest total 16 happened in 2002.

Oh, but he runs. No ! He has 16 career rushing TD's and 8 of those were in 2002. So he best season of running and passing for TD's was 24 in 2002 (before defenses figured him out). Favre has 9 seasons better than Vick's best.

Vick's season average over 4 year career is 9 TD's passing and 4 TD's rushing.
Brett season average over a career 3 times as long is 29 TD's passing 1 rushing. Averaging 30 total TD's a season is better than 13 TD's a season.

That really is a good find

1) start and finish a game
2) determined by 8 points or less
3) since 2002

How about plain victories since 2002. The Packers have more than Falcons and Brett was there for every one. The Falcons have fewer wins and Vick was not there for all.

Thread is now hijacked.

gmann001

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Isn't it true that a good percentage of BF's interceptions are popped up from his own receivers? If the caught the balls instead of popping them up like a volleyball, it could be a very different record. The receivers we have need to get used to BF's missiles and HOLD ON.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pudge....mentioning Mikey Vick in the same breath as Brett Favre gives me douchechills. Vick may be the most inaccurate passer in the NFL.

Do us all a favor.....win something....then get back to us!

Pudge

Cheesehead
Reaction score
arrowgargantuan said:
and what kind of stat is that up there...games determined by 8 points or less? so if Brett destroys an opponent it actually counts against him?

Well first off, the stat should be interesting because Favre is known for his 4th quarter comebacks, which should indicate that the Packers are able to win the close games late. That seems to be the opposite case. If you go back through 2002, and his first season as a starter, Vick posted a 4-4-1 record in similar situations, making his win % in close games 76.1%.

Sure, Favre has won 1 Super Bowl. If it takes winning 1 SUper Bowl so that Vick can get mentioned in the same breath as of some of the "greats" like Mark Rypien, Jim McMahon, Jeff Hostetler, Trent Dilfer, Kurt Warner, and Brad Johnson, then I'm not too worried about Vick's chances.

CaliforniaCheez said:
How about plain victories since 2002. The Packers have more than Falcons and Brett was there for every one. The Falcons have fewer wins and Vick was not there for all.

So that stat indicates that Favre is more durable than Vick. No arguments there. Favre ranks as one of the greats for his durability. Vick has started 43 games thus far in his career, and has a better winning percentage than Favre did in his first 43 stats (71% vs. 56%). Vick has a better career winning percentage than Favre as well. (71% vs. 64%)

DePack said:
Do us all a favor.....win something....then get back to us!

And I'll get back to you on Sunday, once we destroy your team.

CaliforniaCheez said:
Favre is on pace for 30 passing TD's this year and Vick 12. Vick's highest total 16 happened in 2002.

So I take it Cheez, that having 30 TDs and 4000 yards is okay if the team is 3-13?

gmann01 said:
Isn't it true that a good percentage of BF's interceptions are popped up from his own receivers? If the caught the balls instead of popping them up like a volleyball, it could be a very different record. The receivers we have need to get used to BF's missiles and HOLD ON.

I could probably make a similar argument for Vick, but I'm not going to. The overwhelming majority of Favre and Vick's interceptions are their own fault.

CaliforniaCheez said:
It is so difficult to find anything other pocket abandonment and running like a scared rabbit where Vick might exceed Favre at anything.

I don't think you'll find anyone stupid enough in the world to argue that VIck is anywhere in Favre's league as a pocket passer, or that Vick is even in the Top 10 QBs in the league in that area. And you probably argue that Vick is among the worst passing QBs among starters in the league. All I'm saying is that if the measure of a QB is doing whatever is necessary to win football games, then Michael Vick has surpassed Brett Favre already in his career. In this case, the stats don't lie. If he's in a game in the closing minutes, rain or shine whether he's thrown 3 INTs, rushed for 3 TDs, or is completing just 40% of his passes, the Falcons win 76% of the time (93% of the time recently). Favre may have been that successful in the past, but he is not there anymore.

Zero2Cool said:
So... how's Brett the problem?

Packer fans are in serious denial if they still believe Favre alone is going to lead them to the promised land. I realize that your team doesn't have anywhere close to the same amount of weapons and tools as its had in past years, but what I heard from Packer fans all off-season long, is "at least we still have Favre." So Favre is putting up some gaudy numbers, but it's not helping the team win, even in the close games. The mojo is gone, and the best thing your team can hope for is that Aaron Rodgers or another QB can quickly turn things around. THe sooner you get over your love affair with Brett Favre, the better it is for the organization in the long run. But I would not expect Packer fans to accept this. I mean it is Brett Favre, the guy that led your team to its first playoff win in 20 years and Super Bowl win in 30.

So Packer fans, keep believing that Favre is good enough to win you guys another Super Bowl. You're hurting no one but yourselves with that belief.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pudge....beating a 1-7 team is not "winning something"...I was thinking more in terms of a Super Bowl....but I see you can't even think in those terms.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts