Favre is the best in the business (foxsports.com)

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre also holds a lot of other records but he is the best! Kudos to Favre AND Bradshaw who recognizes that fact.

When Bradshaw says so, it is believable. He has seen the best and played with some of the best.

Timmons

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Terry could have left the details about himself out of the article. We're all aware of what he's done.

It is tough to pick a top QB amongst them all. I'm not familiar with those during and before the 70s. Here's my list:

Joe Montana
Brett Favre
Dan Marino
John Elway
Steve Young
Troy Aikman

I'm not sure where to put Bradshaw in there as I've only seen his highlights. He wouldn't be above Elway for me, as what I know of his teams. All on all, Brett is the best as doing something with nothing. Montana is the best QB ever. Brett is the most fun to watch.

TFarn22

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bradshaw made a pretty good point. The packers have had some pretty good wide recievers play with Brett but nobody like a Jerry Rice or Lynn Swann. Oh I wouldnt have Troy Aikman on my top 50 list of best quarterbacks.

KGB94SACKEM

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Pack&BrettCrazed4 said:
I just laugh at the fact that people, in their minds, were benching Brett in the preseason

It makes me laugh as well. Brett is getting it done. The guy is amazing

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hearing "Both" Bradshaw and Mooch go out on the limb this week and say Brett's the best QB ever was a nice surprise to say the least !!!

Cheers !!!

Post Note - The "Brett's not in the top ten crowd" might want to review their opinion :roll:

LordEvil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
terry did make a good point about favre. he has not had probowl type players on this offence. even when we had the number 1 rank offence. freeman whos he? look at payton manning. he has to 2 great WRs. marino had mar duper mark clayton. montana had a world class offence he won 4 superbowls, but the stats arnt even close. if the pack goes 12-4 this year i think favre will have his 4th mvp. all im saying is that put favre in some of the other offences that the other qbS have had and tell me that favre would have dont the same or better, and put them in the Os that favre has had and tell me that they would have dont better then him!!!!

usmpacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here's an article on Brett from today's Jackson, MS, Clarion-Ledger, by Rick Cleveland, who has covered Southern Miss games on and off for years [his dad was sports info director at Southern Miss some years ago]

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071002/SPORTS02/310020002/0/SPORTS

or just go to www.clarionledger.com and click sports and look for Cleveland's "NFL Memories" article.

Also, you can check www.sunherald.com which is the Mississippi Coast's paper, as they write a good bit about Brett, sportswriter Al Jones grew up with him and was the first media guy Brett called when he said he was coming back for this season.

Finally, did you know Brett has a nephew, Dylan Favre, who is a star QB for St. Stanislaus HS in Pass Christian/Bay St. Louis area? Is only a sophomore and is having quite a season. Dylan's father Jeff played DB at Southern Miss after Brett was there.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Here's an article on Brett from today's Jackson, MS, Clarion-Ledger, by Rick Cleveland, who has covered Southern Miss games on and off for years [his dad was sports info director at Southern Miss some years ago]

http://www.clarionledger.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071002/SPORTS02/310020002/0/SPORTS

or just go to www.clarionledger.com and click sports and look for Cleveland's "NFL Memories" article.

Also, you can check www.sunherald.com which is the Mississippi Coast's paper, as they write a good bit about Brett, sportswriter Al Jones grew up with him and was the first media guy Brett called when he said he was coming back for this season.

Finally, did you know Brett has a nephew, Dylan Favre, who is a star QB for St. Stanislaus HS in Pass Christian/Bay St. Louis area? Is only a sophomore and is having quite a season. Dylan's father Jeff played DB at Southern Miss after Brett was there.

I didn't know that Dylan was that old already, awesome stuff and some interesting prespective from the local area down there. Thanks..

Here is to the young Favre following in Brett's footsteps so to speak, but also giving him enough space to be Dylan.

Cheers!!!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
terry did make a good point about favre. he has not had probowl type players on this offence. even when we had the number 1 rank offence. freeman whos he? look at payton manning. he has to 2 great WRs. marino had mar duper mark clayton. montana had a world class offence he won 4 superbowls, but the stats arnt even close. if the pack goes 12-4 this year i think favre will have his 4th mvp. all im saying is that put favre in some of the other offences that the other qbS have had and tell me that favre would have dont the same or better, and put them in the Os that favre has had and tell me that they would have dont better then him!!!!

Heh. I'll go one step above you. Put any other of these QBs (except Marino who had such a fast relief he rarely got sacked) behind some of the OLs Favre has had and they'd be carried off on a stretcher.

Members online

Latest posts