Favre is still better

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I miss the Brett that reached out to a family whose son had brain cancer and flew him up for Vikings playoff game.. had him eat with the team and break down a practice

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I had that boy on my shoulders during Brett’s softball game. Brett’s daughter knew him and talked to us. Christopher said can I see him. Brittney went and got him and because of the crowd he could only get so close

Brett and family had pictures of Christopher on his fridge .

I’m not sure what happened, but Brett’s last few years in GB and after were nothing like the man I thought was awesome

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I miss the Brett that reached out to a family whose son had brain cancer and flew him up for Vikings playoff game.. had him eat with the team and break down a practice

I had that boy on my shoulders during Brett’s softball game. Brett’s daughter knew him and talked to us. Christopher said can I see him. Brittney went and got him and because of the crowd he could only get so close

I’m not sure what happened, but Brett’s last few years in GB and after were nothing like the man I thought was awesome
People change. Things happening in their lives often shape what those changes are. Wasn't that during the time when his wife was going through her own battle with cancer, or right after it? I can't recall.

These are the things I choose to remember about people.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thanks LTF. I don't think any real Packers fan wants to believe these recent allegations. Rather that there was a misunderstanding, or that Favre just forgot to do something. I don't wanna believe he intentionally stiffed the poor to the tune of millions of $$$. I just don't wanna believe it.

Unfortunately every week brings news that Favre must have known and acted intentionally. I still don't wanna believe it.

Voyageur

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks LTF. I don't think any real Packers fan wants to believe these recent allegations. Rather that there was a misunderstanding, or that Favre just forgot to do something. I don't wanna believe he intentionally stiffed the poor to the tune of millions of $$$. I just don't wanna believe it.

Unfortunately every week brings news that Favre must have known and acted intentionally. I still don't wanna believe it.
Favre isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. The fact that he was concerned about people finding out about it shows he realized it wasn't on the up and up.

Good ol' boy stupidity. It runs rampant in the South.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre isn't the sharpest knife in the drawer. The fact that he was concerned about people finding out about it shows he realized it wasn't on the up and up.

Good ol' boy stupidity. It runs rampant in the South.
Yeah you're right. I mean he sent a text (social media) to someone saying, I'm paraphrasing, "Will this get out to the media" - so leaving a media trail himself. Definitely not the sharpest knife in the drawer. Well, with Favre, it's always been a love/hate relationship with him. I know I can hold the two emotions about him at the same time.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We're all a mix of good and bad. I've never thought of Favre as anything more as a pampered diva athlete, morally anyway. As your story shows, his position allowed him the chance to do great good, and it also allows him to do great bad.

Perhaps he thought that although the funding was being redirected, the needy would still be getting care anyway, and maybe the project would go overbudget or some government agency would have to eat the loss. Which is not an excuse, but I'm not sure he drew a direct line to "I'm going to take this peanut butter sandwich out of this kid's mouth".

milani

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Let us wait until the facts are all out there and let us see what he has to say. We live in an age in which media has the ability to deceive millions and millions of people with what appears to be so real. Then after the fact we learn there was no truth to what was said in the first place. The saddest part is that when all is said and done there is no retribution made to those who were the victims. Just an " Oh Well. "So let us wait until the truth comes out and go from there rather than jump on the bandwagon of character assassination.
People change. Things happening in their lives often shape what those changes are. Wasn't that during the time when his wife was going through her own battle with cancer, or right after it? I can't recall.

These are the things I choose to remember about people.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
We're all a mix of good and bad. I've never thought of Favre as anything more as a pampered diva athlete, morally anyway. As your story shows, his position allowed him the chance to do great good, and it also allows him to do great bad.

Perhaps he thought that although the funding was being redirected, the needy would still be getting care anyway, and maybe the project would go overbudget or some government agency would have to eat the loss. Which is not an excuse, but I'm not sure he drew a direct line to "I'm going to take this peanut butter sandwich out of this kid's mouth".
I think the pb example is right

I knew people close to him , and he surrounded himself with people smarter than him. Maybe they are gone? And he doesn’t think it through.

Maybe to many concussions

But he has changed

He went from banging chicks in bathrooms at bars GB and then be a loyal dad and husband

Then to how he handled all of the gb stuff and the jets issues

He changed

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Let us wait until the facts are all out there and let us see what he has to say. We live in an age in which media has the ability to deceive millions and millions of people with what appears to be so real. Then after the fact we learn there was no truth to what was said in the first place. The saddest part is that when all is said and done there is no retribution made to those who were the victims. Just an " Oh Well. "So let us wait until the truth comes out and go from there rather than jump on the bandwagon of character assassination.
Can't disagree with your observation. People are "convicted" much more frequently in the court of public opinion - also known now as "social media". Anyway, you're spot on. At least in America, if someone says they're innocent, that's the case until proven otherwise.

And if something turns up that provides a perfect explanation for the matter - for example - in this case, it's revealed Favre did nothing wrong or intentional- well ya can't unring a bell.

JPPT1974

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Regardless of what happens to him in this controversy, he was a great QB still but Aaron was more mobile but both were great in their own right there.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Back in the day (late 90's), I had an assistant manager who is a life-long Packers fan, now living in the middle of Vikie territory and still represents, who absolutely despised Brett Favre. I used to kid her that he must have rebuffed her drunken advances or something - that wouldn't have happened by the way - and she'd never be able to say why she disliked him so much. All she'd say is something to the effect that he isn't a good guy. I didn't see it, or, chose to NOT see it.

Anyway, it doesn't impact my life one way or the other, I've never idolized professional athletes with the possible exception of Jerry Kramer, Favre is no exception - but the guy sure could play a football game that I wanted to watch.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Back in the day (late 90's), I had an assistant manager who is a life-long Packers fan, now living in the middle of Vikie territory and still represents, who absolutely despised Brett Favre. I used to kid her that he must have rebuffed her drunken advances or something - that wouldn't have happened by the way - and she'd never be able to say why she disliked him so much. All she'd say is something to the effect that he isn't a good guy. I didn't see it, or, chose to NOT see it.

Anyway, it doesn't impact my life one way or the other, I've never idolized professional athletes with the possible exception of Jerry Kramer, Favre is no exception - but the guy sure could play a football game that I wanted to watch.
She couldn`t say ? did she have a picture phone by any chance ?

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Maybe to many concussions

But he has changed
May well be. I certainly can't say I know him at all, so I couldn't say.

he was a great QB still but Aaron was more mobile but both were great in their own right there.
Favre was able to get to a second Super Bowl, which Rodgers hasn't so far. Of course it's a team game. The reason I bring this up is that I was watching Saturday Night Live last night, and there was a skit featuring Peyton and Eli Manning. And I was thinking damn, both of those guys have two Super Bowl wins, and Favre and Rodgers could only get one each. Irritating.

Members online

Latest posts