Favre is still better

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
State of Mississippi is suing Brett as part of their welfare fraud recovery program.

Would it have been so tough to talk to a bunch of kids, Brett? Come on ... money for nothing?

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
State of Mississippi is suing Brett as part of their welfare fraud recovery program.

Would it have been so tough to talk to a bunch of kids, Brett? Come on ... money for nothing?
He was paid to make speeches and didn't show up. It's something I would think he would do pro bono. It's bad enough he didn't show up. It's rotten he kept the money, or spent it, and didn't start repaying until he was caught. I could have confused "Favre" and "Trump" in a graft scheme like this.

There were a number of others involved. Geez the state frees up millions for the benefit of poor kids and these millionaires keep the money. Scum, the whole bunch of em.

Last edited:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No sense in being a redneck hillbilly if you can't act like one.
I guess. I don't give Favre credit for being smart enough to con someone. I don't know if there's actual evidence of him spending that money. I think he just forgot his responsibilities. I partly blame the agency. Give the money directly to the people who need it. They know best how to spend it.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My opinion of Favre went down the tubes when he wore purple. This latest episode just reinforces my viewpoint that Brett's scruples are about as low as his qb rating after he threw 3 picks in a game.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My opinion of Favre went down the tubes when he wore purple. This latest episode just reinforces my viewpoint that Brett's scruples are about as low as his qb rating after he threw 3 picks in a game.
Agree. The time with the Queens was purely out of spite. Some things ya just don't forget. And then the two years before they traded him to the Jets, where he decided to unretire after the draft. That was ********.

JPPT1974

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah but Rodgers is a scrambler while Favre just let his throwing speak for itself there.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah but Rodgers is a scrambler while Favre just let his throwing speak for itself there.
Yeah I can't recall Favre running at all, whereas Rodgers will do it maybe twice a game on average, and always when he knows what he'll get out of it.

Favre was also more likely to force a pass into a tiny window rather than throwing the ball away. That's why Favre and Rodgers are on opposite ends of the interception spectrum. Looking back, it's amazing Favre won as many games as he did, given all the INTs. Then again, he threw a lot of TDs.

So two HOF QBs with two very different approaches to the game. I like Rodgers surgical approach to the game. Favre was just more fun to watch.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah I can't recall Favre running at all, whereas Rodgers will do it maybe twice a game on average, and always when he knows what he'll get out of it.

Favre was also more likely to force a pass into a tiny window rather than throwing the ball away. That's why Favre and Rodgers are on opposite ends of the interception spectrum. Looking back, it's amazing Favre won as many games as he did, given all the INTs. Then again, he threw a lot of TDs.

So two HOF QBs with two very different approaches to the game. I like Rodgers surgical approach to the game. Favre was just more fun to watch.
Favre ran a lot when younger..not like a running qb, but he would take off when he saw an opportunity.

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yep, you were on the edge of your seat, saying "Please don't throw a pick here Brett, please don't throw a pick".

Maybe Favre wasn't a scrambler, but it seemed like he was pretty good at avoiding the sack. I guess firing the ball out somewhere, anywhere, was part of that. :)

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Maybe Favre wasn't a scrambler, but it seemed like he was pretty good at avoiding the sack. I guess firing the ball out somewhere, anywhere, was part of that.
Favre had the knack to shed tacklers, much like Big Ben did. When BF4 started, the "in the grasp" rule was more strictly enforced. He was called down several times after he avoided going down and was running. Later in his career into now it's only called when the QB has appeared to give up.

D

Deleted member 6794

Looking back, it's amazing Favre won as many games as he did, given all the INTs. Then again, he threw a lot of TDs.

In addition he threw only less than an interception more per season than the league average for teams from 1992 until 2007.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In addition he threw only less than an interception more per season than the league average for teams from 1992 until 2007.
That's an interesting stat considering he's thrown the most INTs in NFL history right? Then again, he played for a lot of years and a lot of games. Anyway that stat puts things in perspective. He wasn't as bad when it comes to INTs as I thought.

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's an interesting stat considering he's thrown the most INTs in NFL history right? Then again, he played for a lot of years and a lot of games. Anyway that stat puts things in perspective. He wasn't as bad when it comes to INTs as I thought.
Also, seems like when he was on, he didn't throw as many INTs. Good seasons, bad seasons, good games, bad games.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Also, seems like when he was on, he didn't throw as many INTs. Good seasons, bad seasons, good games, bad games.
Exactly. The phrase "Live by Favre, die by Favre" was appropriate. But yeah he was like a point guard who suddenly hits 10 three-pointers in a row, and then the next night goes 0-20 from three. That's why he was fun to watch. You never knew who was gonna show up!

TEXPAC2

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I loved having Farve as a GB QB. He is definitely one of the most fun to watch and cheer for. BUT, there really is no comparison on how much better 12 is than 4.

We are the luckiest fans on earth to have 2 of the best QB’s in history and in a row to play for us!!!!!

rmontro

Cheesehead
Reaction score
We are the luckiest fans on earth to have 2 of the best QB’s in history and in a row to play for us!!!!!
And to get only two Super Bowl wins out of them. I know, I should be thankful, some teams have no Super Bowl wins.

D

Deleted member 6794

True, Favre having started more games than any other quarterback in league history aside of Brady definitely factors into him having thrown the most interceptions all-time.

It's interesting to note that out of the 200 quarterbacks with the most interceptions in NFL history 139 have a higher percentage of INTs per attempt than Favre.

True, and yet there are many fans who would have preferred to move on from Rodgers by now. They will be in for a rude awakening once the Packers don't feature an elite quarterback anymore.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What sticks in people's minds is that Favre threw his worst picks in the playoffs. 6 picks vs the Rams and an interception vs the Eagles in overtime that looked more like a punt than a pass. Both Favre and Rodgers will be in the HOF for the regular season exploits, though neither can be considered clutch when it mattered.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What sticks in people's minds is that Favre threw his worst picks in the playoffs. 6 picks vs the Rams and an interception vs the Eagles in overtime that looked more like a punt than a pass. Both Favre and Rodgers will be in the HOF for the regular season exploits, though neither can be considered clutch when it mattered.
Agreed. And he threw an INT against the Giants in a frigid NFCCG in 2008 I think, and when he was with the Vikes, he again threw a late INT against the Saints when all he had to do was fall down for a FG to win the game. Well, at least he was consistent.

Members online

Latest posts