Favre is still better

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am seriously hoping AR can step it up BUT....

At this point, he hasn't surpassed Brett yet.

Favre 3 MVPs
Rodgers 2 MVPs

Favre 2 SB appearances
Rodgers 1 SB appearance

Favre 4 x League Leader TD Passes
Rodgers 1 x League Leader TD Passes

Forget Favre

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, at throwing interceptions and stabbing the fans in the back by going to a rival team.

I used to feel that the only way for A-Rod to be better was to win another SB.
But seeing how that hasn't happened again yet, I'll just have to realize he is better in other ways.

OP
OP
PackinMSP

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah, at throwing interceptions and stabbing the fans in the back by going to a rival team.

I used to feel that the only way for A-Rod to be better was to win another SB.
But seeing how that hasn't happened again yet, I'll just have to realize he is better in other ways.

Let's just keep it objective here

gonzozab

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre has 1 Super Bowl. Rodgers has 1 Super Bowl and one Super Bowl MVP. Rodgers has already had a more successful career.

OP
OP
PackinMSP

PackinMSP

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron has been B.A.D.

The QB rating is the most overrated stat in sports considering it doesn't account for SACKS!!!
Also the amount of high draft capital (2nd round+) WRs AR had compared to Favre
ALSO... the RULE CHANGES...

I'm just hoping Aaron can prove me and all of us wrong

Take of your homer glasses, Aaron has NOT been that good since he got hurt last year

Reaction score
Skill wise Aaron is better. And I dont think its close. HOWEVER! That being said if I was making a team from scratch, I would pick Favre first. Without hesitation. Why you ask? Good question. And I dont think there is a concrete answer to why. I think that is why people who defend Aaron over Favre get so heated because there isn't something like stats to turn to necessarily. But Favre inspired people on the field. He instilled hope into his teammates. I don't think Aaron does that or at least not often. Will Favre throw that game ending pick? Probably. But did he at least go out there every single time and have us think, damn, we may pull this off. Just with his attitude he gave us hope. Aaron I think in those moments knows a comeback may be unlikely and he will show that. Slow getting to the line. No talking in between plays. Going through the motions. That rubs a lot of fans the wrong way. Is it honest? Yes. We arent gonna win and Aaron knows it and is playing like such. But Favre acted like it was a tie game and we had to score. That cant be taught. Its something inside you. Ill just stop there, I could keep going lol

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
But did he at least go out there every single time and have us think, damn, we may pull this off. Just with his attitude he gave us hope. Aaron I think in those moments knows a comeback may be unlikely and he will show that.
Of course there are all the successful Hail Mary's by Rodgers......but I do agree with you on attitude. I will take Favre's on field attitude any day over Aaron's. As far as comparing them though and who is better, I think there are arguments both ways and it all comes down to personal preference as to how you will remember each guy. On that note, Rodgers career and story hasn't fully been written, so he may add or subtract things that people will want to remember him by.

Reaction score
Of course there are all the successful Hail Mary's by Rodgers......but I do agree with you on attitude. I will take Favre's on field attitude any day over Aaron's. As far as comparing them though and who is better, I think there are arguments both ways and it all comes down to personal preference as to how you will remember each guy. On that note, Rodgers career and story hasn't fully been written, so he may add or subtract things that people will want to remember him by.

I have mentioned this in a past post once, do you remember when Rodgers was celebrating with the belt sign and all that? What changed? The belt was a symbol for an accomplishment that the team could rally behind and have fun with. I know circumstances change and losing is not fun, but football is a game. Once you stop having fun playing the game, win or lose, what else ya got? I think Rodgers needs to simplify things and just have fun. Winning will come later

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
I have mentioned this in a past post once, do you remember when Rodgers was celebrating with the belt sign and all that? What changed? The belt was a symbol for an accomplishment that the team could rally behind and have fun with. I know circumstances change and losing is not fun, but football is a game. Once you stop having fun playing the game, win or lose, what else ya got? I think Rodgers needs to simplify things and just have fun. Winning will come later

What has changed? Not much to celebrate.

Your post made me want to "dig into the belt", because I honestly didn't know the full story behind it. Kind of an interesting read.....

https://nationalfootballpost.com/the-real-story-behind-rodgers-and-his-wwe-belt/

Reaction score
What has changed? Not much to celebrate.

Your post made me want to "dig into the belt", because I honestly didn't know the full story behind it. Kind of an interesting read.....

https://nationalfootballpost.com/the-real-story-behind-rodgers-and-his-wwe-belt/

I'll check this out. And yes definitely not much to celebrate. I think his injuries helped kill the mood also if you will. I always looked at it as sort of a rally the troops gesture. So even if it was a struggling season, maybe one belt gesture would build momentum and who knows. Pure speculation of course

bigbubbatd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron has been B.A.D.

The QB rating is the most overrated stat in sports considering it doesn't account for SACKS!!!

Take of your homer glasses, Aaron has NOT been that good since he got hurt last year

Sure Rodgers hasnt been good this year but he has been WAY BETTER in his bad year than Favre was in

Look up those numbers. I know the rules changed but those rules were in place in 2005 (look at Mannings numbers over that same time frame). Favre had some brutal seasons with way more INTS but also a lower completion percentage - even later in his career like 2005, 2006, 2010.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Sure Rodgers hasnt been good this year but he has been WAY BETTER in his bad year than Favre was in

Look up those numbers. I know the rules changed but those rules were in place in 2005 (look at Mannings numbers over that same time frame). Favre had some brutal seasons with way more INTS but also a lower completion percentage - even later in his career like 2005, 2006, 2010.

... must ...
... resist ...

... posting in a several years old thread ...

:whistling:

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am seriously hoping AR can step it up BUT....

At this point, he hasn't surpassed Brett yet.

Favre 3 MVPs
Rodgers 2 MVPs

Favre 2 SB appearances
Rodgers 1 SB appearance

Favre 4 x League Leader TD Passes
Rodgers 1 x League Leader TD Passes
Favre was great, but you lived AND died with him. I think he holds the record for most INTs. Don’t get me wrong, I loved watching him and love what he did for GB. Was he better than Rodgers? Not in my opinion, but it’s just an opinion.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron has been B.A.D.

Your last sentence is very true. This year MIGHT have been different without the week 1 knee injury, but I doubt it. He’s having a bad year. Hope it’s an aberration.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Skill wise Aaron is better. And I dont think its close. HOWEVER! That being said if I was making a team from scratch, I would pick Favre first. Without hesitation. Why you ask? Good question. And I dont think there is a concrete answer to why. I think that is why people who defend Aaron over Favre get so heated because there isn't something like stats to turn to necessarily. But Favre inspired people on the field. He instilled hope into his teammates. I don't think Aaron does that or at least not often. Will Favre throw that game ending pick? Probably. But did he at least go out there every single time and have us think, damn, we may pull this off. Just with his attitude he gave us hope. Aaron I think in those moments knows a comeback may be unlikely and he will show that. Slow getting to the line. No talking in between plays. Going through the motions. That rubs a lot of fans the wrong way. Is it honest? Yes. We arent gonna win and Aaron knows it and is playing like such. But Favre acted like it was a tie game and we had to score. That cant be taught. Its something inside you. Ill just stop there, I could keep going lol
Favre’s Ability to lift those around him is better than Rodgers. That much I’ll admit.

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Brett's defense ranking to Rodgers... Like to know

Favre:

Defense DVOA - Weighted Def - Pass Def - Rush Def / Offense Ratings
1995 19th 23rd 18th 18th / 2nd
1996 1st 6th 1st 9th / 3rd
1997 3rd 3rd 2nd 20th / 4th
1998 6th 9th 9th 7th / 9th
1999 18th 20th 17th 15th / 11th
2000 16th 18th 18th 12th / 13th
2001 8th 10th 7th 20th / 6th
2002 5th 3rd 2nd 28th / 14th
2003 8th 9th 11th 9th / 8th
2004 29th 26th 29th 24th / 6th
2005 21st 20th 24th 18th / 16th
2006 11th 5th 5th 27th / 19th
2007 16th 17th 16th 12th / 5th
2008 14th 15th 18th 7th / 18th (Jets)
2009 15th 17th 23rd 1st / 8th (Vikings)

Rodgers:

Defense DVOA - Weighted Def - Pass Def - Rush Def / Offense Ratings
2008 12th 12th 7th 27th / 11th
2009 2nd 2nd 4th 2nd / 5th
2010 2nd 2nd 1st 16th / 7th
2011 25th 27th 23rd 29th / 1st
2012 8th 11th 7th 14th / 3rd
2013 31st 29th 28th 30th / 9th
2014 16th 18th 11th 24th / 1st
2015 9th 14th 6th 19th / 11th
2016 20th 23rd 23rd 14th / 4th
2017 20th 24th 27th 8th / 15th
2018 25th 22nd 17th 29th / 7th

DCPacker Fan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only thing that matters is wins. Look at games to date. Favre has more wins, better playoff record and two Super Bowl appearances to one. Packers had one losing season with Favre and they’ve had two with Rodgers (three if you count last tears injury season). Keep your interceptions stats. I’ll take wins

Rodgers is more gifted when it comes to accuracy, careful with the ball. Favre leadership, giving his all, stronger arm. On paper Aaron, wins Favre, oh and Favre come from behind win percentage is also higher

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
Farve teams had better defenses on average..

You serious ???

Favre:

Years with Top 3 defense - 2 / 15 years
Years with Top 5 defense - 3 / 15 years
Years with Top 10 defense 6 / 15 years

Years with Top 3 offense - 2 / 15
Years with Top 5 offense - 4 / 15
Years with Top 10 offense - 9 / 15

Rodgers:

Years with Top 3 def - 2 / 11 years
Years with Top 5 def - 2 / 11 years
Years with Top 10 def - 4 / 11 years

Years with Top 3 offense - 3 / 11
Years with Top 5 offense - 5 / 11
Years with Top 10 offense - 8 / 11

Suffice to say, with a Top defense Packers under Favre went to Back-to-Back Super Bowls, not to mention only one single losing season ever ...

I still think Favre accomplished more as a Packer with less overall talent than Rodgers has so far ...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
You serious ???

Favre:

Years with Top 3 defense - 2 / 15 years
Years with Top 5 defense - 3 / 15 years
Years with Top 10 defense 6 / 15 years

Years with Top 3 offense - 2 / 15
Years with Top 5 offense - 4 / 15
Years with Top 10 offense - 9 / 15

Rodgers:

Years with Top 3 def - 2 / 11 years
Years with Top 5 def - 2 / 11 years
Years with Top 10 def - 4 / 11 years

Years with Top 3 offense - 3 / 11
Years with Top 5 offense - 5 / 11
Years with Top 10 offense - 8 / 11

Suffice to say, with a Top defense Packers under Favre went to Back-to-Back Super Bowls, not to mention only one single losing season ever ...

I still think Favre accomplished more as a Packer with less overall talent than Rodgers has so far ...
I said Def. Not off

So by your facts

Farve 11 times with top 10 def

Rodgers 8 times with top ten def.

But you always been Brett fan

Quientus

Oenophile
Reaction score
I said Def. Not off

So by your facts

Farve 11 times with top 10 def

Rodgers 8 times with top ten def.

But you always been Brett fan

Uhm .... its 6 years with a top 10 def out of 15 years (0,4) for Brett vs 4 out of 11 (0,36) for Rodgers ... - and How many times as division Winners and play offs ? :D

But it seems to me that your bias towards Favre makes you ignore the fact that overall the team around Rodgers in generel has been better than it was during Favres time ... Yet Rodgers still hasnt accomplished as much with the Packers ...

And Yes, you are Right - I’ve always been more fond of Favre than Rodgers, because Favre was a Leader and the team played harder for him, than They seem to do for Rodgers ... ;) - If you recall, I questioned Rodgers ability to be a Leader a very long time ago ...

Last edited:

Members online

Latest posts