Favre is still better

Pokerbrat2000

Opinions are like A-holes, we all have one.
Reaction score
Yes, It was Diamondhead. I have no doubt the Favre family was always about fun.
Cardinal and The Pines, played a lot of golf on those 2 courses, as did Brett and his agent Bus Cook. Not sure what Brett's handicap was at the time, but he tried to kill the ball off of every tee. I remember rushing up and just raking my putt, so that we could catch up to his group at every tee box. :D

D

Deleted member 6794

Timing? Favre was the first even decent QB since Starr (well, ****ey, but you know what I mean), whereas AR stepped in after about a decade of at least exciting, perhaps exception QB play.

****ey actually threw for more yards in 1983 than Favre ever did.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
I'd heard it was wiped out in the hurricane, did they ever rebuild?
They got hit by Katrina but didn't get wiped out. An area of Condos near one of the golf courses got hit the hardest, but for the most part the community came out of it much better than you would expect. Now the gulf shore by Interstate 10....didn't fare so well. :(

D

Deleted member 6794

Unfortunately, that was the year the Pack set a record for most points given up...and yardage yielded (I think)

True, the 439 points the Packers gave up in 1983 is still a franchise record. In addition the 6,403 yards given up that season ranks second in team history only behind the 2011 team.

Sanguine camper

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Funny how he wound up with over a million in his account for basically doing nothing. Brett knows he can do anything and get away with it. Does anybody think a DA in Mississippi is going to prosecute him or is a jury going to convict him? No way! I think he knows he doesn't have to worry about the law. Even if he has to defend himself in a court, he can affort the best lawyers who can keep him out of the can. Worst he'll face are a few token fines.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Favre's brother Scott didn't fare too well with the system in the late 90's. What an idiot, he just couldn't stay out of trouble for a fricking year?

WTF....Scott was pardoned?

Sister Brandi sounds like a real winner too.

Last edited:

lambeaulambo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lynn was the best no knees qb in nfl history. Never had a defense that did anything other than eat oscar meyers on the bench.

Pokerbrat2000

Reaction score
Lynn was the best no knees qb in nfl history. Never had a defense that did anything other than eat oscar meyers on the bench.
Yup...Good old Ezra Johnson. Starr fined him$1000 for eating a hot dog on the bench during a blow out loss to the Broncos.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yup...Good old Ezra Johnson. Starr fined him$1000 for eating a hot dog on the bench during a blow out loss to the Broncos.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!
Oh man, those were the bad ol days! A lot of younger fans don't recall the drought we all went through after Lombardi left town. I guess from 1968 or 1969 until Bob Harlan and Ron Wolf came to town. Early 90s I think. That was 30 years ago. Thanks for posting this Poker. Reminds me of how good we've had it for the vast majority of the last 30 years with Favre and Rodgers.

And that pic of Ezra is classic. As I recall, he was a pretty good guy on a pretty bad team. And they let Bart coach for like nine years. I'm gettin a headache.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
Oh man, those were the bad ol days! A lot of younger fans don't recall the drought we all went through after Lombardi left town. I guess from 1968 or 1969 until Bob Harlan and Ron Wolf came to town. Early 90s I think. That was 30 years ago. Thanks for posting this Poker. Reminds me of how good we've had it for the vast majority of the last 30 years with Favre and Rodgers.

And that pic of Ezra is classic. As I recall, he was a pretty good guy on a pretty bad team. And they let Bart coach for like nine years. I'm gettin a headache.
Oh yeah ... the 70's and 80's (except for the aberration year -- '72) ... there was a green mist of stink hovering over Lambeau, BUT it was still a great party. This is why I worship the very ground that Ron Wolf walks on. Prior to Wolf, the Packers weren't just BAD, they didn't know how BAD they were - through out the franchise, top to bottom, and apparently had no idea how to fix it. Harlan's elevation to Team President saved the franchise in that he hired Wolf and Wolf gutted the place.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Skill wise Aaron is better. And I dont think its close. HOWEVER! That being said if I was making a team from scratch, I would pick Favre first. Without hesitation. Why you ask? Good question. And I dont think there is a concrete answer to why. I think that is why people who defend Aaron over Favre get so heated because there isn't something like stats to turn to necessarily. But Favre inspired people on the field. He instilled hope into his teammates. I don't think Aaron does that or at least not often. Will Favre throw that game ending pick? Probably. But did he at least go out there every single time and have us think, damn, we may pull this off. Just with his attitude he gave us hope. Aaron I think in those moments knows a comeback may be unlikely and he will show that. Slow getting to the line. No talking in between plays. Going through the motions. That rubs a lot of fans the wrong way. Is it honest? Yes. We arent gonna win and Aaron knows it and is playing like such. But Favre acted like it was a tie game and we had to score. That cant be taught. Its something inside you. Ill just stop there, I could keep going lol
That's a pretty good description of the differences. Favre would get your blood flowing, no doubt. He'd take chances Rodgers never would. And you lived or died with him. He threw for a lot of yards and a lot of TDs and a lot of pics. It's hard to get over him going to the Queens though. But when he was here, and that was most of his career, it was a blast to watch him every week. He was like a kid and he brought out the kid in all of us.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh yeah ... the 70's and 80's (except for the aberration year -- '72) ... there was a green mist of stink hovering over Lambeau, BUT it was still a great party. This is why I worship the very ground that Ron Wolf walks on. Prior to Wolf, the Packers weren't just BAD, they didn't know how BAD they were - through out the franchise, top to bottom, and apparently had no idea how to fix it. Harlan's elevation to Team President saved the franchise in that he hired Wolf and Wolf gutted the place.
"They didn't know how bad they were...." Well that summarizes that inglorious period up well weeds. I was in college in the 70s and remember Walter Payton and the Refrigerator and Ditka carving up the Packers every week. (Was Ditka the coach in the 70s? I think so.) Now we have Rodgers yelling he owns the Bears. You can really appreciate that if you lived through the mess that was the Packers post-Lombardi and before Bob Harlan.

weeds

Fiber deprived old guy.
Reaction score
"They didn't know how bad they were...." Well that summarizes that inglorious period up well weeds. I was in college in the 70s and remember Walter Payton and the Refrigerator and Ditka carving up the Packers every week. (Was Ditka the coach in the 70s? I think so.) Now we have Rodgers yelling he owns the Bears. You can really appreciate that if you lived through the mess that was the Packers post-Lombardi and before Bob Harlan.
As I recall, the Bears had a big guy for a coach in the latter 70's. Abe something and Ditka rolled in like, in the early 80's? About the same time that Gregg was in GB.

Oh yeah... it was tough watching the fridge embarrass the Packer D - well more than they embarrassed themselves.

Heyjoe4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
As I recall, the Bears had a big guy for a coach in the latter 70's. Abe something and Ditka rolled in like, in the early 80's? About the same time that Gregg was in GB.

Oh yeah... it was tough watching the fridge embarrass the Packer D - well more than they embarrassed themselves.
Thanks for the reminder. I thought Ditka came in around 1980. And yeah, Abe something. Huge guy - was the coach in the 70s.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts