Favre is overrated

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.jsonline.com/story/index.aspx?id=689784

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio is the author of the new book, "The Paolantonio Report: The Most Overrated and Underrated Players, Teams, Coaches & Moments in NFL History." Here are his five most overrated quarterbacks of all-time:

1. Joe Namath: His legend has much more to do with his Super Bowl III performance and his prolific off-field antics than his career stats.

2. Brett Favre: His image in the media has been hyperinflated to the good ol' boy routine, and that's why people like him.

3. Terry Bradshaw: He was ultimately an average quarterback who was surrounded by the greatest cast of talent ever assembled on one NFL roster, including eight Hall of Fame players.

4. Ken Stabler: His only accomplishment was winning the 1976 Super Bowl where the Raiders mostly ran and the defense stifled Fran Tarkenton.

5. Tony Romo: He barely made the team, and after one season of play he became a full-fledged superstar without really accomplishing anything to deserve it.

I think I just threw up.

Yes. The QB who will hold every single passing record in history, who has a record 3 MVPs, who has been selected to 8 Pro Bowls, is overrated.

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think Sal has ever watched a Packers game. Everytime I see him on tv, he's either in New York or Philly.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:

ESPN's Sal Paolantonio is the author of the new book, "The Paolantonio Report: The Most Overrated and Underrated Players, Teams, Coaches & Moments in NFL History." Here are his five most overrated quarterbacks of all-time:

1. Joe Namath: His legend has much more to do with his Super Bowl III performance and his prolific off-field antics than his career stats.

2. Brett Favre: His image in the media has been hyperinflated to the good ol' boy routine, and that's why people like him.

3. Terry Bradshaw: He was ultimately an average quarterback who was surrounded by the greatest cast of talent ever assembled on one NFL roster, including eight Hall of Fame players.

4. Ken Stabler: His only accomplishment was winning the 1976 Super Bowl where the Raiders mostly ran and the defense stifled Fran Tarkenton.

5. Tony Romo: He barely made the team, and after one season of play he became a full-fledged superstar without really accomplishing anything to deserve it.

I think I just threw up.

Yes. The QB who will hold every single passing record in history, who has a record 3 MVPs, who has been selected to 8 Pro Bowls, is overrated.

Sal is a fraud, plain and simple.

It amazes me that jerks like this have jobs. If he had my job (or your job), he'd be fired for being an idiot.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This guy is a friggin' Philly MORON homer who probably thinks that Donovan McNabb is under-rated.

He's just another know nothing ********* who never played the game...

Pay no attention to him.

(Hey Sal, if McNabb is so great, why do the Eagles play WAY better with another QB in there running their offense? Garcia? Feeley? )

McNabb sucks.

When the pressures on, he's somewhere on the field puking into his own helmet! :shock:

Cowboysfan178

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How the f*ck is Romo one of the most over rated QBs of all time?! He's still got like 6 or 7 years left! Sal is a *******....

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How the f*ck is Romo one of the most over rated QBs of all time?! He's still got like 6 or 7 years left! Sal is a *******....
Hopefully 10 or more years if he stays healthy. Yeah, Sal's an idiot.

BayouCowboy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre isn't overrated. This year proves it more than any. He's done more with less than have other QBs. For this he's got my vote for MVP. His toughness and ability to make plays make him easily one of the best of all-time.

Sal makes stupid comments like Bradshaw had great players around him. Well didn't Montana have Rice, Taylor and Craig?

As for Romo, none of us Dallas fans are claiming he's one of the greatest, but the fact that in his 1st full season he's tied Dallas' single season TD record with 5 games to be played and will also shatter the season passing yardage record is pretty impressive. I also belive he's on pace for Dallas' best all-time QB rating.

stewart45

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yeah, i saw this on espn and it just confused me. Apparently sal has only been keepin track of the packers the past 3-4 years if he thinks favre is overrated. If favre is overrated for having 3 mvp's and a superbowl ring then Dan should be his #1 guy.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think putting Romo on that list is hilarious.He got rated over-rated before playing long enough to be rated in the first place.

"I am going to rate this guy overrated before he should be rated in the first place so that I will be the first guy to claim him overrated when it IS time for him to be rated."

He's screwed.

I mean the guys name doesn't belong anywhere near those other QB"s regardless of whether or not this guy thinks they're overrated. What has he done? Fumbled away the ONE playoff game he's played in?

He's got a hell of a LONG ways to go before he gets on a list with those guys.

As far as Favre goes what in the world is this guy thinking? I don't even care if he doesn't like HOW he plays the fact that he has played THAT MANY games in row should NEVER put him on a list like that.

He's played in four times as many games in A ROW as this bumf**k has articles written.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
As for Romo, none of us Dallas fans are claiming he's one of the greatest, but the fact that in his 1st full season he's tied Dallas' single season TD record with 5 games to be played and will also shatter the season passing yardage record is pretty impressive. I also belive he's on pace for Dallas' best all-time QB rating.

With the rules changes the past couple of years.. the game is set for the passing game to succeed... it has been altered that way for big numbers to be put up. Today's game the numbers are "watered" down for years past. Yes even Favre benefits from them.

I actually feel for DB and Safeties at times.. there are mickey mouse calls being made in pass coverage that would never have gotten flagged in years gone by. Advantage Offense in the rule books.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Brett Favre: His image in the media has been hyperinflated to the good ol' boy routine, and that's why people like him."

blasphemy... He'll smoke a turd in hell for that remark.

Seriously.

Bradshaw and Namath overated too? Superbowls mean nothing?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3 TIME MVP.

2 NFC Championship vicotries in 3 Games.

1 Super Bowl victory in 2 Super Bowl games.

Over 400 touchdowns and 60,000 passing yardage.

Only ONE losing season in his career as the starter.

At 38 he's having one of his best years.

Let Favre's records speak for themself.

DakotaT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
3 TIME MVP.

2 NFC Championship vicotries in 3 Games.

1 Super Bowl victory in 2 Super Bowl games.

Over 400 touchdowns and 60,000 passing yardage.

Only ONE losing season in his career as the starter.

At 38 he's having one of his best years.

Let Favre's records speak for themself.

How could you forget his greatest accomplishment: 240 whatever consecutive games = balls of steel! Sal is a putz.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ANY possibility of this clown EVER being taken seriously just got flushed down the toilet by his own obviously stupid comments.

As the old statement goes"I thought you were an idiot........then you opened your mouth, and removed any doubt".

Lare

Cheesehead
Reaction score
While I'll agree that Favre has been over-hyped, that is the fault of the media that over-hypes him. You know, the people like Sal Paolantonio.

As to over-rated, I guess I'd go with the opinions of all the players, coaches and GMs in the NFL long before I'd go with that of someone in the media. Hey Sal, why don't you ask all the people on the teams that Green Bay has beat this year if they agree with you that Brett is over-rated.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:

I think I just threw up.

Sal Shitantonio has been proven an idiot in this very website already, when he claimed Barry Sanders rode the coatails of HoF talent such as Herman Moore.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Step #1 Get "famous" job in the media (I never heard of the guy)

Step #2 Abuse fame by making inflammatory remarks guaranteed to incite discussion which includes your name (making you famouser?)

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:

I think I just threw up.

Sal Shitantonio has been proven an idiot in this very website already, when he claimed Barry Sanders rode the coatails of HoF talent such as Herman Moore.

He dogged Barry Sanders as well? I hope this moron didn't breed. We don't need more people pissing in the gene pool.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
Zero2Cool said:
Yared-Yam said:

I think I just threw up.

He dogged Barry Sanders as well? I hope this moron didn't breed. We don't need more people pissing in the gene pool.

http://packerforum.com/index.php?name=Forums&file=viewtopic&t=12523

lol - bro u posted in the thread too!!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts