Favre Interview

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, the Favre interview on FOX is over. What did you think?

I guess I'll start. I thought it was a good interview. The part that I'm not clear on, though, is when he said that McCarthy told him on June 20th that he did not have to make a retirement decision so early, and he could have waited until training camp. I would like to hear what McCarthy has to say about that.

Favre was mostly not critical of management, but he did imply that they could have been more straight with him.

The bottom line is that he should be traded or released so he can play football. I'm glad Favre pretty much squashed the scenario where he would be the backup.

fondypackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The interview or half the interview was a joke. Did he even mention when he changed his mind the first time had the Packers ready to bring him back only to change his mind again. Nothing like spending basically your whole career with one team and throwing the organization under a bus and putting them in an impossible situation. I'm a huge or was a huge Brett Favre fan but he has lost a ton of respect in the last few weeks. On a positive note atleast he finally spoke for himself.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He still never said he would be 100% committed and she didn't ask.
Would he decide to retire again 3 weeks into training camp because he decided he just didn't have anything left to give. All that remains unsaid.

This sounded like the beginning of some serious **** throwing.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really don't know what to think. One minute I believe him--another minute I don't. However for the most part, I do tend to side with Bret.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Would he decide to retire again 3 weeks into training camp because he decided he just didn't have anything left to give. All that remains unsaid.

I think he did answer if he was 100% Commited when he said that if he wasn't he would never step foot on the field. So if hec wants to come back, I assume he's 100% commited per his own words.

OP
OP
G

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I agree that he still did not sound 100% committed. That's one reason I think the Packers need to move on. He didn't give the impression of having a burning desire to play. It was more like an itch, and he even used that word himself.

I'm not sure how bad this whole thing will get. I suspect that Thompson is just stalling right now so he can work out a trade, and that could happen very quickly. When and if it does, there will be some ill will, but hopefully at that point things would at least begin to calm down.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1-0 Brett.

Right or Wrong about what has been going on here and how he tells it.... He sold himself in this interview to the "Target" audience he was targeting. This was like a presidential campaign commercial.

He was targeting the GREEN BAY PACKERS ORGANIZATION and lobbying to his following for his out right release, which is an opportunity to play in the NFC NORTH. There is no doubt about it in my opinion. His best opportunity is in the NFC NORTH.

Brett is brilliant. He can sell anything. Trust me I know a great sales person when I see them.

He is better at selling, than he is at throwing a ball on a rope 35 yards down field, and that is saying something about his selling ability.

There is a reason that he has endorsements to sell so many products to so many demographics in the selling and advertising industry.

The score is Brett - 1 Packers - 0

In the public relations war between the Packers and Brett after this interview.

Gotta run... Look forward to reading this thread later.

R.P.

Yared-Yam

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's pretty absurd to me that he needed to be interviewed by GRETA VAN SUSTEREN....

If you want football, go to Greta for your fix. Seriously Brett, you suck.

b_mckendry

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett came out and told the public how he felt about things. Now the cards are back in the Packers hands after Brett writes his reinstatment letter. My prediction is that he will come to training camp and beat out Rodgers.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yeah I don't think I can watch this. Remember how he strung along the audience for David Letterman before when he retired. I know he has so much heart and passion for the game, but like it is concerning how the Packer management feels, it is now a time when actions speak louder than words. If Brett wants to play, then he can apply for reinstatement. Let the fun begin!

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yared-Yam said:
It's pretty absurd to me that he needed to be interviewed by GRETA VAN SUSTEREN....

If you want football, go to Greta for your fix. Seriously Brett, you suck.

Are you serious? Wh does it matter who he is interviewed by?

tano1998

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This situation sucks...and doesn't help anyone, and it looks like is a point of no return....
:twisted:

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
1-0 Brett.

Right or Wrong about what has been going on here and how he tells it.... He sold himself in this interview to the "Target" audience he was targeting. This was like a presidential campaign commercial.

He was targeting the GREEN BAY PACKERS ORGANIZATION and lobbying to his following for his out right release, which is an opportunity to play in the NFC NORTH. There is no doubt about it in my opinion. His best opportunity is in the NFC NORTH.

Brett is brilliant. He can sell anything. Trust me I know a great sales person when I see them.

He is better at selling, than he is at throwing a ball on a rope 35 yards down field, and that is saying something about his selling ability.

There is a reason that he has endorsements to sell so many products to so many demographics in the selling and advertising industry.

R.P.

Kind of shocking i know but i agree 100 percent with you. He has forced them to release him. They really have no other option.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Watching this video I think I just can't understand certain things because I am not a football player. I just don't see what is so unreasonable about wanting a decision pre-draft. I know how great he is but man I just cannot imagine being a player and not going with the team on that I mean there is a freaking team to build constantly year after year. I love this guy but a trade is indeed for the best.

fondypackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Waiting to ask to come back until June 20th and then publicly asking for his release leads me to believe that he really doesn't even want to come back. Poor Brett's feelings are hurt because Wisconsin has moved on get him out of here as long as its not in the NFC.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Raider Pride said:
1-0 Brett.

R.P.

Kind of shocking i know but i agree 100 percent with you. He has forced them to release him. They really have no other option.

They can go with any option they want. If they don't want to release him, they don't have to. Brett doesn't always get what Brett wants.

Arles

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's interesting is that he still hasn't said that he's 100% committed right now. He kept saying "if" when talking about his commitment. He could have put on the full court pressure on the GB organization by saying this:

"I'm 100% committed to being the starting quarterback for Green Bay right now. If they accept me in camp, I will be ready to lead this team to the Super Bowl."

If he says that, GB is done and have to take him back. All this "I'd like the chance" and "if I'm committed" and "I have SOME of the fire back" tells me GB made the right decision in sticking with Rodgers.

If Favre came back to GB as the starter, I'd bet that he ends up retiring before game 1 citing he just wasn't fully committed - or he ends up having a tough season because he told himself he was committed when he really wasn't.

fondypackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Things I found interesting.

"I was told playing in Green Bay was NOT an option."

According to Brett... NBC 26 in GB played a clip of a reporter from Appleton asking for an interview and his response was something along the lines of Ted and Mike do all the interviews. He really sounds extremely bitter about everything and thats its too bad because he made the choice and the Packers chose to move on. This really can't end well but he sure has done a great job of crapping on his current/former team.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I find it interesting to considering TT just said he can compete for the starting role, or be a backup, or [enter some damage control statement]

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

And what does he mean 'playing.' Because they said he can be a backup. Maybe Favre doesn't see backing up and playing as the same thing. So far...I fail to see how the team has lied.

They welcomed him back, but not as a starting qb. Maybe he meant "I was told starting in green bay was not an option." and to Favre that is one in the same, the guy hasnt been a backup in like 30 ****** years. So...what did he mean there.

It depends on what your definition of "is" is.

nathaniel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackOne said:

According to Brett... NBC 26 in GB played a clip of a reporter from Appleton asking for an interview and his response was something along the lines of Ted and Mike do all the interviews. He really sounds extremely bitter about everything and thats its too bad because he made the choice and the Packers chose to move on. This really can't end well but he sure has done a great job of crapping on his current/former team.

TT had the one press conference, and Favre has now had this one interview. It wasn't a press conference, by the way. It was an interview with a bunch of softball questions lobbed at him.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackOne said:

And what does he mean 'playing.' Because they said he can be a backup. Maybe Favre doesn't see backing up and playing as the same thing. So far...I fail to see how the team has lied.

They welcomed him back, but not as a starting qb. Maybe he meant "I was told starting in green bay was not an option." and to Favre that is one in the same, the guy hasnt been a backup in like 30 ****** years. So...what did he mean there.

It depends on what your definition of "is" is.

Ummmm, that statement was told to Brett by MM. Yet Ted told the fans he was welcomed back as a backup. I am glad I could help you figure out the team lied. Thanks

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That was the one line I had not heard yet. Puts the subject to rest if it was true.

No side on this one. Observation only.

Members online

Latest posts