Favre interview

Hammer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I saw part of a crawler on ESPN this morning about a Favre interview. Anybody else catch this? I didn't have time to wait for it to recycle.
Hammer

Miskito

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think he blew off the local radio station here in Chicago (670am) to talk to Dan Patrick today. The reason they gave was that he said he had a family emergency. I don't know how true that was, but I did hear it from the station.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, he doesn't need another emergency. That poor guy has had enough to deal with in the past two years. I certainly hope that whatever it was was fixable.

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He had an interview on Sportscenter tonight. I think it was also on Football tonight. It was pretty much just talking about the Packer hold outs and they also asked him how close he came to retireing last year after he found out about his wife having breast cancer. They actually interviewed him today at the site of a Toothpaste comercial. The ESPN reporter said that they found one spot in Favre's life where he wasn't tough. His teath. LOL

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
i was dissapointed I miss this interview on the espn radio, i tried to make it a point to get out of work on time so i could listen but didn't work out that way

any audio/video available or not even worth it??

mkapp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre looking forward to football

By Todd Korth , [email protected]
Date: Jul 13, 2005

Brett Favre says he still loves to play the game of football. On Tuesday, he again strongly hinted that he plans to play for Green Bay beyond the 2005 season as long as the Packers want him. The future Hall of Fame quarterback was interviewed on ESPN while he was in New York to help promote

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
i was dissapointed I miss this interview on the espn radio, i tried to make it a point to get out of work on time so i could listen but didn't work out that way

any audio/video available or not even worth it??

Ryan said:
Core said:
Anyone know if the interview is in text somewhere? If not, then what did Favre have to say to the upcomming season?

ESPN Motion
Click on "Sports Highlights and News" then on "NFL".

There are two Favre interviews in the list "Brett Favre looks forward to new season" and "Favre on the Rosenhaus strategy"

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Much thanks for the article and the quotes, mcapp. Favre is plain-spoken as always. I think he did a good job explaining himself in regards to the Javon Walker situation. Overall, it sounds like he has a really good perspective on the game and what it means to him.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
mkapp said:
Favre looking forward to football

By Todd Korth , [email protected]
Date: Jul 13, 2005

Brett Favre says he still loves to play the game of football. On Tuesday, he again strongly hinted that he plans to play for Green Bay beyond the 2005 season as long as the Packers want him. The future Hall of Fame quarterback was interviewed on ESPN while he was in New York to help promote

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thank you much Mkapp for posting that article. It was great. PackerChick, I hope it is a few more years down the road before Favre leaves us.

ArizonaPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre said:
People say, 'Well, it's easy for you to say, Brett. You've made your money and you make a lot of money.' But I've always earned it. If I ever had an issue, I would always address it behind the scenes. I think that's the way to do it. I went to the Pro Bowl my first year in Green Bay; I didn't go in and ask for a new contract. I played the next two years under my existing contract. Whether I'm right or wrong, it's my opinion. I'd love to have Javon in camp. He's critical to our success."

Well Brett, I for one think your opinion is right on the money. Too bad more athletes didn't think this way.

Gotta love the guy. On the field, and times like these off the field. Thanks Brett for saying what most of us feel.

carol k

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hope not for a long time. After all Dan Marino was 38 when he retired. So, Favre could have at least two-three more good years.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
carol k said:
I hope not for a long time. After all Dan Marino was 38 when he retired. So, Favre could have at least two-three more good years.
Are you trying to say Marino was good at 35,36 and 37? I thought he was pretty medicore. Giving those knees who could do much better though huh

ArizonaPackerFan said:
It sounds like Brett must have struck a nerve with Rosenhaus, as now Drew wants to talk to Brett to explain the situation. Maybe Drew is worried his client is losing in the court of public opinion where Favre holds more clout. Give 'em hell for us Brett! :D

http://www.jsonline.com/packer/news/jul05/340885.asp
I hope Brett doesn't give him the time of day. That'd really make Rosenhaus spazz out, even more than he did during that ESPN clip.

leopardmech said:
Chick you don't need to quote the whole article.

Instead of telling her what not to do, lets advise her what to do :)

P-Chick, I think he's eluding to if you wanna reply directly to someone, jus quote their added text maybe that'd keep ppl off yer back

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SlickVision said:
P-Chick, I think he's eluding to if you wanna reply directly to someone, jus quote their added text maybe that'd keep ppl off yer back

no..he was saying she didn't need to quote the entire article in order to reply to it. check the last post on the first page.

PackerTraxx

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I really like Brett's comments, it shows his maturity and experience in the league. I sure hope Javon takes to heart what Brett says and becomes a man. If Javon gets his head on straight he can become a legend in GB. Or he can go the other route and be like TO who nobody has much use or respect for.

PackerChick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
leopardmech said:
Chick you don't need to quote the whole article.

SlickVision said:
Instead of telling her what not to do, lets advise her what to do :)

OK I got the message. Glad to hear it.

Members online

Latest posts