Favre interview part 3:

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
There will be more tonight , and tomorrow:

http://gretawire.foxnews.com/2008/07/15/gretawire-note-bret-favre/

We have showed you two parts of our interview with Green Bay Packer Brett Favre…but we spent much more time with him. (We taped about 40 minutes.) We will post here - on GretaWire - the rest of the interview that you have not seen ON THE RECORD. I expect we will post the rest tomorrow…

UPDATE - (Wed)…the entire interview won’t get posted here until tomorrow…but we are looking at airing more of this interview tonight that you have not seen …

djcubez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yea I remember reading at PFT that the part where Brett slams TT was taken out last night. I guess this is how they're gonna air it...

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would say that someone decided that the first two parts didnt accomplish what they were supposed to.

Hmm..perhaps this isn't working as planned?

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duh everytime Brett pushes the fans will slowly start pushing back. Something we appreciated about our old ahhh shucky geee qb was his quietness.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Duh everytime Brett pushes the fans will slowly start pushing back. Something we appreciated about our old ahhh shucky geee qb was his quietness.
More specifically, we always appreciated him for being a good soldier. He was the leader of the team on the field and in the locker room, but he was willing to defer to the coaches and the GM. He knew his role. Well, not anymore. And I now wonder if he was doing a lot more behind-the-scenes campaigning than we ever suspected.

JbShell

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SO True Greg. I have deducted that this is all calculated. Look at the totallity of the situation. Bus Cook has been out shopping Favre for the last 4 years. Ever since Bretts father passed away Brett has been like a boat in the white water just going no where but where the water pushes him. He has no rudder. Brett may be the type of man that requires a leader in his personal life. A guidepost so to speak. He tends to surround himself with strong personalities as close friends. ie bus cook, certain sports writers. so who knows.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SO True Greg. I have deducted that this is all calculated. Look at the totallity of the situation. Bus Cook has been out shopping Favre for the last 4 years. Ever since Bretts father passed away Brett has been like a boat in the white water just going no where but where the water pushes him. He has no rudder. Brett may be the type of man that requires a leader in his personal life. A guidepost so to speak. He tends to surround himself with strong personalities as close friends. ie bus cook, certain sports writers. so who knows.

Sure. He's human.

And Brett Favre isn't entitled to have flaws? My God. The guy gave a sorry franchise 14 winning seasons and one 8-8 season.

I will always look back at the Brett Favre years fondly. Yes, this offseason, he's done a lot of stupid things. But a lot of you are ready to throw him under the bus. It's not like he was dealing codeine or anything.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score

I think you may be onto something here. Michael Jordan also became uncertain in his decision-making after his father died. (Two retirements followed by two comebacks.) It can be hard when somebody loses the person they most wanted to impress.

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:

I think you may be onto something here. Michael Jordan also became uncertain in his decision-making after his father died. (Two retirements followed by two comebacks.) It can be hard when somebody loses the person they most wanted to impress.

i lost my dad almost 3 years ago - my life, outlook, choices, decisions, & just about everything has changed. it was like an awakening when he died. he was MY iron man & to watch him slowly die of cancer, lose all the weight, his hair, his muscles, & strength forever changed me. i felt the pressure of being the "one" to hold the family together. it's a HUGE role to attempt to step into when you're only 36 years old AND i'm a girl - even MORE difficult because i couldn't do everything my dad could do. i'm telling you - it's a life altering event for those left behind when the icon of the family dies.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
JbShell said:

i lost my dad almost 3 years ago - my life, outlook, choices, decisions, & just about everything has changed. it was like an awakening when he died. he was MY iron man & to watch him slowly die of cancer, lose all the weight, his hair, his muscles, & strength forever changed me. i felt the pressure of being the "one" to hold the family together. it's a HUGE role to attempt to step into when you're only 36 years old AND i'm a girl - even MORE difficult because i couldn't do everything my dad could do. i'm telling you - it's a life altering event for those left behind when the icon of the family dies.
My mom died when I was in my early 20s, and it's probably no coincidence that I then spent a lot of years just
sort of bouncing around from one thing to another. It was the right thing to do, and I don't regret it, but I bet if my mom had lived I would have settled into a career of some kind much sooner than I did. So it's easy for me to see how such things can affect athletes.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ladies and gentlemen....It's the Brett Favre network. All Brettt all the time. And now for the man who needs no introducion our host.....BRETT FAVRE!!!
:joy: :bang: :jumpsmile: :joy:
:joy: :towel: :joy: :jumpsmile:
:jumpsmile: :towel: :joy: :towel: :joy:
:bang: :jumpsmile: :towel: :joy:

gotarace27

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If this post was on paper i would wipe with it.....LMAO

joe_smoe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TT is a liar, and a snake in the grass....HE is a cancer and stuck on his draft pics....we need ron wolf back...and holmgren

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
joe_smoe said:
TT is a liar, and a snake in the grass....HE is a cancer and stuck on his draft pics....we need ron wolf back...and holmgren

Agree,Agree,Agree,Agree and Agree

boiga

Cheesehead
Reaction score
joe_smoe said:
Seriously? Don't you think Holmgren would have kicked Brett's *** by now?

And can you imagine him trying to convince Ron Wolf about who he should keep on the roster?

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
joe_smoe said:

Cmon. At least try and make a good point. Now you're just bashing our coach who led us to a 13-3 season? You want Holmgren, who will probably retire after this next year. Smart. You want Wolf, who has been retired and out of the league for years. Smart.

GET ON THE HORN TT.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
joe_smoe said:
:rotflmao:

Good one. At first I thought you might be serious.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm not throwing Favre under the bus (you know, like Favre is the Packer organization). I LOVE the guy. But plain and simple, he did this to himself. He should stop blaming everyone else, and if he REALLY wanted his job back, come in and compete for it! What has he got to lose? If he's confident in his abilities, shouldn't he be able to zip right past Rodgers? So whats the problem here?
Problem is: He thinks he shouldn't have to do that. He's above having to actually compete for a job he himself gave up. That just floors me.
I love him, but disagree with him.
I will NEVER forget how he played here. He was a blast to watch, and made it fun again to be a Packer fan. I still have several of his pictures on my walls. They will remain there.

PackerFreak

Cheesehead
Reaction score
joe_smoe said:

Cmon. At least try and make a good point. Now you're just bashing our coach who led us to a 13-3 season? You want Holmgren, who will probably retire after this next year. Smart. You want Wolf, who has been retired and out of the league for years. Smart.

GET ON THE HORN TT.
TT isnt our coach. Thank God. I wish Mike, Ted, and Brett could just sit down have a friggin beer and hammer this thing out like men, instead of all this he said, she said bull. Get er done boys and lets play some ball.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
ElleBlue said:
tromadz said:
Jesus Christ, is this a 7 parter?

Oh Brett...

Yes! :lol: Our daily dose of Brett!

He should have his own show. :D

Show? Why would he need his own show when he has his own station, ESPN.

:lol: :lol: :lol: That was good! What I was wondering is, why doesn't he go into announcing or commentating? Then he can still be in the spotlight with Troy Aikman and Boomer.

Members online

Latest posts