Favre Interview at end of the game.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:
I truly IMO think Brett will be back, it was an emotional interview at the end of the game made me think twice about if he would return or not...but after thinking and reading somethings I do believe he will be back unless his surgery goes poorly, but what I understand its a very routine surgery so he should be okay...why would he give up now?? You could tell he loves the game so much, he would very much miss football if he retires, and he knows once he makes up his mind up to retire there is no looking back..I say he comes back,,,

I'm thinking the same thing. He loves the game too much to quit. I think we all know he still has it. When he no longer has it - the ability to make those tight throws and the ability to shake off that first would be sacker, then he'll hang it up. I say at least one more year, more likely two.

Wait a minute..

I thought he was a "gunslinger who was losing his accuracy and his arm strength"...???

(Now where did I hear that..?)

Oh yeah.....Wasn't that the common thinking around here not too long ago...? :wink:

(Just goes to show..you never can tell. Lots of factors involved...)

He has lost some arm strength and accuracy. Does that mean he is worse than any other option the Packers have? No.

He gives the Packers the best chance to win and to attract FA. Just my opinion.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Zombieslayer said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:
I truly IMO think Brett will be back, it was an emotional interview at the end of the game made me think twice about if he would return or not...but after thinking and reading somethings I do believe he will be back unless his surgery goes poorly, but what I understand its a very routine surgery so he should be okay...why would he give up now?? You could tell he loves the game so much, he would very much miss football if he retires, and he knows once he makes up his mind up to retire there is no looking back..I say he comes back,,,

I'm thinking the same thing. He loves the game too much to quit. I think we all know he still has it. When he no longer has it - the ability to make those tight throws and the ability to shake off that first would be sacker, then he'll hang it up. I say at least one more year, more likely two.

Wait a minute..

I thought he was a "gunslinger who was losing his accuracy and his arm strength"...???

(Now where did I hear that..?)

Oh yeah.....Wasn't that the common thinking around here not too long ago...? :wink:

(Just goes to show..you never can tell. Lots of factors involved...)

He has lost some arm strength and accuracy. Does that mean he is worse than any other option the Packers have? No.

He gives the Packers the best chance to win and to attract FA. Just my opinion.

My point was that he really hasn't "lost" arm strength and accuracy....

I think it's a fallacy....

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
As do many other Packer "fans", NFL people like Troy Aikman, Phil Simms, and Steve Young, and many, many other people in the business who know....

(except for a small, misguided, fringe contingent of Packer "fans" for some unknown reason.)

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Troy Aikman, Phil Simms, Steve Young, and those people don't watch every Packers game.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
From the 90's to today is his arm strength the same?

It might have went from a 100 mph fast ball to a 92

And if thats the case big deal??

I think what Aikman, Young and the rest mean is that he still has a powerfull arm and CAN bring the heat...

as far as being accurate?

2006 was his lowest comp percentage..

Does that mean its slipping? maybe, or maybe that the wr dropped to many balls too..but it is interesting..

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

P@ck I understand how you and others may feel that way and it doesn't bother me.
Personally I don't think he has lost anything as far as accuracy goes but I don't see how a 37 yr old man is going to have the exact same arm strength as a 25-28 yr old man. I know pros are atypical and the normal rules of an aging body don't apply to them. Nevertheless, I have seen him underthrow his receivers when they are in a fly pattern down the sideline a lot more often in the past couple of years than he did in years 3-7. Some of the thime no doubt it is a communication problem between him and the receiver, the wind and weather are factors other times. Pressure from the defense and his OL's ability to give him time and room to throw also contributes as well. But at least a little bit of it has to be attributed to his arm. (And as I said I think it is more than just a little bit.)

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I should have he said.."He hasn't lost much arm strength"...

Perhaps some..(but not so much that it really matters anyway), as some people would have you believe.....(that was my point..)

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

Perhaps some..(but not so much that it really matters anyway), as some people would have you believe.....(that was my point..)

I think everyone would agree with that

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

You know maybe the discussion shouldn't be how much strength has Brett lost but how much does he still have? If he still has a 92 MPH fast ball that's still pretty good as long as he doesn't think it isa 100 one.
He threw some bullets on the slant passes over the middle in the Chicago game. I prefer him to go to the short and middle routes.

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
oh good I am out of my yellow period. I wonder what I did to make my post look like that?

wpr

Cheesehead
Reaction score
wpr said:
oh good I am out of my yellow period. I wonder what I did to make my post look like that?

maybe edit the post ??

yeah I went back to edit it and I still had probelems with it so I am just going to ignore it and it will go away as soon as this thread dies out.

After al I should be working and not editing a post anyway. :rotflmao:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
longtimefan said:
wpr said:

maybe edit the post ??

yeah I went back to edit it and I still had probelems with it so I am just going to ignore it and it will go away as soon as this thread dies out.

After al I should be working and not editing a post anyway. :rotflmao:

No edit this one, its the last post before the frames got all wierd..maybe edit the font style or something, or the color?

P@ck I understand how you and others may feel that way and it doesn't bother me.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:

What Favre brings as far as understanding what's going on across the line when he is under center far outways any arm strengh issues. He's not asked to throw 20+ yard sideline passes anymore in this offense anyhow.

When he has to let it go between coverages he can get it there as fast as anyone out there.

He does miss a few more a game than he used to but he see's what's going on with the defense and knows what to call as well as anyone in the game.

As far as the interview goes Favre see's the end and knows he's going to miss it regardless of if that's this year or next.

Too me it's like bringing up a lost loved one and the reality of it is emotional for him regardless of when it actually happens. What I see when this happens is a guy who wishes more than anything in his heart of hearts that he was 30 years old again and it's hard for him to go there.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
favre has lost alittle bit of accuracy and power but i dont think its as bad as we think it is.

favre really only has one good recivers and the other recivers are rookies or just can catch the ball. their have been many times when balls where their where dropped passes(one of the reasons our red zone o is not good).

give favre at least one more good reciver and i guarantee his numbers will be alot better(comp %, and tds).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts