Favre in good shape/Boe making plays

Cheesehead4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sounds like Favre is in good shape and is picking up the offense nicely.

http://www.packersnews.com/archives/new ... 3898.shtml

I also read that Favre hit Boerighter with 4 passes. Could Boerighter be the sleeper 2nd WR? Apparently he's giving it his all. While Gardner has been limited in practices and decided not to show up for the OTA, Boerighter has taken the opportunity to step up and make plays. I know once Favre gets comfortable throwing the ball his way, it will be hard to keep Boe off the field. Could be a very interesting TC.

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I wonder how many recievers will make the roster. Lets see, there is Driver, Gardner, Ferguson, Jennings, Boerighter, Lucas, Rogers, Calvin Russell, Leo Bookman, Chris Francies, Ruvell Martin, and Vince Butler,

That is 12. It is rather early but I would assume Francies, Russell, and Butler don't have too much of a chance. I remember reading good things about Ruvell Martin but he doesn't seem too likely. Bookman has been making some good plays in practice but his chances at making the roster depend on kick returning ability, I wouldn't think Bookman and Rogers would both make the roster as they are both there to compete for kick returning. Lucas performed very well in Europe but will that translate to the NFL.

As for who will end up on the roster Driver will have the number one for sure. Gardner I would think has the inside track on the number 2. Ferguson, Jennings, and Boerighter will battle for the number three spot with an outside chance of Chad Lucas taking one of them out. I think last year they carried 5 recievers on the 53 man roster? It should be a very competitive battle for the last couple of reciever spots.

OP
OP
C

Cheesehead4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Driver, Gardner, Ferguson, Jennings, Boerighter and maybe Calvin Russell or Leo Bookman make it aswell.

And the likes of Lucas, Rogers,Chris Francies, Ruvell Martin, and Vince Butler get cut or put on the PS IMO.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A fan who saw practice posted elsewhere that Boerigter and Ferguson looked very good. Rodgers not so good. Jennings made a difficult catch in traffic. David Martin not so good.

This person was very suprised/impressed with how well rookie free agent Tra Boger (Safety #24) looked making plays on defense.
Hawkins did not look so good.

With minimal contact it appears the passing game is being worked on and not much to report on linemen, linebackers etc.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I keep hearing good things about Tra Booger(the son of the NFL ref).

I've got my eye on him.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to judge guys without pads on. A lot of guys could go out there and catch the ball. Judgement Day is in Training Camp.

With that said, it is a breath of fresh hair to see Fergy and Boerigter at least making some chemistry with Favre.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts