Favre hasn't filed paperwork

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks for your complements everyone! You guys are mint!

Longtime Packer Fan, did Brett really drink Miller Lite? That's what I drink, when I drink a lite beer.

mkapp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Brett enjoys playing games with people. He's a known prankster. For as simple as it is to sign some stupid papers that make it official, he may be just playing with all of us. One day, we'll all hear the true stories about Brett, Mike and Ted. Just as I wouldn't be surprised that they truly respect each other and there was nothing to conspiracy theories, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that they didn't get along and that Brett retired because he didn't think the team did enough to surround him with good players. In other words, we'll never really know until someone talks and I think this is a very sensitive time in the lives of all of those people. For as much as I think Brett truly wanted to retire. (he's talked about it for years) I still think it was hard for him to pull the plug and I have no doubt that there are times he may wonder if he did the right thing.

It wouldnt surprise me if he filled out the paperwork and submitted it with someone elses info.

mkapp

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Looks like this is getting more attention...

Sportline Article

Could celebrated quarterback Brett Favre be having second thoughts about playing again?

Three weeks after the league's only three-time MVP announced he had hung up his cleats, Favre had yet to make the retirement official by filing papers with the league office.

Favre's agent, Bus Cook, told the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel that he was unaware of where Favre stood with getting the paperwork done.

Once the retirement is finalized, the Packers will clear a whopping $11.4 million in salary-cap room this year for not having Favre on the books. Since the club already is well-heeled by having more than $20 million under the cap, general manager Ted Thompson isn't holding his breath for Favre to tie up the loose ends.

"We don't need the cap room," Thompson told the Journal Sentinel.

Although Favre said he was through playing during an emotional press conference March 6 at Lambeau Field, having a change of heart wouldn't be unprecedented. Former teammate Reggie White came back to play after retiring not once, but twice. Other prominent sports figures - including Michael Jordan in basketball and Jerry Rice in football - also couldn't resist the urge to return to action after they left for a short time.

Still, the Packers aren't counting on Favre to do an about-face in the next few months leading into training camp in late July. Aaron Rodgers, who was groomed to be Favre's successor after being taken in the first round of the 2005 draft, assumed the lead reins at the start of the offseason workout program March 17.

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
A lot of players take their time in filing their retirement papers...I don't see Favre making a 180 on his decision. If he does, we'll all see a different side of Aaron Rodgers I would imagine. He'd want out of GB in a New York minute. He's been told that it's his team now so he's mentally preparing for it as we speak.

I'm excited for the new era albeit a little sad at the same time.

Members online

Latest posts