Favre hasn't filed paperwork

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The term originated from the state of minor-league fields that often were ringed with shrubs and bushes.

The phrase sounds similar to the NASCAR Busch Series (name changed to Nationwide Series as of 2008 season), sometimes known as the "Busch League", since it is essentially NASCAR's minor league circuit. However, popular usage far predates the creation of this organization.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
it is compelling evidence against me, but i simply can't rely on wikipedia for any type of reliable evidence. i can go to wikipedia right now and write an article about the validity of "Busch" League and the incorrect application of the term "Bush" Leauge, but that doesn't make me correct. Example -->

"Wikipedia. Is the best thing ever. Anyone, in the world, can write anything they want about any subject. So you know you are getting the best possible information."
-Michael Scott, from The Office

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
so, it's very very very possible that packone (and trom... and everyone else) is right, and I'm wrong. but wikipedia is not the conclusive word on the subject.

pack_in_black

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm gonna have to go ahead and....... disagree with ya, there, Bozz. Being a baseball fan, I know that this phrase was born out of that sport. NASCAR is not the hotbed of intellectual creativity that only its fans believe it to be..... :shock:

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
it is compelling evidence against me, but i simply can't rely on wikipedia for any type of reliable evidence. i can go to wikipedia right now and write an article about the validity of "Busch" League and the incorrect application of the term "Bush" Leauge, but that doesn't make me correct. Example -->

"Wikipedia. Is the best thing ever. Anyone, in the world, can write anything they want about any subject. So you know you are getting the best possible information."

They also have a team of people verifying contents...While it might take a day or so, it will be verified and corrected if wrong..

At least for MOST things that is how it works

packedhouse01

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think Brett enjoys playing games with people. He's a known prankster. For as simple as it is to sign some stupid papers that make it official, he may be just playing with all of us. One day, we'll all hear the true stories about Brett, Mike and Ted. Just as I wouldn't be surprised that they truly respect each other and there was nothing to conspiracy theories, I wouldn't be surprised to hear that they didn't get along and that Brett retired because he didn't think the team did enough to surround him with good players. In other words, we'll never really know until someone talks and I think this is a very sensitive time in the lives of all of those people. For as much as I think Brett truly wanted to retire. (he's talked about it for years) I still think it was hard for him to pull the plug and I have no doubt that there are times he may wonder if he did the right thing.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

It depends. Subjects that have less people visiting them are less likely to be corrected.

Go right now to a popular band's page (say someone like My Chemical Romance) and edit the page so there are some things that are incorrect. I bet it won't even last 15 minutes.

Some guy did something like this on tv and they not only fixed it within 10 minutes, they banned his account. Wikipedia is quite possibly the best thing on the internet.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

It depends. Subjects that have less people visiting them are less likely to be corrected.

Go right now to a popular band's page (say someone like My Chemical Romance) and edit the page so there are some things that are incorrect. I bet it won't even last 15 minutes.

Some guy did something like this on tv and they not only fixed it within 10 minutes, they banned his account. Wikipedia is quite possibly the best thing on the internet.

According to Michael Scott, it is not quite possibly the best thing on the internet, but in fact, the best thing ever

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
According to Michael Scott, it is not quite possibly the best thing on the internet, but in fact, the best thing ever

Well then, this guy is a nutcase. I'd take fire, the wheel, and the noodle over wikipedia.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett, put the gun and beer down, climb out of the tractor for 5 minutes, sign the papers, then commence the drinking and killing.

Is it asking too much?

Hey Trom! This should make you happy! :lol:

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Brett, put the gun and beer down, climb out of the tractor for 5 minutes, sign the papers, then commence the drinking and killing.

Is it asking too much?

LOL!!!! Awesome!!!!

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
so, it's very very very possible that packone (and trom... and everyone else) is right, and I'm wrong. but wikipedia is not the conclusive word on the subject.

You're one of those guys who uses wikipedia all the time, but when it says something you don't like, you question its legitimacy.

I'm one of those guys too.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

You're one of those guys who uses wikipedia all the time, but when it says something you don't like, you question its legitimacy.

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

PackinSteel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
bozz_2006 said:

Everything I say is fully substantiated by my own opinion.

You guys crack me up!

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
ElleBlue said:
tromadz said:

Is it asking too much?

LOL!!!! Awesome!!!!

I must say, if Brett was going to drink (even though he wouldn't), for this topic's sake, it should be a Busch Light, not bud! :p :p :lol: :lol: 8) 8)

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Sorry Pack&BrettCrazed4,

Bud light was the only thing I could find on the clip art sites I subscribe to. I heard somewhere that Brett hasn't drank in almost ten years. If it's true, good for him!

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Pack&BrettCrazed4 said:
ElleBlue said:
tromadz said:

Is it asking too much?

LOL!!!! Awesome!!!!

I must say, if Brett was going to drink (even though he wouldn't), for this topic's sake, it should be a Busch Light, not bud! :p :p :lol: :lol: 8) 8)

Sarah, check your history ;)

It was Miller Lite

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
tromadz said:

Is it asking too much?

Excellent.. another photoshopper to the PF.. now for the mandatory altered Cheesy pic needs to be added in the attrium to the many faces of Cheesey thread..