Favre has been officially removed

c_mac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The official Packers website has removed Favre's name from the roster and the depth chart. Its not a surprise, it was going to happen at some point, but it just weird not to see him listed anymore. For me its kind of like the final nail in the coffin that Favre really is done. I'm quite sad about it actually.

ElleBlue

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Me too! I guess that means no more articles, stats and photos of Favre's great plays. I'm really glad I had checked it out recently. The man is legend! He should be in there just because he's him.

On my Rangers websites, one can still find tons of stuff on Messier and Gretzky and they retired four or five years ago.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Me too! I guess that means no more articles, stats and photos of Favre's great plays. I'm really glad I had checked it out recently. The man is legend! He should be in there just because he's him.

On my Rangers websites, one can still find tons of stuff on Messier and Gretzky and they retired four or five years ago.

They only removed him from the active roster.. believe me, Favre will be part of the Packer web site for a long while.

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
According to Tromadz, you all won't be packer fans if your sad about Favre. Man that pissed me off :x

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My sources (And they are good sources) told me....

There was a delay in deleting Brett as a player From The Official Packer Fan Site since Brett's retirement because T.T. insisted on being the person who would click the delete button for Brett as a player.

I understand that T.T. wanted to personally "Delete Brett." from the official site. I actually heard that he had a lunch get together, and gathering of Packer Staff for "The Official Delete Brett Click."

T.T. Is Ruthless.

R.P.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
My sources (And they are good sources) told me....

There was a delay in deleting Brett as a player From The Official Packer Fan Site since Brett's retirement because T.T. insisted on being the person who would click the delete button for Brett as a player.

I understand that T.T. wanted to personally "Delete Brett." from the official site. I actually heard that he had a lunch get together, and gathering of Packer Staff for "The Official Delete Brett Click."

T.T. Is Ruthless.

R.P.

thats exactly how it played out in my head! :lol:

Ryan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ha, how would you like to be the web developer that has to set Favre inactive... no thanks.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Ha, how would you like to be the web developer that has to set Favre inactive... no thanks.

thats what I thought..Maybe they had to draw straws, or high card to see who had to do it..

I know I wouldnt want to come in to work abd the boss say, delete Brett

Tiger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ryan said:

thats what I thought..Maybe they had to draw straws, or high card to see who had to do it..

I know I wouldnt want to come in to work abd the boss say, delete Brett

You'd just gotta believe that Brett would have wanted you to be a pro and do your job Dammit! :D

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Pack&BrettCrazed4 said:
:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

I knew it would happen, so before it did I opened a page of his bio on my browser and still haven't closed the window, not sure when I will :-?

His Bio is an will still be there... and to be honest he is still on the active roster until he turns in his retirement papers...

Here is the link from this morning.. http://www.packers.com/history/brett_favre_tribute/bio/

Maybe TT does have a heart.. or maybe he didn't understand the directions from the web guys as he sat in his new office furniture from all the money he saved from not signing any free agents the past 2 seasons and didn't hit all the right keys. :p

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I got a Packer Plus paper at Fan Fest, and his name wasn't on the roster anymore. It WAS weird not seeing #4 there anymore.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
c_mac said:
The official Packers website has removed Favre's name from the roster and the depth chart. Its not a surprise, it was going to happen at some point, but it just weird not to see him listed anymore. For me its kind of like the final nail in the coffin that Favre really is done. I'm quite sad about it actually.

I guess that's it. It's official.
Tomorrow night, I'm going to get :pals:

I can't speak for you all, but he's my favorite player of all-time and it's not been easy.

Best of luck to Aaron. I hope he can help get us some Rings.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am a student, and extremely diligent in the classroom. Because of this diligence I do quite well. I also am a bartender. We have a chalkboard at work where we write a daily special. Today I wrote ....

CHICEN and BISCUITS - 5.95

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RP - I think we have the most complete team since the mid-90s. People say we haven't seen enough of Ryan Grant to judge; I say we have. We have the 2nd best WR set in the NFL, a solid set of RBs, a solid pass blocking OL (although run blocking needs improving), and last years #6 ranked D.

We also have a top tier Coach, who may be the hardest working Coach in the NFL.

It's an exciting time to be a Packer fan, although very sad not seeing my favorite player ever behind Center. I do believe we will get those Rings.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am a student, and extremely diligent in the classroom. Because of this diligence I do quite well. I also am a bartender. We have a chalkboard at work where we write a daily special. Today I wrote ....

CHICEN and BISCUITS - 5.95
"Chicen".......... :lol:
No "spell check" unfortunatly for you! Did you correct the board? Or just let it go?
Wait a sec.....you spelled it phonicly right!!!
CHIC-EN! :lol:

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RP - I think we have the most complete team since the mid-90s. People say we haven't seen enough of Ryan Grant to judge; I say we have. We have the 2nd best WR set in the NFL, a solid set of RBs, a solid pass blocking OL (although run blocking needs improving), and last years #6 ranked D.

We also have a top tier Coach, who may be the hardest working Coach in the NFL.

It's an exciting time to be a Packer fan, although very sad not seeing my favorite player ever behind Center. I do believe we will get those Rings.

You are right as rain.

Being in South Florida right now it is amazing how many "Snow Birds" are down here from the North.

I kind of laugh in a silly way at the people I meet at the restaurant bar while waiting for my table, Pat fans who talk about having a proven Tom Brady. Giants fans who spew that Eli is the man now. The Steeler fans preaching how great it is Big Ben has a new contract.

I do not say a thing. I just say: Yep.... You are happening.

I just sit there with a slight smile thinking to myself... Wait. Just wait until you see what our kid is going to do.

GOD I LOVE THIS TEAM. And you Zombie are right as rain. It is a great time to be a Packer Fan.

R.P.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score

Considering the snafu of making the dummy page of Brett retiring go live a week early, it was probably a new person too.

Members online

Latest posts