Favre: 'Did I make right decision coming back? foxsports.com

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://www.benmaller.com/#nfl_rumors_notes

The Packers have been shut out by the Chicago Bears and New England Patriots at home, and Sunday's 38-10 loss to the New York Jets felt just as bad. It's enough to make Brett Favre wonder why he's playing. "I'm glad I made the decision to come back, but this is difficult. I never thought I'd see it, but here we are," Favre said. "I never thought I'd be a part of a game or a season like we've had the last two years." For much of this season, Favre has seemed rejuvenated. After having one of his worst seasons last year, when he threw 29 interceptions, the most in the NFL since 1988, Favre has been much more controlled. But in the last three games, all losses, Favre has thrown five interceptions and just two touchdowns. In Sunday's loss to the Jets, Favre completed 24 of 47 passes for 214 yards, with a touchdown, two interceptions and a lost fumble. His passer rating was a meager 53.0 points, marking the third consecutive game and fifth in 12 games this season with a rating of less than 60.0. ... "From my end, it makes you question did I make the right decision coming back, because I really want to come back and help this team win," Favre said. "Walking off that field at halftime 31-0, being on the bad end of that, it's hard to swallow."

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Re: Favre: 'Did I make right decision coming back? foxsports

:cheerleader: lol i feal bad for him but he should just retire allready

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

No he shouldnt retire, he is an honest man!!! But the "man" needs help, he cant do it alone...

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im not saying that he should retire cause his not good enough to play ... but im more in favour of having the rookie QB develop and if they do not develop and train then we will be having other 4-12 seasons ... and the earlier we know that our QB's arent good enough ... we could actually draft a qb ... better early then late ... its a lost season ... we should train the rookie qbs for the future ... unfortunently Rodgers got injured id love to see him play some games against the remaining teams ... come on what do we have to lose anyways ... the season is finished you know it and i know it ... and there will be a day that brett is going to retire and i dont want to be stuck with an inexperienced QB

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Krazygangsta said:

No he shouldnt retire, he is an honest man!!! But the "man" needs help, he cant do it alone...

The man needs help he cant get, unless we find the fountain of youth.

dxbfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
In some ways I cant but help but hope that Favre is on the phone to his old buddy Gruden asking him if he was serious about a shot at the superbowl next year. That way we'd have the opportunity to still get to watch Favre do what he does best while being spared the agony of watching TT either sort out this mess or get himself fired.

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This team is not going SB unless ........ we get an amazing draft ... and our rookies step up like jennings did ANNNNNND ANNNNNND to FIRE THE D COORD. and also sign a good TE that could actually catch and block ... frank is washed up its over ... and it would be nice to sign a good FB also

Krazygangsta

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Krazygangsta said:
we should trade brett for a 2nd rounder to any team thats willing to give that up for him

You would really do that?

honnestly i would ... if i could pick up another player that would contribute to this team like jennings did this year ... i would surely pull the triger no hesitation ... anyways his going to retire after this season or after te next 1 ... and his not going to make this team win a SB again ... so why would i keep him around i might as well get something for him ... get some talent for the future cause he sure deosnt have a future as a player with the packers...

scotty

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Hard to picture Brett in anything other than a Packers' uniform. But at a point you have to consider it, if it benefits both him and the Packers. The Packers desperately need to start planning for their future. If it isn't Rodgers, then we need to know that. Of course we won't be able to look at him until next year.

Whereas Favre still has some game left, for sure. And a team that has all the pieces together and wants to make a run, but needs a veteran QB, would be happy to have Favre. Best of both worlds in my opinion. I feel for the guy cause we know he's a winner, and this has to be killing him, to keep getting beat.

abztractmynd

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Krazygangsta said:

you are right he cant do it alone.

The question is does his individual play HELP or HINDER the team, u can say the same for alot of other players on the Packers.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
since when do you have to provide a hall of famer with pro bowlers?

-Ahman is doing well this year(not vintage ahman, but som solid play)
-Donald
-Jennings
-Improved Oline(from last year. Yes its still not ideal...but does it HAVE to be a flawless line)

Here I thought Favre was good and didnt need so much help. Get him a walker too while we're at it so he doesn't have to walk by himself.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts