Favre "Country Time" Leads Pro Bowl Balloting

TOPHAT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
http://blogs.jsonline.com/packers/archive/2007/11/15/favre-leads-fan-balloting-for-pro-bowl.aspx

Favre leads fan balloting for Pro Bowl

Brett Favre tops Peyton Manning, Tom Brady, Tony Romo and everyone else in the NFL in balloting for the 2008 Pro Bowl. The NFL announced the update of voting today. Favre has collected 458,837 votes in the fan balloting, with Manning and Brady second and third. The teams will be announced at 3 p.m. Dec. 18. The Pro Bowl will be played at Aloha Stadium in Honolulu, Hawaii on Feb. 10. The AFC and NFC All-Star teams are made up of the consensus votes of fans, players and coaches. Each group’s vote counts one-third. NFL players and coaches will cast their votes Dec. 13-14. Two other Packers are the top NFC vote-getters at their position: Nick Barnett (inside linebacker) and Charles Woodson (cornerback).

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

http://www.packersnews.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20071115/PKR07/711150498/1989

Vandermause column: Favre still 'good old country boy':

When Koren Robinson arrived in Green Bay last year, he noticed something different about Brett Favre. "Other icons and legends and stuff like that are kind of full of themselves," Robinson said. "I thought he was going to be the same way. As soon as I met him, I had a totally different opinion about him." Robinson recalls his first impression of Favre. "Just a straight shooter country boy," he said. "A good old country boy; that's what I thought." Robinson, who was reinstated last month by the NFL after a yearlong suspension, has noticed something else about the Packers' 38-year-old quarterback. Despite his age, Favre is a little kid at heart and likes to have fun. That explains why Robinson is reluctant to turn his back to Favre, whose reputation as a locker room prankster hasn't waned. "Yeah, he has a thing about pulling people's pants down, mostly the offensive linemen," said Robinson, trying to contain his laughter. "They don't like it too much. But that's Brett. It breaks the monotony around here. "Ain't no telling when Brett is going to do it. But he will surprise you."

Favre has been a surprise on the field in 2007. No one expected him to be on pace to break single-season career records for passing yards and completion percentage. Favre has a better quarterback rating (96.2) than he posted during MVP seasons in 1996 and 1997. He has shattered just about every significant NFL career passing record, and remains as durable as ever with a starting streak of 266 games. His exploits have been touted so often that an editorial in one state newspaper recently called for an end to the "incessant tributes" of Favre every time the Packers appear on TV. Thankfully not everyone takes such a dour attitude toward life. Favre certainly doesn't. "He's a relaxed guy," said Robinson, adding that it's easy to follow his leadership. "Everybody looks at him and says, 'OK, he's not stressing. We shouldn't be stressing either."

It would be easy to get caught up in the adulation, but Favre doesn't operate that way. He refuses to take anything for granted. "You're only as good as your last play," he said on Wednesday when asked how he handles success. "You're only as good as your last game." Throughout his career, Favre has lived with the notion he was one injury away from losing his job after his career took off in 1992 when Don Majkowski got hurt. He takes a similar approach to the Packers' success this season. "It's great we're 8-1, but it could easily go right away, for any team who's in the position we're in," Favre said. "People will easily forget that you were 8-1 if you lay an egg. So, that's all you have to remember." What his teammates will remember is how Favre never was affected by success. "That's the thing I love about him so much," receiver Donald Driver said. "As time goes on, and you get to know him, he never has changed. I don't think he ever will." Favre doesn't blame others when things go wrong, and he isn't a glory hog when things go right. He remains grounded and humble. "He has never had a big head," Driver said. "He looks at every guy in this locker room, every person in the world as the same. He looks at them as equals. He doesn't think he's better than anyone." Some sourpusses are tired of hearing it, but the fact is, Favre has been better than just about everyone else on the field for a long time.

:pop: :pop: :D :D :wink: :wink:

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks TopHat,

This was Hilarious:

"That explains why Robinson is reluctant to turn his back to Favre, whose reputation as a locker room prankster hasn't waned. "Yeah, he has a thing about pulling people's pants down, mostly the offensive linemen," said Robinson, trying to contain his laughter. "They don't like it too much. But that's Brett. It breaks the monotony around here. "Ain't no telling when Brett is going to do it. But he will surprise you."

LMAO :packbeer: :packbeer:

Post Note: Cheesey would like this locker room I think :wink:

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks TopHat,

This was Hilarious:

"That explains why Robinson is reluctant to turn his back to Favre, whose reputation as a locker room prankster hasn't waned. "Yeah, he has a thing about pulling people's pants down, mostly the offensive linemen," said Robinson, trying to contain his laughter. "They don't like it too much. But that's Brett. It breaks the monotony around here. "Ain't no telling when Brett is going to do it. But he will surprise you."

LMAO :packbeer: :packbeer:

Post Note: Cheesey would like this locker room I think :wink:

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PRO BOWL

GET ON NFL.COM AND VOTE FOR PACKERS......AS OF RIGHT NOW THE COWBOYS HAVE 8 PLAYERS WITH MORE VOTES THAN PACKERS.....

VOTE ! VOTE! VOTE!

GO PACK GO

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PRO BOWL

GET ON NFL.COM AND VOTE FOR PACKERS......AS OF RIGHT NOW THE COWBOYS HAVE 8 PLAYERS WITH MORE VOTES THAN PACKERS.....

VOTE ! VOTE! VOTE!

GO PACK GO

Will do Brennan.

Thanks for the post Tophat.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score

LOL, I had to check my photobucket account cuz IM sure I made that pic (hunted it down on a video, then added the FANCY caption)

yep, there it is.

gmann001

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Is there a link to show the number of votes? Or do we have to wait till December?

brennan1884

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Go to Packers.com.....theres a section that says Favre leading Pro Bowl balloting and it has the rest of the leaders at positons as well

Danreb

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This reflects just how much people hate Tom Brady... LOL

Brady is going to have the best season a QB has ever had, and he'll be elected as a Pro Bowl backup to Peyton Manning.

Members online

Latest posts