Favre Considering Comeback (***July 2nd BREAKING***)

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
how can someone say I support Rodgers but yet imply he wont get us to the superbowl?

You can support anyone LT, and if it takes Rodgers 1 to 10 years to get to the super bowl I will support him if he is our QB.

All I am saying is with Favre we have a better chance this year is all.

Stroz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stroz said:
flep said:
I heard a rumour Bart Starr wants to unretire.............

Sorry I can't disclose my contact.

:lol: Isn't Bart Starr like 90 years old? :lol:
Nah.....he's only 74!
I heard the Vikings were trying to get him to replace Jackson though........but Starr is still under contract to the Packers...........and TT won't release or trade him! :wink:

:lol: :lol: That TT is at it again. 74 you say? That's YOUNG! 74 is the new 50!

Stroz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
I for one will be the happiest person in the world if Brett comes back to play, we just have to wait till Jul 28th not far off. Brett does give us the chance to get to the super bowl once again, why wouldnt the players want him back? Al Harris is just being honest is all.

I also agree with people here on letting Favre and Rodgers fight it out and let the best man win. I for one think that Favre will blow Rodgers out of the water and Rodgers will sit once again. And if they trade him IMO then Rodgers wasnt meant to be our QB in the first place. Also I agree if Rodgers cant take the heat he wont make it as a QB in this league anyways.

Again if Rodgers is our QB I will back him all the way and I hope he does well for our team. So whoever is our QB all I want to do it win!! Rodgers is a good guy, I have met him, talked with him, and had my picture taken with him. So I wish him the very best.

touché.

I agree with you two. Maybe they can hold a race like they did on Playmakers when the two guys wanted same position? :lol:

Packer Freak, I like your icon. It is really cool!

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackerFreak said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:
I for one will be the happiest person in the world if Brett comes back to play, we just have to wait till Jul 28th not far off. Brett does give us the chance to get to the super bowl once again, why wouldnt the players want him back? Al Harris is just being honest is all.

I also agree with people here on letting Favre and Rodgers fight it out and let the best man win. I for one think that Favre will blow Rodgers out of the water and Rodgers will sit once again. And if they trade him IMO then Rodgers wasnt meant to be our QB in the first place. Also I agree if Rodgers cant take the heat he wont make it as a QB in this league anyways.

Again if Rodgers is our QB I will back him all the way and I hope he does well for our team. So whoever is our QB all I want to do it win!! Rodgers is a good guy, I have met him, talked with him, and had my picture taken with him. So I wish him the very best.

touché.

I agree with you two. Maybe they can hold a race like they did on Playmakers when the two guys wanted same position? :lol:

the competition idea sounds good on paper... but it will never happen and it shouldn't for a million reasons (trom listed several somewhere). But the main thing for me is this. what if Brett doesnt win the starting job. that would crush his legacy in one swing. People will then start wondering what we could have done without Brett locked into the starting gig. believe me, we don't wanna go down that road.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about a Brian Brohm will be better than Aaron Rodgers in two years scenario.

Throwing it out there.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What about a Brian Brohm will be better than Aaron Rodgers in two years scenario.

Throwing it out there.

Very well could be. That would be a great thing and solve alot of problems regarding the whole Brett coming back thing.

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Throwing it out there.

I certainly think if you go with Favre this year then you better hope he plays in 09 and you have two years to develop Brohm as your starter for 2010. Somewhere in that time frame, Aaron Rodgers should be traded.

You know it comes down to this.

If the Packers are the slightest and I mean the slightest hesitant about Aaron Rodgers then you go with Favre.

If the Packers believe 100% all the way that Aaron Rodgers is going to be one heck of a QB then you take Rodgers because he's younger.

Personally, I haven't seen enough of Rodgers too make that call but McCarthy and Thompson should have by now and that's why I'd give them the benefit of the doubt on this one. It's a decision that I wouldn't want.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
how can someone say I support Rodgers but yet imply he wont get us to the superbowl?

How? I have to say someone who likes Rodgers, but understands not the caliber of QB that can take the team on his shoulders to the Super Bowl. To me that person is being unbiased where some who support him will blindly say "With Aaron, We Champs!"

I for one think Aaron will be a good QB and as I've said since day one (go0 ahead an check) I think he's the type of QB who won't WIN us the games like Brett did, but he won't be the reason we lose. Meaning, he'll be the Coaches wet dream and do as he's told. ****, dunk, scramble, whatever.

Stroz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Stroz said:
PackerFreak said:
Heatherthepackgirl said:

touché.

the competition idea sounds good on paper... but it will never happen and it shouldn't for a million reasons (trom listed several somewhere). But the main thing for me is this. what if Brett doesnt win the starting job. that would crush his legacy in one swing. People will then start wondering what we could have done without Brett locked into the starting gig. believe me, we don't wanna go down that road.

I was just kidding about the "Playmakers race" Packnic. I really am on the side, that think that Favre should just get his old position back (he earned it), but if they want to be fair about it, I guess a competion is only way. But I don't think the deciding should be done in only one race (as it was on Playmakers).

Stroz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
PackOne said:

Throwing it out there.

I certainly think if you go with Favre this year then you better hope he plays in 09 and you have two years to develop Brohm as your starter for 2010. Somewhere in that time frame, Aaron Rodgers should be traded.

You know it comes down to this.

If the Packers are the slightest and I mean the slightest hesitant about Aaron Rodgers then you go with Favre.

If the Packers believe 100% all the way that Aaron Rodgers is going to be one heck of a QB then you take Rodgers because he's younger.

Personally, I haven't seen enough of Rodgers too make that call but McCarthy and Thompson should have by now and that's why I'd give them the benefit of the doubt on this one. It's a decision that I wouldn't want.

I see Brian Brohm as the way of Favre in 92 when he took over for Majkowski. Rodgers get hurt. Become the fall guy and Brohm moves in. I don't know why I see that, but I have strong feeling. I am not making funny with this and I don't wish this. But I have the feeling.

RedSoxExcel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I for one have stated that I prefer Favre but if Rodgers is our QB, I'm cool with that too, at the end of the day I'm supporting whoever is the starter come September. (Once again I don't believe that thinking Favre gives us a better shot at the SB makes you a "Favre Firster" - couldn't some of the bitter Favre supporters say that a bunch of you are "Rodgers Firsters" because your view that Rodgers is the right choice is SO OUT there (in their view) and that you are simply ignoring the team and thinking of one player (like us Favre for 08 supporters are preceived)... - Just a thought.

But I for one am terribly against this "competition" idea. HE PLAYED FOR US FOR 16 YEARS. He finished last season and NO doubt in anyone's mind maybe in the ENTIRE league, the 3rd or 4th (Romo) best QB in the league. He was the NFC starter for the Pro Bowl. How can someone like that be forced to compete for his job against someone that played a HALF of a game.

At that point, IMO, release him and let him do whatever he wants if you don't want him. It is unfair to make him compete for the job, as it is unfair to make Rodgers compete against him, it should either be Rodgers team this year or not. I don't know Favre, its all opinion, but I don't think he would be warm to the idea of having to compete for a job against a rookie.

Reaction score
I see Brian Brohm as the way of Favre in 92 when he took over for Majkowski. Rodgers get hurt. Become the fall guy and Brohm moves in. I don't know why I see that, but I have strong feeling. I am not making funny with this and I don't wish this. But I have the feeling.

Hm, well in such a case Stroz, as ironic as this may be, what if the Packers were to make a strong pitch to Brett to return?

The only problem I'd see is if Rodgers injury is only for a few (3-4) weeks. What happens if Rodgers will is slated to come back before week 17? Such a scenario (bringing Brett back) would probably be hell for this team.

arrowgargantuan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But I for one am terribly against this "competition" idea. HE PLAYED FOR US FOR 16 YEARS. He finished last season and NO doubt in anyone's mind maybe in the ENTIRE league, the 3rd or 4th (Romo) best QB in the league. He was the NFC starter for the Pro Bowl. How can someone like that be forced to compete for his job against someone that played a HALF of a game.

i wouldn't worry about that RedSox, it will never happen. TC would be a complete circus at that point. i'd like to think our front office is brighter than that.

At that point, IMO, release him and let him do whatever he wants if you don't want him.

well if we release him we get squat, and have no say in which team he goes to. that sounds like a horrible idea to me.

gopackgo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I for one think Aaron will be a good QB and as I've said since day one (go0 ahead an check) I think he's the type of QB who won't WIN us the games like Brett did, but he won't be the reason we lose. Meaning, he'll be the Coaches wet dream and do as he's told. ****, dunk, scramble, whatever.

I don't think he will be, but maybe that is just wishful thinking. Working behind the most gunslinging QB in the game, and seeing the way he scrambled in the Dallas game, I think Rodgers will definitely have a mind of his own. He just doesn't have that personality of a cookie-cutter QB, IMO.

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Buckeyepackfan said:
I have to admit you are The King

I obviously missed this along the way, but that dude was hammered - for sure.

I don't agree with you one hundred percent on the Favre thing quite yet, so I choose not to comment.

I hope we both agree that this is interesting.

I wonder why so many newcomers to this site post their first post in this thread?

My original post was "I have to admit you are the King of spin", to prove my point Trom eliminated "of spin" :D :D :D

TheEngineer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, I wouldn't mind the Packers releasing Favre, if they could come to some sort of gentleman's agreement for Favre not to join a rival NFC North team. That could be the best outcome, Favre can play if he wants and the Packers organisation don't seem so evil for running Favre out of town by trading him for some sort of compensation.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually, I wouldn't mind the Packers releasing Favre, if they could come to some sort of gentleman's agreement for Favre not to join a rival NFC North team. That could be the best outcome, Favre can play if he wants and the Packers organisation don't seem so evil for running Favre out of town by trading him for some sort of compensation.
I myself think it would be kind of dumb to release Favre. If you can get a 1st or even a 2nd round pick, why would you just let him go for free?
I wouldn't see it as "evil", i'd see it as good business sense. Plus trading him would keep him from going to one of our rivals.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TheEngineer said:
I myself think it would be kind of dumb to release Favre. If you can get a 1st or even a 2nd round pick, why would you just let him go for free?
I wouldn't see it as "evil", i'd see it as good business sense. Plus trading him would keep him from going to one of our rivals.

If it actually comes to it... I definetly think we need to trade him to get something in return. I dont care if its a late draft pick really... just something.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That scenario makes little sense however. I keep hearing how it's not fair, {whaaaa} to Rodgers if Brett comes back yet you expect some other team to do it to some other young guy.

Say Brett does go to Vikings, haven't they been grooming Tavaris Jackson?

If I'm a GM with a young unproven QB and Brett is out there, I'd snag em up in a minute. The problem is that's what we are. Except we were a team in the NFC Championship game last year. Yet some here just don't want him back.

Personally, I like to win football games, not plan for 2014.

cheesey

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That scenario makes little sense however. I keep hearing how it's not fair, {whaaaa} to Rodgers if Brett comes back yet you expect some other team to do it to some other young guy.

Say Brett does go to Vikings, haven't they been grooming Tavaris Jackson?

If I'm a GM with a young unproven QB and Brett is out there, I'd snag em up in a minute. The problem is that's what we are. Except we were a team in the NFC Championship game last year. Yet some here just don't want him back.

Personally, I like to win football games, not plan for 2014.
The difference is.......the Packers gave Brett the chance to return, and HE chose not to. They would have welcomed him back and gave him the team for this year. All he had to do was say "Yes, I'm coming back".
He himself said "NO".
Now he has made this one heck of a mess.
Maybe the Packers WILL still let him return. I have no clue. I'm just a Packer fan. If they allow him back, i wouldn't be mad, i'd be cheering him on. But it's not up to me.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
longtimefan said:

You can support anyone LT, and if it takes Rodgers 1 to 10 years to get to the super bowl I will support him if he is our QB.

I'm putting the team first. Favre in '07 was the MVP runner-up. He still gives us the best chance to win. I want an SB trophy for the Packers. We only have 3. I want 5.

We're close, very close. Let Favre back and let he and Rodgers compete for the #1 spot. I'm happy with either of them being QB, but come on, Brett Favre is Brett Favre. He's still got it, and we all know it. If Rodgers is better in '08, then I will root 100% for Aaron.

Devil_Doc

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Heatherthepackgirl said:
longtimefan said:

I'm putting the team first. Favre in '07 was the MVP runner-up. He still gives us the best chance to win. I want an SB trophy for the Packers. We only have 3. I want 5.

We're close, very close. Let Favre back and let he and Rodgers compete for the #1 spot. I'm happy with either of them being QB, but come on, Brett Favre is Brett Favre. He's still got it, and we all know it. If Rodgers is better in '08, then I will root 100% for Aaron.

/co-signed

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i cringed the second i turned on espn last nite & saw this as "breaking news". my first instinct was to think "oh no brett - don't tarnish your career by doing a flip flop now" he said he was retiring & i'm sorry - i truly do love the guy as a player & i believe he's a great man as well but - he needs to stand by those words.

then again, if it truly IS just mort stirring the pot as usual - fork him!!!

What happened to your sig pic?

Members online

Latest posts