Favre Considering Comeback (***July 2nd BREAKING***)

NDPackerFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Oh sh*t....where's Cal2GreenBay???

Actually, I think Favre will stay retired and the team will move on with A-Rod. I don't doubt Favre is having second thoughts b/c it's normal.

Either way, I'm good with it. I wonder what's going through Aaron's mind though?

Reaction score
"But an NFL source said Wednesday afternoon that Favre -- or Cook on his behalf -- actually contacted the Packers "within the past few weeks" about returning, and when the Packers made it clear that they have moved on, Favre asked for his release. The Packers refused."

http://www.madison.com/wsj/blogs/Packers/294432

Damn.

First off, WTF Brett? Come on, you should be a bigger man than this.

Secondly, WTF Al Harris? "I'd welcome him back with open arms".... Way to support your current starter, A-Rod. I defended Al a ton this off-season, but to say something like that is stupid. He could've worded it so much better, even something like "as a football fan, I'd love to see Brett return, but as a Packer I'm fine with Aaron as our starter."

Thirdly, I hope McCarthy/Ted don't let this issue get too big and possibly divide the team between pro Favre coming back and pro A-Rod being the starter.

I love Brett, but this is non-sense that you'd expect him (and his agent) to be beyond. For the sake of all that is good in this world, stay retired Brett.

PS - Thanks 4 the memories. :)

Andy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I love Brett to death, but if this is true, it isn't fair to the Packer organization or Rodgers. The time to reconsider the retirement was a couple of months ago. One team I would look at if the Packers somehow cut ties with Favre is Tampa Bay. Jon Gruden just ADORES Brett. But sometimes things like this happen...Lambeau coached another team after the Packers...so did Lombardi. Reggie White played his last game with the Carolina Panthers. I just hope that Brett stays retired. And I never thought I would say that after the year he had in 2007. But TOO much time has passed I think. But we shall see.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I have read a few different version now. The whole 'is talking to the Coach' makes this a pretty solid story.

Remember the cancellation of the golf tournament?

His family is pressuring him.

Look out, here the storm comes.

A player in that turny said Brett was going to play in it..

Brett NEVER told anyone he was attending

According to Bretts pilot he isn't aware of Brett asking for his job back..

But that does not mean it isn't true

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Of course he is getting the itch to play again. This was predicted by everybody including Brett and the coaching staff. This is a huge test for the Packers. They are on vacation right now before training camp, so hopefully they just ignore this jibber jabber.

packerfan1245

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Favre is considering retirement and spoke to McCarthy about it a few weeks ago."

Uhhhh wtf????? He retired months and months ago.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I thought it was reported that he 'withdrew' from the golf event.

Yes that was the report..but sometimes you dont hear entire truths

NBC said he should honor "his" commitment..Well since he never committed to playing in it, he honored his commitment

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can see it now.
Favre comes back and starts for GB.
First play of the year.
Favre drops back, gets hit so hard that his torso separates. Done.

Madden Curse lives on!

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trippster said:
Hey,

we could trade him and get someone. On the other hand...if he comes back isn't he our best QB? Don't we always want our best players playing?

I don't know if it's that simple. I mean, hey, we had a whole off-season talking with and about Rodgers being the starter after waiting so long. The organization already moved on and were behind Rodgers the whole time.

It's not going to end well. We'll maybe lose Rodgers if Favre decides to play.

It's not good timing.

Agreed. He's our best QB, but I'd hate to lose Rodgers. There's no way he stays if Favre comes back.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carolina Panthers, Kansas City Chiefs, or Tampa Bay Bucs.

No news source. Just my personal guesses.

bigfog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Carolina Panthers, Kansas City Chiefs, or Tampa Bay Bucs.

No news source. Just my personal guesses.

Schefter of NFL Network says Jets, Ravens or Chiefs. Green Bay would be crazy to trade him within the NFC.

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre denounces comeback talk as strictly rumors. This was just a bull **** story by Chris Mortensen who took several true instances and put them together to stir some ratings.

Favre has the itch. Favre is a gamer... he may have that itch every day till he dies. Favre isnt coming back.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett Favre denounces comeback talk as strictly rumors. This was just a bull **** story by Chris Mortensen who took several true instances and put them together to stir some ratings.

Favre has the itch. Favre is a gamer... he may have that itch every day till he dies. Favre isnt coming back.

How dare you?!?! Who the hell are you to say what he will or will not do?!?!? You better learn to keep your mouth shut or the fans are going turn on you faster than you can say "I feel comfortable in Wranglers"!

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:

How dare you?!?! Who the hell are you to say what he will or will not do?!?!? You better learn to keep your mouth shut or the fans are going turn on you faster than you can say "I feel comfortable in Wranglers"!

hey bozz... you better get on board right now, or just keep your mouth shut.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Retired quarterback Brett Favre responded quickly to an ESPN report about a possible return to play for the Green Bay Packers by saying, "It's all rumor."

When queried about a possible media firestorm, Favre text messaged, "No reason for it."

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:pop: Isn't this you feel it'sexactly what our forum needs. I huge story during the slow offseason. It all sounds like rumour but at least we got a story. Like others said I live Brett Favre but wasn't almost sad to hear the news. To me not a single interception tarnished his career but something like this might. On the other hand while it's easy for all us to say just make a decision and be done with it but it's way tougher then any of us will know. I feel it's a bit like farming. You go through stetches where your tired and nothing goes right and you just want to quit but a few weeks later your back to feeling it's the greatest job in the world getting paid to do your hobby.

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Retired quarterback Brett Favre responded quickly to an ESPN report about a possible return to play for the Green Bay Packers by saying, "It's all rumor."

When queried about a possible media firestorm, Favre text messaged, "No reason for it."

How dare you?!?! Who the hell are you to say what Brett did or did not text message?!?!? You better learn to keep your mouth shut or the fans are going turn on you faster than you can say "I feel comfortable in Wranglers"!