Favre Coaches Jennings Into Vikings Deal

Chillarfan54

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I could careless at this point. If he did, Oh well. All I care about is Packers doing good and winning more SB. I don't have time to think about Favre and Viking drama anymore.

DTown SBrown

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Again, here's to hoping number 4 gets assigned to a punter who is cut during training camp. I have no possible reason to ever want to see his jersey retired at this point. Its like he refuses let go of this thing. I say 4 should be assigned every single time we sign a player who is permitted by the NFL to wear it.

And if he doesn't care to see his number retired, so be it. Take down his street sign and rename it MVP way, and honor it yearly with the team MVPs name.

I'm over this cat. I was the biggest bf fan, I even have an autographed favre high school jersey. Its been in a closet for years.

Holmgren left on no great terms too, but not like this. Can anyone even name another player who has purposely thrashed and trashed the team and fan base like Brett? Closest that comes to mind is Terrell Owens, and even he was not a total tool this late on...

Sorry, I had to seeth a bit after reading this. I can truly say at this point I hope he goes hof as a viking.

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

"Murphy said that he thought the Packers were getting closer to having Brett Favre return to have his number retired.
Murphy has extended the olive branch in order to bring Favre back into the arms of the organization for which he played from 1992-'07. Favre hasn't been ready to come back, but it appears that there has been some progress made."

Alex

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Murphy said that he thought the Packers were getting closer to having Brett Favre return to have his number retired.
Murphy has extended the olive branch in order to bring Favre back into the arms of the organization for which he played from 1992-'07. Favre hasn't been ready to come back, but it appears that there has been some progress made."

http://www.jsonline.com/blogs/sports/198881541.html
Coaxing players to go to a division foe...real progress. This guy is obviously not ready to come back and I honestly don't care if he ever does. I grew up idolizing this guy and never thought I'd have such strong dislike for him today. Give his number to Harrell.

Forderick

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Coaxing? probably just answered some questions about the organization and what it was like playing there. Greg was thinking about going and wanted an opinion from someone who played there. I don't get what the big deal is, remember Green bay didn't want Favre anymore, so does it really matter where he went and played the rest of his career?

Some packers fans need to f 'ing get over it already.

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

Coaxing players to go to a division foe...real progress. This guy is obviously not ready to come back and I honestly don't care if he ever does. I grew up idolizing this guy and never thought I'd have such strong dislike for him today. Give his number to Harrell.
Totally agree Alex. As for possibly asking somebody about the Vikings ? Surely things will be different at Minnesota since ******* features played there anyway, so what would be the point of that ? Once again Favre trying to make a point on his feelings about Green Bay.

Oshkoshpackfan

YUT !!!
Reaction score
Buck frett

I would make it mandatory that his ol #4 be printed on the side of every single port-o-crapper in the state of WI.
Might even let the towel boy wear #4.

DON BARRETT

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The packers should of paid him the money, that what they get for having to many wide outs on the team. They have plenty $$. They are not going to spend it where they need it so it serves them right to loose jennings. We will be lucky to have a .500 season next year. We need some pass rushers and all our guys are too small! Its all buisness in the end and its all about the $$.

Greenbayphil

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The packers should of paid him the money, that what they get for having to many wide outs on the team. They have plenty $$. They are not going to spend it where they need it so it serves them right to loose jennings. We will be lucky to have a .500 season next year. We need some pass rushers and all our guys are too small! Its all buisness in the end and its all about the $$.

I can't tell if you are being serious?

VolvoD

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Greg Jennings is no Donald Driver. DD was/is the best...Jennings, i don't hate him, but i am done with him.
As far as brett, he's turned himself into a true villan.

Darth Garfunkel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Eh, who cares? How many people on this forum have switched jobs for higher pay or because they didn't like their boss? Disgruntled former employees happen all the time. Why hold these guys to a higher standard?

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Don't quite understand all the hype over this nothing Kareem Copeland offering on NFL.com. If you're agitated because of this OPINION Mr. Copeland has that's ok. If you're sitting back thinking "sounds like ol #4 had some discussions with ol #85 about playing for the Vikings & I don't care" that's ok too. Just don't believe for even a nanosecond that because Kareem Copeland wrote it that's exactly how it went down.

Sounds like two old friends discussing football & life. Nothing more.

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

Some packers fans need to f 'ing get over it already.

Right. I would like to think these stories are part of final purging process.

Be careful of revisionist history. The Packers didn't want him anymore because couldn't show up for work on time.

TJV

Lifelong Packers Fanatic
Reaction score
Be careful of revisionist history. The Packers didn't want him anymore because couldn't show up for work on time.
And because he RETIRED and when he was thinking about changing his mind a month later he told them he was going to stay retired. So the Packers spent that off season preparing for Rodgers to take over.

I don't have any problem with Jennings going to the Vikings - they offered him the most money. But the "disgruntled" former employee analogy definitely doesn't apply to Favre IMO as he went way beyond that.

OP
OP
H

HardRightEdge

And because he RETIRED and when he was thinking about changing his mind a month later he told them he was going to stay retired. So the Packers spent that off season preparing for Rodgers to take over.

I don't have any problem with Jennings going to the Vikings - they offered him the most money. But the "disgruntled" former employee analogy definitely doesn't apply to Favre IMO as he went way beyond that.

If a guy says he's retiring but it turns out he just doesn't like showing up for OTAs and training camp, I categorize that as not showing up on time. How many gold watches did the Packers have monogrammed over the years? Fool me once, twice, thrice....

I too do not begrudge Jennings his decision; that would be foolish. I do question his choice of consultants.

What's next for Jennings? January crocodile tears and mumbles about "it's time"?