Favre can win us the superbowl

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm a big critic of Favre. He forces things, tries to do too much,etc...

But this weekend....he kept his composure. He played SMART. He let his receievers and other teammates do THEIR jobs.

It ...was .....AWESOME.

Let Donald fight for more yards.
Let Jennings own 2nd string CBS.
Let Bubba\Lee destroy LBs.
Let Grant KILL rushing defenses(even if he fumbles)

AND do YOUR thing, Brett. Do it smart....do it YOUR way. You have a defense that will be there for you and offensive teammates that will put their bodies on the line to win. Do it YOUR WAY.

If Brett keeps this up....we win the superbowl.

millertime

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I liked the demeanor after the game. This teams knows that there are stil two games left to play.

HatestheEagles084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am a big critic, naysayer, etc...

But once the Packers got the ball and could hold onto it, this game was over...

At 14-7, Brett reassured me that he wasnt going to be 'stupid Brett', smart passes, nothing deep, nothing into coverage, with him playing as well as he does along with Grant running amazing...this is very promising

flep

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a comment but after 15 years (sorry if I've got that wrong ref how many years Favre has played)

But how can anyone critisize Favre???

I do not wish to start an argument of any kind here.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Just a comment but after 15 years (sorry if I've got that wrong ref how many years Favre has played)

easily.

After 15 years...people get old....their play declines....its natural. It happens. Brett over the last couple years wasn't the Brett we seen in years past. That's why you criticize. It's only natural to lose it when you age. Nobody is young forver. But this year....Brett showed he still has it....and this is a good thing.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Yes, too many times have packer fans watched Favre force many passes that were either overthrown, incomplete, or picked off. However this season we have seen Brett Favre play "smart football" often.

OP
OP
tromadz

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If favre plays smart....theres no other QB who could play better. Not Brady, not Peyton....nobody.

Favre playing smart ball, letting Driver\Jennings do their thing....man....unstoppable.!

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If favre plays smart....theres no other QB who could play better. Not Brady, not Peyton....nobody.

Favre playing smart ball, letting Driver\Jennings do their thing....man....unstoppable.!

Agreed, a smart Brett Favre (With the rest of the packers playing smart) is unstoppable.

PackCrazed4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chicago Native on loan to Tallahassee, FL
Brett played one hell of a game tonight! I've never had a doubt (kind of biased, I'm a huge Brett fan) that he'd take care of things! He's had an amazing season and his poise, consistency, and passion never fails. Really proud of the stamina he had today after getting down 2 scores in 5 minutes, takes a lot of composure to keep yourself together (also given his history with frustration). I'm feeling good guys, we're on our way to da ship and I'm not sure if there is anything stopping us! Our guys know whats at stake and know there is a lot ahead, we're on a good track

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett was great. The team was great. They were down 14 to nothing and they kept their heads up and stuck together. There was a lot of maturing this team did tonight.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score

But this weekend....he kept his composure. He played SMART. He let his receievers and other teammates do THEIR jobs.

It ...was .....AWESOME.

AND do YOUR thing, Brett. Do it smart....do it YOUR way. You have a defense that will be there for you and offensive teammates that will put their bodies on the line to win. Do it YOUR WAY.

There has been a two year battle on this forum. What people call the Favre lovers.... and the T.T. Haters.

The bottom line is this.

Without T.T. - Brett would not have been on the field today.

Brett would have retired.

He came back because in his own words.. "This is one of the most talented young teams I have ever been a part of."

T.T. made that happen, Thank T.T. for Brett being on the field today and for his willingness to do what it takes to change his gunslinger attitude.

NOW......

With out Brett.... T.T. would not have the respect that he has right now as doing an amazing job by making good draft picks, pick ups, and letting some people go.

Brett has made T.T.'s young team what they are. Without Brett on the field these kids would not be doing as well as they are.

The bottom line is this....

With out Brett there would be no T.T. Success. Without T.T. there would have been no Brett success.

I agree with Trom.... I gave up on Brett. Not because I did not love him, but because he was 37 and so many people were demanding that T.T. not go to youth but get proven vets for Brett to end his career with a chance to go out well.

It was the youth movement Vs. The Get Brett vet Talent movement.

It turns out T.T.'s youth movement plan and Brett's talent is a marriage made in very special seasons.

R.P.

Reaction score
Let's not forget the O-line, they were (to use Brett's word) outstanding, giving Brett time to throw, and opening running lanes.

If the O-line continues to play at the high level they played today, and same with Brett, this team will be very difficult to beat.

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Brett's best throw of the game was the snowball shot at Driver. :)

He played well today, very patient and poised even down by 14. I like the poise of this entire team right now.

Awesome performance Brett and company.

BlitzAce

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Nathaniel, Tauscher did an outstanding job blocking Kerney, but in my opinion a large part of it was because of the snow. The Seattle defense is built on speed...not mass. And when you're playing a snow game, what you need is mass not speed, since the speed gets neutralized from lack of traction and field slipperiness. Speed lineman, linebackers, and defensive backs can't fly to the ball to generate pressure or turnovers. This is why when you see teams that generally play in cities that expect snow (Steelers, Ravens, Bears, Vikings, etc.) most of their defenses are not built on speed, but rather on size. Their defenses are meant to grind out games. A very well played game by your offensive line though nonetheless. We can also credit Favre for his quick release and his mobility in the pocket (like when he stepped up into the pocket to avoid Julian Peterson around the edge) to avoid the potential Seahawk sacks.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Blitz: You are right about the snow neutralizing the speed of your D. Early in the game when the field was still good we were doing a good job but I was worried that we would wear down before the Hawks D did and Brett would start getting either hit or hurried. Weather was an equalizer last night. Not to take anything away from our teams outstanding performance and poise.

My favorite play from Brett was the toss to Lee as he was going down. The commentators said " How does a 38 year old man do that?" and"How does a 28 year old man do that?"

Thanks to Brett and to TT for a great season so far.

vixtalkn

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Pshaw. Only one guy you want under center when you're down 14 zip in the first 4 minutes. The Favre.

Obi1

Cheesehead
Reaction score
THIS team CAN win the Superbowl.

Favre showed the whole world what the team is made of.

Blitz, Kearney was pretty much ineffective the whole game. Even before the traction got bad. I didn't see if Tauscher was one on one with him but the Packers gameplanned well to neutralize him.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
flep said:

easily.

After 15 years...people get old....their play declines....its natural. It happens. Brett over the last couple years wasn't the Brett we seen in years past. That's why you criticize. It's only natural to lose it when you age. Nobody is young forver. But this year....Brett showed he still has it....and this is a good thing.

Sorry..but this doesn't cut it.

Which is it? "Is Brett too old", "washed up", "doens't have the arm strength anymore", "should be traded", is holding the team hostage", "his gun-slinger mentality", "McCarthy reigned him in", "is retarding Aaron Rodgers", etc..etc..etc..?

Or is it that you were WRONG but just can't admit it?

(I admitted I was wrong about TT...)
Admit that Brett NEVER WAS THE PROBLEM.

It was the lousy teams and coaching was under Mike Sherman. It's not too hard. And it, and ye shall be free.

Once and for all, there is no old Favre and new Favre bull****...I'm tired of people trying to sell that crap and tell me it's hamburger....

There is only one Favre and you can see what he can do when he has a good team around him. And a few years ago, you saw what happened when he had a bad team around him!

The same goes for Tom Brady, Peyton Manning, etc....

You don't win unless you have the horses AND you are a great QB!

ADMIT that there is only now and only has been ONE FAVRE....for cryin' out loud already!

The same Favre there's always been.

Fuzznuts

Cheesehead
Reaction score

It ...was .....AWESOME.

You act like FAVRE has been holding the Packers back all these years.
You act surprised when Favre plays well...which he's done his whole career when he's had a team around him...where have you been for the past 15 years?

Did you think that in 2005 too...that the Packers were great, but that "sucky" Favre was holding them back from realizing their greatness..??

You are too funny. lol.

:lol:

(The REAL Packer fans never gave up on you Brett. We knew the score the whole time!)

Pack93z

You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime
Reaction score
Favre did answer some questions when he stayed within the gameplan when falling behind 14-zip... we have seen implosions before when we have gotten down early in big game. See Nov 29th.

With that said however, I would rather have no other QB leading my team... None. Warts an all, I will take #4.

Members online

Latest posts