Favre bashing

Packersfan43084

Cheesehead
Reaction score
net said:
Lets get this out: Brett Favre, today, is the best option the Packers have at QB.

Is he? Is he really? He might be now that A-Rod is down, and Ingle is Ingle(who I still think we should see what he has, cuz we know what favre has, which is a lacking in accuracy these days, and the same gunslinger mentality which doesnt work with bad decisions and bad accuracy).

McCarthy's approach is working to help Brett Favre manage the game. Favre has only reverted to his bad habit of slinging the ball a few times.

A few times? As in around 2? He had "a few" in the last game ALONE. Lets face it, when the team is down, he feels the need to put the team on his shoulders(which is habit Sherman put on him, cuz Sherman was silly, so this isnt Favres fault entirely). He forces the issue, and its so predictable these days its insane. Look at my sig. If "I" know what Favre is gonna do, million dollar players and coaches know too.

The real problem with the Green Bay Packers 2006 is in the front office.

well thats your opinion, and thats cool. I just hope opinions you voice in threads dont get locked or deleted like my 'Start Ingle Martin' ones, which, weren't really about Ingle as much as Brett. I love Brett, but I love the Packers a little more.

just ridiculous Trom. Dude you need to look at the facts. Brett made some decisions at the end of the game, throwing the ball up and such. But c'mon do you honestly believe Ingle Martin is the answer? :rubeyes: Dude couldn't keep his starting job at Florida. He probably won't amount to anything more than a career NFL backup. That's just the truth. Favre is still the best and right now only option for the Packers.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No, ive never said Ingle Martin was the answer.

I think I understand why people are pissed at me. They don't comprehend what I am saying.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
No, ive never said Ingle Martin was the answer.

I think I understand why people are pissed at me. They don't comprehend what I am saying.

As I've learned, sometimes not the world thats wrong. ;)

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre is playing really good this year. Especially in our wins he has 0 picks. In the loses he has all 10 of them.

Overall though he's playing better and smarter football. Losing to Seattle was expected and I'm guessing that's what caused the whole Ingle Martin debacle.

abztractmynd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
abztractmynd said:
lol its cute how after someone posts something good about Favre and something bad about everyone around him, i see chearleaders congratulating that wonder of a man for such a great post.

"Overall, Brett is having a better than average season. His problem is you can't win it alone."
- To say that Brett Favre is having a better than average season this year is an accurate statement...considering the last couple years have been horrendous. But to even think that Brett Favre had a BETTER than average season without counting his past seasons is a big overstatement.

To say that Brett Favre has been horrendous without considering the state of the rest of the Packer organization is a joke. I guess it doesn't matter if you have rookies and injuries and a shell of a team, against all logic, Favre should somehow magically win it all for them. What you are implying by your statement is that Favre can win it all, by himself.

"Jennings isn't there yet"
- How can you say he isnt there yet, the guy has shown he can catch the ball and make big plays 36 times, but the Packers havent really thrown the ball his way much this year. 36 receptions through 10 games compared to DD with double what Jennings has. He is there, the injury slowed him yes...but he is there, and he is as complete as Colston or any other rookie WR.

Jennings is a rookie, and he is not there yet. What more do you need to know? This is a fact.

to Charlesplaisted or whatever...We dont want Favres head on a platter, we just want to exercise our options at QB considering Favre isnt a GOD he cant play forever, his lease has almost expired, and he isnt as effective as he was before. You cant say that Favre is the best choice at QB right now, because we dont know how Ingle Martin will respond, u never know he could be a tom brady or kurt warner or Ben Roth. The whole reason we want Favre to throw in the towel is because we want to move forward, as soon as possible, to insure a quicker brighter future for the team. and if u think i just want Favre..my favorite player, out because i hate his guts, than why would I or anyone else have ever become a packer fan...because we loved seeing 4 run around and make plays.

Do you mean like Aaron Rodgers who was horrendous against New England, and then went out and broke his foot? Some future for the Pack there. If TT hadn't hamstrung Favre this year and went out and gotten him some legitimate weapons, the Pack would be competing for the division right now. Will it happen next year? You'll have to ask TT about that one. Right now, his record in FA isn't too good. But here's a sad fact for you and great for many other Packer fans here--Brett Favre will be the best option at QB for the GB Packers next year too. And the year after that, as well, if he wants to come back!

and as for the cheerleaders....i think they just read the first sentence "Brett Favre, today, is the best option the Packers have at QB" and decided on tagging it the greatest post ever!!!

And another thing. I like my posts, so I believe I'll give them a cheer!

:cheerleader:

This thread is not about the Packer team as a whole, when i speak of Favre i speak about him and only how he has been playing. How did that statement imply that Favre can win all by himself? LMAO that is a wayyyyy off implication if you think that.

Jennings might be a rookie....but if more passes went his way, he would make more catches. Though he hasnt been receiving the ball as much, he STILL showed he can play. MAYBE he isnt at his PRIME yet, if thats what ur implying, but he sure is at a level of excellence in all his abilities.

How do you expect Aaron Rodgers to react in a game against IMO the best team in the AFC. Its not like Favre did any better in the game. ARod hasnt been playing the whole season, he hasnt even been playing the past 2 seasons he was drafted, and for any guy getting his first play time especially against a top notch defense, for u to consider that horrendous, well my friend...you dont know football.

Why are u throwing words into my mouth? i never implied or said that Favre playing would be sad or bad. I just feel that if the team is going to grow, it needs new leadership at where it counts most, QB.

So please stop assuming i "imply" things about Favre or anyone else for the matter.

FYI, about the cheerleaders, i wasnt refering to you, i was refering to the people after ur post.

abztractmynd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
abztractmynd said:
lol its cute how after someone posts something good about Favre and something bad about everyone around him, i see chearleaders congratulating that wonder of a man for such a great post.

"Overall, Brett is having a better than average season. His problem is you can't win it alone."
- To say that Brett Favre is having a better than average season this year is an accurate statement...considering the last couple years have been horrendous. But to even think that Brett Favre had a BETTER than average season without counting his past seasons is a big overstatement.

"Jennings isn't there yet"
- How can you say he isnt there yet, the guy has shown he can catch the ball and make big plays 36 times, but the Packers havent really thrown the ball his way much this year. 36 receptions through 10 games compared to DD with double what Jennings has. He is there, the injury slowed him yes...but he is there, and he is as complete as Colston or any other rookie WR.

to Charlesplaisted or whatever...We dont want Favres head on a platter, we just want to exercise our options at QB considering Favre isnt a GOD he cant play forever, his lease has almost expired, and he isnt as effective as he was before. You cant say that Favre is the best choice at QB right now, because we dont know how Ingle Martin will respond, u never know he could be a tom brady or kurt warner or Ben Roth. The whole reason we want Favre to throw in the towel is because we want to move forward, as soon as possible, to insure a quicker brighter future for the team. and if u think i just want Favre..my favorite player, out because i hate his guts, than why would I or anyone else have ever become a packer fan...because we loved seeing 4 run around and make plays.

and as for the cheerleaders....i think they just read the first sentence "Brett Favre, today, is the best option the Packers have at QB" and decided on tagging it the greatest post ever!!!

It is cute to be a cheerleader and I was one in high school, :cheerleader: but I can cheer when I think a post or posts are great and greatly written,,,after all is just a viewpoint and we all have them...

And why on earth would you take Favre out and put in another QB, yes Martin could be a Big Ben, or Tom Brady we dont know, but then again he maybe a flop who wants to chance that right now when Brett is still playing well IMO...again its not just one person that makes a good team its everyone on that team...

oh i see Heathie....but u sure wouldnt consider my post great...after all, my post sure does put the blame on Favre doesnt it. Ya thats what they all think, except Trom, but its ok i understand. A well written and thought out post HAS TO involve Favres greatness to be cheered, IMO...of course.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cdnfavrefan said:
I can agree his accuracy isn't what it used to be but if we could return to a stage where the team isn't on his shoulders he can still help us win. I felt after his first slump a few years back he returned to stardom when we transformed into a run first team with Green being dominant Brett didn't have to force nearly as many balls into tight coverage. If the O-line could gel and we can become run first next year I think Brett can still thrive off short passes and playaction. If he's back to throwing 50 passes a game I don't see us succeeding but if he has to do just enough he can be the guy. See Steve McNair. Now how bout that ice cream?

you shouldnt have to cater to a HoF'er like that....hes a HoFer, hes SUPPOSED to come through there, not mess up and make his fans go "oh well...donald driver isnt very good....jennings is a rookie...."

whatever....

I think IMO this year Brett has made some good decisions, now last year wasnt his best year in football, but again IMO I believe it was the team around him, if the team isnt playing well how can Favre play well? How can Favre be accurate? I am by no means saying whatever Favre does hes a genuis and I would be the first to say if Favre couldnt play anymore to get him out of there, but thats the thing, he is playing well when he can and why would they be saying he still is in the top 5 QB's this season if he wasnt playing well? Dont make sense to me explain that? Yes he is getting older and yes maybe he dont have the mobility he once has but he is still running around and moving out of the pocket well. Is he running for touchdowns? Nope, Oh I take that back he did run the ball in for a touchdown this year and had his first lambeugh leap. IMO I believe that when Favre makes his mistakes he is doing it to make something happen when they are down points in the game, hes a competitor. Otherwise he is managing the game well when they are in it to win and the score is close enough to win.

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Easy abztract, Heather has every right to decide what post she thinks is good/great, and I'm sure "praising Brett" isn't the sole criteria. :)

Thanks Easy abztract!! Everyone has the right on here to think if posts are well written and good. If Brett didnt deserve the praise I wouldnt give it to him. Again if Brett was an aweful QB I would want him replaced to for the good of the team but you have to look at the overall picture IMO of the "whole" team not just one person and I know I have said this over and over again. I have seen Brett make or try to make plays down the field and our reciever isnt even looking for the ball and after the catch isnt made Brett is making gestures to that person like "where the hec were you" it has lots to do with timing with these plays and recievers knowing where they are suppose to be. Is that all the time? No Im sure not, I am sure Brett does make mistakes just like every other QB in this league hes not perfect, did you guys hear that? Hes not perfect...but the man can still play, I have heard announcers say this, media say this, etc....so its just not a few on this board that think this way..again IMO...

charlesplaisted

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This quote says it all.

absztract mind wrote:
This thread is not about the Packer team as a whole, when i speak of Favre i speak about him and only how he has been playing. How did that statement imply that Favre can win all by himself? LMAO that is a wayyyyy off implication if you think that.

You can't separate a QB's play from the rest of the team. IT'S A TEAM SPORT! All of the positions are dependent upon one another to make it work.

Since we were saying that the team around Brett Favre isn't very good yet because of rookies, lack of talent, the o-line, etc, then how can you expect Favre to win games without the support of the rest of the team?

If you think that, then you think that Brett Favre can win it all by himself.

It's logical. It flows from the reasoning of your argument.

By the way, it's a myth that Brett Favre is innaccurate, but it's one that certain posters like to perpetuate to justify their own agenda. Just like the myth that he makes bad decisions.

He trys to make plays and win when no other options are available!

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Easy abztract, Heather has every right to decide what post she thinks is good/great, and I'm sure "praising Brett" isn't the sole criteria. :)

Sorry I meant to say thanks to all about da packers IMO hes right it isnt the sole criteria..

charlesplaisted

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Sorry I meant to say thanks to all about da packers IMO hes right it isnt the sole criteria..

Excellent post Heathie!

I'm gonna give it 3 cheers!

:cheerleader: :cheerleader: :cheerleader: :jumpsmile:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Since we were saying that the team around Brett Favre isn't very good yet because of rookies, lack of talent, the o-line, etc, then how can you expect Favre to win games without the support of the rest of the team?

who said anything about winning games? I know I sure didn't. Its about bad accuracy and bad decisions, like throwing to francies and martin in double coverage. If you wanna blame TT and MM for having those 2 guys on the team, thats fine, but once again you'd be missing the point, which is about an every post thing for you, chuck.

charlesplaisted

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So what exactly is your point then?

That the Packers can win games with anyone but the inaccurate Favre in there, or that with Aaron Rodgers or Ingle Martin in the game, there may be no interceptions, but no points, and no wins either?

I think the point is that you don't have a point!

(Except maybe to bash Brett Favre, imo.)

abztractmynd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Charles...you arent reading the post carefully, i am not talking about WINNING or the packers as a TEAM, i am talking about FAVRE as an individual performance.

You can easily seperate a team from its QB, its called individual statistics. thats why the NFL has team stats(performance) and individual stats(performance)...to seperate such things.

One more time....this isnt about winning or the team, its about Favre as an individual

how can it be said that Favres innacuracy is a myth? he has been showing his innacuracy for years. That being said...im not saying ALL of his passes were innacurate, but a chunky portion have been.

abztractmynd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Charles, no one said we can win games without Favre, we want Favre in there if he can win the games for us. If not, we want someone who can. this isnt about Favre bashing or hating, this is all about putting someone in that can win games for us. Yes, alot does have to do with the team, but the team right now has been improving and is on the right path for success. That being said...we want to experience a new QB and see what that person can do, we dont have Favre forever...its time for a change. (plz dont comment by talking about A-Rods performance against the Patriots)

abztractmynd

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Thanks Easy abztract!! Everyone has the right on here to think if posts are well written and good. If Brett didnt deserve the praise I wouldnt give it to him. Again if Brett was an aweful QB I would want him replaced to for the good of the team but you have to look at the overall picture IMO of the "whole" team not just one person and I know I have said this over and over again. I have seen Brett make or try to make plays down the field and our reciever isnt even looking for the ball and after the catch isnt made Brett is making gestures to that person like "where the hec were you" it has lots to do with timing with these plays and recievers knowing where they are suppose to be. Is that all the time? No Im sure not, I am sure Brett does make mistakes just like every other QB in this league hes not perfect, did you guys hear that? Hes not perfect...but the man can still play, I have heard announcers say this, media say this, etc....so its just
not a few on this board that think this way..again IMO...

ur welcome Heather! haha. Favre's performance this season as a whole has been average. His past couple games against REAL teams with REAL talent has been horrible. We arent beating good teams...we are beating bad teams, which atleats means were not at the bottom, but we sure are close to it. Ya Favre can still play and he can still throw and win games, but he needs to show he can by keeping his level of performance throughout games evenly paced. He was doing GREAT in the Seattle game up until the end of the game.

I blame this thread, all the trash talk, etc...on that friggin penalty. we had the game.

charlesplaisted

Cheesehead
Reaction score
:roll:

You guys just don't get it, an I'm tired of trying to e'splain it to you.

Suffice it to say that with this Packer team, Peyton Manning or Tom Brady wouldn't be doing any better.

Does that seem to make it easier for anyone to understand? You're only as good at QB as the team and offensive weapons around you.

Maybe Favre should just go out there by himself if you guys think he should be winning games all by himself. Would save cheapo Ted some $$$.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Suffice it to say that with this Packer team, Peyton Manning or Tom Brady wouldn't be doing any better.

Does that seem to make it easier for anyone to understand?

Thats your opinion. I like how you pass it off as fact though. thats cute.

and by cute I mean ignorant.

charlesplaisted

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What's the matter?

Does this fact shake your Brett Favre bashing worldview to it's core?

That's ignorance, my friend.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
you calling your opinion fact makes you twice as ignorant.

brady and peyton = a lot more accurate than brett is these days, and arent gunslingers who act first, think second.

Members online

Latest posts