Favre bashing all over sports radio today.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It seems that misuse of words can be common at times when one wants to win an arguement as is evident in this thread. The bottom line is

Just because Brett has taken his time over the last few years as to if he will retire or not does not make him "threatening to retire" nor does the fact that giving an honest answer like "coaching will be one of the contributing factors to his decision".

When he has been asked questions about his possible retirement he has never "Threatened" and unless some can QUOTE a threat he has made then enough of the BS.

That's right, a "QUOTE".

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
winnipeg...I think it's nitpicking...I can not recall a time where he ''threatened" to retire, but his hesitation, and admiting after the fact that he nearly retired is sort of the same thing, that is, letting it be known that it could happen at any moment for the past ~ 3 seasons.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That is what I was saying. He has been doing this for several seasons now and he keeps bringing it up every few days. It is Favre who flames these retirement rumors starting in the summer and dragging it out through the season.
I am not a Packer fan so maybe I can see this from a different point of view. Name one other athlete in any sport that talks of retirement year after year from the start of the season to the very end. Just one.

rabidgopher04

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IIRC it was the media that started bringing it up many years ago. He couldn't really help not to talk about since people were always asking him about it.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Thanks. Some people here feel that it is non-Packer fans and the media that are flaming these retirement rumors. As of this moment there are 4 out of the top 10 subjects on this very site that are about Favre NOT playing for the Packers next year and every one of them was started by a Packer fan. :roll:

musccy

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
That is what I was saying. He has been doing this for several seasons now and he keeps bringing it up every few days. It is Favre who flames these retirement rumors starting in the summer and dragging it out through the season.
I am not a Packer fan so maybe I can see this from a different point of view. Name one other athlete in any sport that talks of retirement year after year from the start of the season to the very end. Just one.

Jordan?

You're right though...Brett apparently doesn't know when the day will be, and that's fine, but unless he is able to respond more definitively than "I'll play it by ear" then this topic will never die.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Why aren't people all over other QB's **** about retirement....

(or even Jerry Rice's when he was playing..??)

like Drew Bledsoe, Mark Brunell, Trent Green..etc..etc..?

Cheesehog

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Philtration said:
Thanks. Some people here feel that it is non-Packer fans and the media that are flaming these retirement rumors. As of this moment there are 4 out of the top 10 subjects on this very site that are about Favre NOT playing for the Packers next year and every one of them was started by a Packer fan. :roll:

Thats right. Started by a Packer Fan. Not Brett Favre. Unless Brett has been posting on here, why do you keep saying Brett Himself is bringing up this retirement talk. I'm quite sure John Elway went through the same thing towards the end of his career.

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
Why aren't people all over other QB's **** about retirement....

(or even Jerry Rice's when he was playing..??)

like Drew Bledsoe, Mark Brunell, Trent Green..etc..etc..?

Because nobody cares. And that's my point.

Phildo.....did you recognize the quotation marks around the word decent? Do you think maybe I was speaking tongue in cheek as opposed to "tongue up Favre's ***". Reread my posts. I said those players were great for Christ's sake. Get a clue. And yes tark I do look at things with "green and gold glasses on". Imagine that you douches come onto a Packer board and find guys that like the Packers. Have a good Christmas *********!

tarkenton10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand that Dapack, I was just pointing out that in the football world it is more realistic and that your view of Favre is not in line with the rest of the football world. Obviously because of my site name you know I think Tarkenton was one of the greatest. I am sure there are many who don't but at least I am aware of that. And I don't pretend that anyone who doesn't fall in line with my beliefs are crazy!!!

And using the Lord's name in vain isn't hurting me any, you might want to look out though. There may be a lightning bolt with your name on it. It does make you sound a little unbalanced though!

Merry Christmas to everyone!!!

Peace

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Relax tark......I like mixing it up as you can tell. It's all good...besides my Lord is not a vengeful one!

Hey Tarkenton was "decent".

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
musccy said:
Philtration said:

Jordan?

You're right though...Brett apparently doesn't know when the day will be, and that's fine, but unless he is able to respond more definitively than "I'll play it by ear" then this topic will never die.

Actually Jordan never talked about retireing. He just did it. Did he come back? Yes, but he did not talk about leaving year after year.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Correct me if I am wrong but Jordan wasn't asked about his retirement after almost every game either and as such did not have to talk about it.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, I say that you are wrong.
Favre has brought this all upon himself and on the Packers as well. This has to be getting old with his teammates. He is not the first 36-year-old QB in NFL history..... just the first one to talk about not wanting to play every time training camp rolls around. If he would have just said "Retirement is the last thing on my mind. I am just focusing on the season ahead" back in July then this would be a non-issue. He threw the gas on the fire so he shouldn’t cry when smoke gets in his eyes.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Phil, with all due respect ( and I mean that sincerely ), I don't think the poor guy knew how his wife would be coping last July. I think all of us can relate to "family first" and "football second" under these circumstances and those are some serious circumstances to be having to deal with which I firmly believe has now become a "yearly" issue he has to consider before deciding if he can give 100 %. Really Phil, on this issue I really think you should be cutting Brett some slack.

Philtration

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am not picking on Favre and I am not the one starting these threads.
By the way, when I mentioned my own family tragedies and tried to put them in perspective, I had an ******* here say that my loses meant nothing compared to Favre's 92 year old grandmother having a stroke because I had not achieved what Brett has. What kind of jerk believes that if you don't have a Super Bowl ring then the death of your family members is less painful?
Not only did anyone else tell this fool to lighten up but they cheered him on. Pretty pathetic.

tarkenton10

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I do too Da Pack. I am just telling it like I see it. Favre will be kown as a great QB and who cares when he quits. I just made comments on his ability and that there were no Bears that good. My team is obviously the Vikes and I think the sevenites team was underrated because they never won a super bowl. They had a great team in the seventies but aren't put in that catagory because of their lack of success in the super bowl. I understand that but I still think many experts don't give them enough credit.

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts