Favre asked to be released

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I say if Brett goes to another team, he will not be the star. He will be regulated to being a back up or part timer.

Thats about the dumbest thing ive heard in this forum all day and considering the ignorance in the beginning of this thread, you should be "honored".

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bertram said:
50 interceptions next season?

Yeah, I wonder who would have more interceptions next year.
Brett or Aaron.

I'm voting Brett.

I agree 100% Rodgers will only get the opportunity to throw about 6 or 7 picks before he is out for the season with an injury to his brittle body.

TheEngineer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Bertram said:

Brett or Aaron.

I'm voting Brett.

I agree 100% Rodgers will only get the opportunity to throw about 6 or 7 picks before he is out for the season with an injury to his brittle body.

How do you know he's injury prone? How do you know his broken foot and torn hamstring weren't just freak accidents?

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
favre is going to make the packers more money.
more people are going to watch with favre
favre has more respect.
favre outplays a rod.
favre is more consistent than a rod.
favre is a H.O.F qb!
favre has more expirence.
favre has a better chance of winning.
favre knows the recivers better.
favre knows other defences better.

all in all favre is better than a rod in every aspect and a rod gets to start because he was promised the starting spot!! WTF??

i dont think any job would do that, its just plain stupid.

Stop trying to make sense. You will be banned for it. Dont argue with the pompous ******** on here. They have their heads in between TT's knees 24/7 and it wont matter what you say. They are like children who just want to have their way and now they will do a little dance to try and antagonize you.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Cal2GreenBay said:
Bertram said:

Brett or Aaron.

I'm voting Brett.

How do you know he's injury prone? How do you know his broken foot and torn hamstring weren't just freak accidents?

59 passes, one season ending injury, zero wins.

Do i really need to list Favre's statistics? He aint no Brett Favre. You TT-Fisters got what you wanted. Cant wait to see you get it. Go Brett, go Vikings!!!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
Cal2GreenBay said:
Bertram said:

Brett or Aaron.

I'm voting Brett.

Because they have nothing to do with each other, duh!

TheEngineer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
de_real_deal said:
Cal2GreenBay said:
Bertram said:

Brett or Aaron.

I'm voting Brett.

Do i really need to list Favre's statistics? He aint no Brett Favre. You TT-Fisters got what you wanted. Cant wait to see you get it. Go Brett, go Vikings!!!

Thanks for those statistics. Too bad they have nothing to do with my comment though. Again, the question is, how do you know that his injuries weren't just bad luck rather than being injury prone? Sure, he may be injury prone. Favre almost got wiped off the radar for his hip problem but luckily Wolf overruled the doctors. What if Favre was deemed too fragile to play? What a world that would be!

Anubis

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It truly is amusing that so many of you feel the need to pledge your allegiance on a forum created and named for fans of the very team you are pledging allegiance to. Seriously, can't you all just be fans of the franchise and allow yourselves to blame the GM, QB or whomever else when they screw up in your opinion?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It truly is amusing that so many of you feel the need to pledge your allegiance on a forum created and named for fans of the very team you are pledging allegiance to. Seriously, can't you all just be fans of the franchise and allow yourselves to blame the GM, QB or whomever else when they screw up in your opinion?

We do.

I know I do.

The GM has made mistakes(adrian klemm, taco wallace. really?)

the QB has made mistakes(um...this)

What's your point again?

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
We do.

I know I do.

The GM has made mistakes(adrian klemm, taco wallace. really?)

the QB has made mistakes(um...this)

What's your point again?

Some things never change, do they? :roll:

Don't worry, logic will survive way past your death.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
TheEngineer said:
de_real_deal said:
Cal2GreenBay said:
Bertram said:

Brett or Aaron.

I'm voting Brett.

Thanks for those statistics. Too bad they have nothing to do with my comment though. Again, the question is, how do you know that his injuries weren't just bad luck rather than being injury prone? Sure, he may be injury prone. Favre almost got wiped off the radar for his hip problem but luckily Wolf overruled the doctors. What if Favre was deemed too fragile to play? What a world that would be!

I hate the injury prone tag too..

The broken foot was the result of being STEPPED on...But yet he played rest of the game.

The hammy, I will say maybe?

but to be labeled injury prone/china doll IMO is wrong.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:
I say if Brett goes to another team, he will not be the star. He will be regulated to being a back up or part timer.

Thats about the dumbest thing ive heard in this forum all day and considering the ignorance in the beginning of this thread, you should be "honored".

You should feel honored. You took the lead by saying this:

[quote="de_real_deal]
+1, he has made a lot of good moves but for now **** ted!!
couldnt agree more...Shoulda shown brett respect by not disregarding his message while on vacation and should have went after randy...

GO Vikes!

What he said [/quote]

IronMan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
de_real_deal said:

There is no reason for that. PackerChick is one of the nicest people on this forum.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Greg C. said:
Here's a little nugget from Peter King, from April 8th. My, how times have changed. And it was just last week that Favre said, "It's all rumor." There's some kind of deception going on here. Maybe self-deception.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2008/football/nfl/04/04/favre.denial/

This was posted April 4th..Supposedly a few days after Ted and Mm were going accept him back out of retirement..It became an article when King got word that Brett was looking to play again, but according to Brett he was not looking to play again..

So we have a report that there were rumors of Brett wanting to play, and Glazer reporting that Ted and Mm wanted Brett back at that time.

Interesting quote
Ninety-nine percent of what he said in a 20-minute conversation was very much about football being in the rearview mirror. And he certainly would not want the Packers or any other team to line up, hoping he'd change his mind in August and come in to save a sorry quarterback situation.

dd80forever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i wonder what everyone will say if brett wins the sb with another team, or if he is in our devision and pick our d apart at least 2 times a year.

it not about being a packer fan or favre fan its about whats the smartest thing to do.

its like saying you find a $5000 car for $3000 but later you find a $10000 car for $3000 but you go with the first choice because you told the guy you where going to buy his car.

a rod stays the starting qb because he was promised, WTF?? favre is the better player so he should play. the best man should take the job and brett is the best guy.

Best Post Ever!

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair said:
i wonder what everyone will say if brett wins the sb with another team, or if he is in our devision and pick our d apart at least 2 times a year.

it not about being a packer fan or favre fan its about whats the smartest thing to do.

its like saying you find a $5000 car for $3000 but later you find a $10000 car for $3000 but you go with the first choice because you told the guy you where going to buy his car.

a rod stays the starting qb because he was promised, WTF?? favre is the better player so he should play. the best man should take the job and brett is the best guy.

Best Post Ever!

Interesting analogy. But Fav-re isn't a $10k for $3k. He is a $10k car for $7k. Plus you have to give it constant attention or it will quit, and it will likely only be around for another year, as opposed to the ten years the $5k car has left in him.

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Profizzle99 said:
Favre committed to quit and broke it
TT committed to Rodgers and will keep it

favre never quit because he never turned in his retirement papers and in his conference he didnt say i dont want to play he said i think i dont want to play.

And Clinton =never had "sex" with an intern. Now you are arguing semantics.

He retired. He held a press conference about it, he informed the league and the Packers of his decision, and he was placed on the retirement roster.

Members online

Latest posts