Favre asked to be released

NodakPaul

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Wow. This is NOT what I expected from Fav-re. Way to screw the Packers Fav-re.

One thing positive that comes out of this, the reactions I have seen show that there are lot more Packer fans than Fav-re fans.

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is the news I hear when I first wake up? Really?

Where do I begin...

Well I'm shocked. I'm shocked Favre is doing this.

First...why did he retire in the first place? I declared I wanted him back minutes after the Giants debacle. He had a very good year and there was no physical reason for him to retire. Also, he had to have known, that if he retired, around June\July, he was going to get the itch. Everyone knew he would. When you're doing the same thing for 20 years, and you're changing it up on the 21st, it's gonna be a little weird. Why did he retire in the first place? Ted Thompson, right? ...

Why did Brett lie to us? One of the reasons I love the Packers and the reason I love Favre is because supposedly he's a straight shooter, an honest 'aw shucks' type of guy. He ain't gonna BS ya. Well...he did.

He said he'd never play in another uniform. He will.
He said he'd never play again. He will.

Favre made a huge withdrawal from the first bank of lies.

No matter how you look at it now, Aaron Rodgers is our quarterback. Get on board or keep your mouth shut.

That post was highly anticipated by some of us most of the day.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i wonder what everyone will say if brett wins the sb with another team, or if he is in our devision and pick our d apart at least 2 times a year.

it not about being a packer fan or favre fan its about whats the smartest thing to do.

its like saying you find a $5000 car for $3000 but later you find a $10000 car for $3000 but you go with the first choice because you told the guy you where going to buy his car.

a rod stays the starting qb because he was promised, WTF?? favre is the better player so he should play. the best man should take the job and brett is the best guy.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well If I were Favre I will ask for a chance to play..

LET THE BEST MAN BE THE QB... He will win 100% sure IMHO.

Or:

I will wait for 15 minutes until AR get IR and I will be the starting QB..

CONGRATS TEDDY YOU GOT YOUR WISH !!!!! Just remember BE CAREFULL ON WHAT YOU WISH AS YOU MIGHT GET IT....

Now Teddy will either be remmebered as the man who sent Brett packing when he was done or as the Idiot who will allways be remembered in disgrace...

You sure do pick your spots well.

The Great Cleansing has begun.

screwballl

Cheesehead
Reaction score

One thing positive that comes out of this, the reactions I have seen show that there are lot more Packer fans than Fav-re fans.

I would say the number is pretty even... there are a LOT of Favre fans that are fans of other teams... I have met so many people that talk to me here in FL seeing my Green Bay hat (year round) asking about Favre or whats coming up this next year and so on... even if they are fans of other teams, one major subject they always mention is they love watching him play...

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
This is the news I hear when I first wake up? Really?

Where do I begin...

Well I'm shocked. I'm shocked Favre is doing this.

First...why did he retire in the first place? I declared I wanted him back minutes after the Giants debacle. He had a very good year and there was no physical reason for him to retire. Also, he had to have known, that if he retired, around June\July, he was going to get the itch. Everyone knew he would. When you're doing the same thing for 20 years, and you're changing it up on the 21st, it's gonna be a little weird. Why did he retire in the first place? Ted Thompson, right? ...

Why did Brett lie to us? One of the reasons I love the Packers and the reason I love Favre is because supposedly he's a straight shooter, an honest 'aw shucks' type of guy. He ain't gonna BS ya. Well...he did.

He said he'd never play in another uniform. He will.
He said he'd never play again. He will.

Favre made a huge withdrawal from the first bank of lies.

No matter how you look at it now, Aaron Rodgers is our quarterback. Get on board or keep your mouth shut.

That post was highly anticipated by some of us most of the day.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
favre is going to make the packers more money.
more people are going to watch with favre
favre has more respect.
favre outplays a rod.
favre is more consistent than a rod.
favre is a H.O.F qb!
favre has more expirence.
favre has a better chance of winning.
favre knows the recivers better.
favre knows other defences better.

all in all favre is better than a rod in every aspect and a rod gets to start because he was promised the starting spot!! WTF??

i dont think any job would do that, its just plain stupid.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
NodakPaul said:

I would say the number is pretty even... there are a LOT of Favre fans that are fans of other teams... I have met so many people that talk to me here in FL seeing my Green Bay hat (year round) asking about Favre or whats coming up this next year and so on... even if they are fans of other teams, one major subject they always mention is they love watching him play...

Sure there are a lot of Favre fans in the world but on here there are a lot more Greenbay Packer fans. Being just a Favre fan is like saying you are a Robert DeNero fan. It's the whole star thing and loving to watch him act.
Favre is a great player and it's been fun watching him play on the team I'm devoted too but he isn't the team. He is just a part.

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aaron will have better numbers than Bett will have next year.

Aaron will have more T.D's, Less Int's, will rush for more yards, and have a higher QB Rating.

The Packers will still be playing in the playoffs next year while Brett will be leaving his team hanging about whether he is returning for 2009 while he secretly hints through Bus Cook that they need to trade for Randy Moss if he will play another year.

He will also chew up and spit out another GM before he finally is finished.

DGB454

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Jennings85 said:
tromadz said:
Until he gets injured......He should keep his mouth shut.

That didn't make any sense. Thanks for playing.
I realize simple logic doesn't make sense to you.....

To be honest I didn't get it either. Rodgers should keep his mouth shut till he get's injured? Shouldn't he keep his mouth shut if he get's injured?

PackOne

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Here is a really sensible take from a guy on my blog named philski ...

It’s nothing but selfishness, unfortunately, on Favres’ part. What I told a rather unrepentant Favre fan is that there is no Favre in Team. Unconditional release is not an option.

The packers, I think, are taking the appropriate stand, as posted on their website. Should Favre petition to be re-instated, he will then regain his membership on the team, and management will do what is in the best interest of the team.

I’d hate to play against Favre, but honestly, I don’t think I want him back as full time QB for two more years. The only way he can stay in GB is if he, TT, MM and Aaron Rogers sit down and work out an amicable succession of power from Favre to Rogers, which may involve Favre sitting some games and wrecking that consecutive game streak. But I don’t see that happening.

I agree with Barkley, it’s sad what he’s doing to the GB franchise and fans who have supported him through thick and thin - drug dependency, family members’ deaths, wifes’ cancer, a few poor years of football - and then to retire and go back on your word, it’s just poor form to do that to your fan base. Surely there is life after football.

Apologies for the rant. I now live in Alabama, and beyond my wife there’s no one really to talk about this with.

I invited him to come on over...that's a good take on things.

CalifPacker

Cheesehead
Reaction score
My opinion...

Let Brett Favre go. Move on. If he wants to re-neg his retirement, fine. Do it somewhere else. As great as he was I don't think he has much left in him.

Bye Brett. Good luck.

DarkaneRules

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am in your camp CalifPacker. To be honest, I really don't care if he comes to another team and beats us with them. Like you guys I watched years of bad games with the Packers with Brett around so I can stand to have some growing pains with Rodgers. Go Pack Go!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why is brett to blame?

1. Brett wants to play football.
2. Brett wanted to play for the Packers
3. Packers do not want Brett anymore

So what is Brett supposed to do? The guy is entitled to do what he wants, earn a living, and that is through football if he is good enough (we know he is..)

He wants to play football. Why begrudge him that if that is what he wants to do? The Packers are causing the request for release and need to play for another team.

Speaking of which, do you think the Phones are ringing off the hook on Lombardi Ave. from other teams looking for a quickie trade?

Furthermore, I will be upset if the Packers release him. way too much value just to release. Tell us who you want to play for Brett and we will work with those teams on a trade.

brett is to blame because he friggin LIED!!!!! no matter WHAT tt or mm did, he was a packer - one of the best qb's EVER - how the hell could a bit of a slight by tt or mm drag his **** out of green bay??? i'm sorry but i just don't buy it. if i'm brett favre - NOBODY but NOBODY'S shovin my butt out of the best place to play football until I'M friggin good & ready!!!! his ego got in the way - plain & simple. i'm sad & pissed as hell all at the same time. :-?

Raider Pride

Cheesehead
Reaction score
trippster said:
Why is brett to blame?

So what is Brett supposed to do? The guy is entitled to do what he wants, earn a living, and that is through football if he is good enough (we know he is..)

He wants to play football. Why begrudge him that if that is what he wants to do? The Packers are causing the request for release and need to play for another team.

Speaking of which, do you think the Phones are ringing off the hook on Lombardi Ave. from other teams looking for a quickie trade?

Furthermore, I will be upset if the Packers release him. way too much value just to release. Tell us who you want to play for Brett and we will work with those teams on a trade.

brett is to blame because he friggin LIED!!!!! no matter WHAT tt or mm did, he was a packer - one of the best qb's EVER - how the hell could a bit of a slight by tt or mm drag his **** out of green bay??? i'm sorry but i just don't buy it. if i'm brett favre - NOBODY but NOBODY'S shovin my butt out of the best place to play football until I'M friggin good & ready!!!! his ego got in the way - plain & simple. i'm sad & pissed as hell all at the same time. :-?

Wow... I have never seen this rough side of you. I am kind of turned on.

Do you have hand cuffs?

J.K.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
funny how it takes someone over 10 years to be a nation hero and only 5 words to be the nations most hated person

You're a moron. TEAM DOES NOT WANT HIM. HE WANTS TO PLAY. WHAT THE **** IS HE SUPPOSED TO DO?

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am officially embarssed to be a Packers fan due to this board's reaction alone. This is pathetic.

The guy played 16 years for you, gave it his all. Played in GB year after year. Brought god knows how many FA's to GB. Played with broken bones and concussions. Had ONE losing season.

It's one thing to have the view that Rodgers is the future and you don't want Favre back. Thats a valid view and that is what the Packers are saying. Why are you saying these comments like "******" and "i will never forive you" and "don't let the door hit you on the way out", etc. People saying that are the most spoiled fans in the world. You got an unbelievable talent that played his whole career for you. He wanted to come back (BIG f'n deal - lots of athletes retire and come back - Strahan won a SB that way) and the Packers don't want him, so he's going somewhere else.

Michael Jordan played for the Wizards. Lombardi came back with the Redskins AFTER the Packers. This is unbelievable this reaction. Imagine if Elway retired, wanted to come back and the Broncos had moved on with Griese at the time (that worked out great btw) and the Broncos fans acting like this. This is absurd.

In the end, lets go Packers, AR whether all of us want him or not, is our QB. Let's go Packers and best of luck to Favre, I'll be cheering for you unless your playing the Packers.

Relax everyone. You hate him forever now because he changed his mind? WOW. And its not like he wanted ot play elsewhere, he wanted ot play for the Packers, they didn't want him.

Im with you 100% redsox. The reaction by the people in this thread is pretty disgusting. For the most part it seems to be a bunch of long time closet favre haters and "newer posters". Whatever. My favorite team this year will be whatever team the packers are playing if TT doesnt suck the big one and get Favre back behind center. The guy just wants to play. The packers totally dissed him by not wanting him back especially after the year he just had. What else was he supposed to do? Say ok mr teddy, you dont want me so im just gonna sit on my hands and do nothing. I dont think so.

You people who are dissing Favre. Well, you people are very transparent. Same old TT backers from day one. Kind of expected it but pretty sad to watch how low you will go. Watch and wait. This is a 6-7 win team AT BEST with A-Rod behind center the next 2 years.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Raider Pride said:
trippster said:
Why is brett to blame?

Wow... I have never seen this rough side of you. I am kind of turned on.

Do you have hand cuffs?

J.K.

Im kinda sad it brought this out of her...thats how messed up this situation is. thanks brett. you either should have not retired...or stayed retired. you did this. you.

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
joe_smoe said:
Jennings85 said:
umair said:
i dont think its that favre does not want to play for the packers, i think its that the packers dont want favre. hell, if i was in teds shoes i would be doing everything i can right now to make brett play again. the packers said that they would like to move on without favre. if he wants to play he has every right to play. dont blame him blame the organization. they are not showing any interest in wanting him back. would you want to play for a team that does not want you?
Exactly, Ted's a ****ing moron. Favre's one of the best QB's in the league and he doesn't accept him back. **** Ted. Go Favre! I hope you win the SB in another uniform!

+1, he has made a lot of good moves but for now **** ted!!
couldnt agree more...Shoulda shown brett respect by not disregarding his message while on vacation and should have went after randy...

GO Vikes!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

What he said

de_real_deal

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packer_backer said:
i'll laugh when favre takes another team deep into the playoffs, while the packers go 7-9.

If they combine for 7 wins in the next 2 years i will be impressed

Members online

Latest posts