Favre asked to be released

mateus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am officially embarssed to be a Packers fan due to this board's reaction alone. This is pathetic.

The guy played 16 years for you, gave it his all. Played in GB year after year. Brought god knows how many FA's to GB. Played with broken bones and concussions. Had ONE losing season.

It's one thing to have the view that Rodgers is the future and you don't want Favre back. Thats a valid view and that is what the Packers are saying. Why are you saying these comments like "******" and "i will never forive you" and "don't let the door hit you on the way out", etc. People saying that are the most spoiled fans in the world. You got an unbelievable talent that played his whole career for you. He wanted to come back (BIG f'n deal - lots of athletes retire and come back - Strahan won a SB that way) and the Packers don't want him, so he's going somewhere else.

Michael Jordan played for the Wizards. Lombardi came back with the Redskins AFTER the Packers. This is unbelievable this reaction. Imagine if Elway retired, wanted to come back and the Broncos had moved on with Griese at the time (that worked out great btw) and the Broncos fans acting like this. This is absurd.

In the end, lets go Packers, AR whether all of us want him or not, is our QB. Let's go Packers and best of luck to Favre, I'll be cheering for you unless your playing the Packers.

Relax everyone. You hate him forever now because he changed his mind? WOW. And its not like he wanted ot play elsewhere, he wanted ot play for the Packers, they didn't want him.
hate is a big word mate,
montreal canadiens fans felt off about guy lafleur moving on to another team after god knows how many seasons and god knows how many stanley cups.
im sure yankee fans would feel the same with respect to A rod and what not.
its a sad situation and it really is blown up because it is the green bay packers and it is brett favre. im hoping it gets settled soon.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is too depressing,every one loved him, he did so much for the packers and he gets a slap in the face by the packers, F*CK.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
i dont think its that favre does not want to play for the packers, i think its that the packers dont want favre. hell, if i was in teds shoes i would be doing everything i can right now to make brett play again. the packers said that they would like to move on without favre. if he wants to play he has every right to play. dont blame him blame the organization. they are not showing any interest in wanting him back. would you want to play for a team that does not want you?
Exactly, Ted's a ***edited** moron. Favre's one of the best QB's in the league and he doesn't accept him back.**edited** Ted. Go Favre! I hope you win the SB in another uniform!

mateus

Cheesehead
Reaction score
this is too depressing,every one loved him, he did so much for the packers and he gets a slap in the face by the packers, F*CK.
who slapped who though?
to me both shot themselves in the foot in the dark and are blaming the other.

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair said:
i dont think its that favre does not want to play for the packers, i think its that the packers dont want favre. hell, if i was in teds shoes i would be doing everything i can right now to make brett play again. the packers said that they would like to move on without favre. if he wants to play he has every right to play. dont blame him blame the organization. they are not showing any interest in wanting him back. would you want to play for a team that does not want you?
Exactly, Ted's a ****ing moron. Favre's one of the best QB's in the league and he doesn't accept him back. **** Ted. Go Favre! I hope you win the SB in another uniform!

+1, he has made a lot of good moves but for now **** ted!!

umair

Cheesehead
Reaction score
umair said:
Exactly, Ted's a ****ing moron. Favre's one of the best QB's in the league and he doesn't accept him back. **** Ted. Go Favre! I hope you win the SB in another uniform!

+1, he has made a lot of good moves but for now **** him!!

bigbyfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I want Brett to step up and make a public announcement. If he want's to play, fine go right ahead. Just be man enough to come out and say it.

RedSoxExcel

Cheesehead
Reaction score
joe smoe...name says it all.

We passed on Moss to retain our very talented WRs.

The team is called the GB Packers...when they are the "Favre's" your point might make sense.

Yeah...TT has built,built and built...to the point we made it to the NFC Championship game. You act as if we went 4 - 12 last year!!

A game, I might point out, that Favre looked disinclined to be a part of when he rolled out of the tunnel. Dude looked more concerned about his frosted tootsies than the Giants.

There is a potential uncapped year looming....a year or years that will require small market teams to be financially smart. Sadly for you, TT has and entire TEAM's interests at heart, and cares about this year and beyond....something most fans do not grasp or care about.

Ciao........shed a few tears for Brett in your beer this weekend

I agree with you. It is TT's team, he cna do whatever he wants. Nothing I can change. It's his decision ot make it. I don't like it but I have to live with it. I get that.

I just don't get the Favre bashing. He gave you 16 years of blood and sweat. And now he's your enemy because he CHANGED HIS MIND. He still wants to play for the Packers, they don't want him. Why hate him. Jordan changed his mind, everyone in Chicago still loves him. Lombardi came back with the Redskins, does anyone even realize that?

And I hate (unrelated to this above quote) how everyone disregards Favre's season last year. We were 13-3 and then Favre blew it. Do you realize hte amount of games were Favre put hte team on his back. SEATTLE F'N SEAHAWKS, 14-0 WITH MINS IN AND THEN FAVRE LED 6 STRAIGHT TD DRIVES. If your going to blame him for the Giants on one player, then give him credit for games too.

Greg C.

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am officially embarssed to be a Packers fan due to this board's reaction alone. This is pathetic.

The guy played 16 years for you, gave it his all. Played in GB year after year. Brought god knows how many FA's to GB. Played with broken bones and concussions. Had ONE losing season.

It's one thing to have the view that Rodgers is the future and you don't want Favre back. Thats a valid view and that is what the Packers are saying. Why are you saying these comments like "******" and "i will never forive you" and "don't let the door hit you on the way out", etc. People saying that are the most spoiled fans in the world. You got an unbelievable talent that played his whole career for you. He wanted to come back (BIG f'n deal - lots of athletes retire and come back - Strahan won a SB that way) and the Packers don't want him, so he's going somewhere else.

Michael Jordan played for the Wizards. Lombardi came back with the Redskins AFTER the Packers. This is unbelievable this reaction. Imagine if Elway retired, wanted to come back and the Broncos had moved on with Griese at the time (that worked out great btw) and the Broncos fans acting like this. This is absurd.

In the end, lets go Packers, AR whether all of us want him or not, is our QB. Let's go Packers and best of luck to Favre, I'll be cheering for you unless your playing the Packers.

Relax everyone. You hate him forever now because he changed his mind? WOW. And its not like he wanted ot play elsewhere, he wanted ot play for the Packers, they didn't want him.

I agree with you even though I didn't want Favre back. Hopefully people will calm down soon. Right now, they feel like they just got dumped by their girlfriend. I don't think Favre is betraying the Packers or that he's a liar. He just changed his mind. People do that sometimes.

I don't care if they release him. I'd hate to see him go to the Vikings or Bears, but if that's what he wants to do, let him go there. When his agent says that Favre deserves an unconditional release, I think he may have a good point. Thompson may explore some trade options, but I'm guessing he will be eager to put this whole mess behind us quickly, and the easy way to do that would be by granting Favre his release, as requested.

OP
OP
W

wils0646

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings85 said:
umair said:

+1, he has made a lot of good moves but for now **** him!!

Why? Because Favre completely forced his hand? The Packers had to do this. If Favre comes back this year, AR is GONE. No way he's suiting up for the Packers in the future. What happens beyond next year? What? We don't have a QB then.

uwbadger12000

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I would trade him and not release him. I would **** him him off by trading him to a team like the Falcons or something. But, I would NOT, release him.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why? Because Favre completely forced his hand? The Packers had to do this. If Favre comes back this year, AR is GONE. No way he's suiting up for the Packers in the future. What happens beyond next year? What? We don't have a QB then.
Are you serious? So you throw away a chance at a Suberbowl Ring this year because you're afraid of losing a QB who has proven nothing? And in doing so, you reject one of the best QB's of all time? I can't believe how ****ing stupid people are. BRETT FAVRE!!!!!!!!!

joe_smoe

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Jennings85 said:
umair said:

+1, he has made a lot of good moves but for now **** ted!!
couldnt agree more...Shoulda shown brett respect by not disregarding his message while on vacation and should have went after randy...

GO Vikes!

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

4brett4eva

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am from Ky and maybe I don't know anything, but I thought this was the only fan-owned team. Why can't something be done about this? I want Brett back as a Packer it's where he belongs! If enough of the fans(I don't know if they do) want him back, can't TT be coerced into bringing Brett back? Just a country girl's dream?

porky88

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So much going on in this thread and a lot of it is pretty ridiculous.

Look I'm upset with all this and if I were Ted Thompson I would of went for it with Favre this year because the window is very small when it comes too Super Bowls. With that said I hardly believe Green Bay is giving up on 2008. I don't buy that for a second. They think they can win with Rodgers and I'm not doubting them.

Eli Manning a year ago was the most hated person in New York period. Now he's a fan favorite. Remember that.

I'm not saying the Packers are going too win the Super Bowl. I don't know but I think they'll make the playoffs. I thought that two months ago and none of this is going too change my mind. Once you're in the playoffs anything is possible. The last three Super Bowl champions played on that first weekend of the playoffs and didn't have a bye. Two of them won on the road 4 times in a row too win the Super Bowl.

So I'm supposed to believe that 2008 is done over and I should plan for 2009 or 2010 instead. This is the NFL remember.

As for Randy Moss debacle.

I wanted Moss as well. I wanted him before the start of 07 and I wanted him when he was a free agent this past year.

With that said if Favre retired because TT didn't run the team the way Favre wanted too, I just don't get it. Favre is not the GM. He's not the coach. He's a player. Players don't tell GM's how too run the organization. The team went 13-3 last year and their free agent signing was Frank Walker.

You want too blame Ted Thompson for Favre wanting out then ok that's probably true but Ted Thompson is not the bad guy for wanting too build this team the way he's done it. So far it has worked and for Favre to want out because Thompson continues the same approach that got them as far as they did a year ago is just plain ridiculous on Favre's part.

I don't buy that for a minute. If that's the case then I don't know what too think. I think he retired because his emotions were running high after the Giants game. He worked so hard all year more than ever and he still didn't reach the Super Bowl. That's why he retired. I'll take his word.

People telling Favre to stick it or call him whatever you are. Come on now. It's obvious that the Packers don't want Favre to be their QB and that's why Favre wants his release. If Green Bay wanted Favre, he would play for the Packers. If Favre wants to keep playing then let him go elsewhere.

Johnny Unitas as a Charger is laughing at anyone who thinks Favre playing elsewhere will tarnish his legacy.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1. He said he would never want to wear another uniform
2. He lied when he said it was all rumours
3. He's putting the organization in a horrible situation by retiring and then unretiring
4. He's demanding to be released

He's tarnishing his legacy as a Packer in my eyes, putting himself first over the organization and being selfish. Also in the process putting Green Bay in a horrible situation.

I support the organization 100% in this situation. No player is bigger than the Green Bay Packers itself. I thank him for everything he's done for the Packers in the past, but now he's jut being a ******.

I Hope the door hits him in the *** on his way out.

MassPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bus Cook needs a punch in the face. Gosh golly gee, Ted, do you think you would just let Favre go all friendly like so that he can play for whatever team he wants? Pfffffttt... this is a business pal, and you know it because you have made your living off of it and other people's talents. Go walk off a cliff. I say we do a trade or nothing. There is no way we should release him.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He's tarnishing his legacy as a Packer in my eyes, putting himself first over the organization and being selfish. Also in the process putting Green Bay in a horrible situation.

I support the organization 100% in this situation. No player is bigger than the Green Bay Packers itself. I thank him for everything he's done for the Packers in the past, but now he's jut being a ******.

Are you serious? You're calling Favre selfish for wanting to play football? He wants to play for the Packers, but they don't want him, so he wants the chance to play for someone else. WTF don't you understand about this? Ted's a ****ing moron for not wanting to win, simply put. On to a injury filled suckfest that is Rodgers.

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bertram said:

Are you serious? You're calling Favre selfish for wanting to play football? He wants to play for the Packers, but they don't want him, so he wants the chance to play for someone else. WTF don't you understand about this? Ted's a ****ing moron for not wanting to win, simply put. On to a injury filled suckfest that is Rodgers.

No I am calling him selfish for first retiring and then unretiring trying to force the team to adjust back to him after moving on without him.

Btw, Ted Thompson has built a pretty damn good team and helped Brett Favre succeed last season, so don't question his will to win, and mind your language will you?

Bertram

Cheesehead
Reaction score
packer_backer said:
i'll laugh when favre takes another team deep into the playoffs, while the packers go 7-9.

well then you should have named yourself favre_backer, because you are certainly no Packerbacker.

Title Town USA

Cheesehead
Reaction score
No I am calling him selfish for first retiring and then unretiring trying to force the team to adjust back to him after moving on without him.
yeah I've never heard of someone changing their mind before. Weird.....All this crap about moving on w/out him is a complete joke. Favre wasn't even required to come to minicaps before in years past so it shouldn't even matter he wasnt' there this year. It's a cop-out for Ted to say he wants to disrespect Favre.

Members online

Latest posts