Favre Announcement Contest

Packnic

Cheesehead
Reaction score
May 2nd No Announcement. Shows up at camp and every sports reporter in america will be there to announce it for him. and if there is a mention he will be splittin time with a-rod.. you can bet he will retire.

i feel lucky. Come on back brett. just do it on may 2nd.... braggin rights mean a lot to me

PackwillBEback

Cheesehead
Reaction score
4thand26 said:
So far only 1 person thinks he is retiring. What a bomb shell that would be.

Expcet the worst...I am a Cubs fan too...the one time I was optimistic was after game 4 of the NLCS in 2003...the Cubs lost 3 games in a row. Never again with optimism.

PWT36

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This very long time, Green Bay born Packer fan still sticks by his January '05 prediction of two more years for Favre in Green Bay, as starting GB QB.

After seeing him on his TV news conference at his Celebrity Golf news conference in Ms. I maintain my prediction. He still loves the game too much and "can't pull the trigger" on retirement.

I would think the Packer announcement comcerning Favre's decision will be made at 1:00 pm CDT on Thursday, May 4, 2005, one day before Packers Mini camp begins.

But I would not bet the "Family Farm, if I had one, on the time or the decision.

Having said all of the above, it would not shock me to see him retire. Nothing that happens would surprise me after the very long "circus like " media driven Brett Favre retirement saga.

Aceschnd

Cheesehead
Reaction score
May 1st he'll announce he's comin back for another year. In early Feb 2007 after winning the superbowl, he'll announce his retirement. (I just went back and read page 2 of this thread and realize somebody already wrote that, but I don't care)

4thand26

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Aceschnd said:
May 1st he'll announce he's comin back for another year. In early Feb 2007 after winning the superbowl, he'll announce his retirement. (I just went back and read page 2 of this thread and realize somebody already wrote that, but I don't care)

You should go to Las Vegas and bet some money on the Feb 2007 SB thing. If you are right, you will probably be able to retire on the odds that you could get.

Members online

Latest posts