Favre and Packer image tarnished

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
well hes making our front office look like pushovers...

so..i guess i have no brain

Favres indecision+Javons threatening retirement is making GB look like pushovers.

why cant people see that.

So far GB is handling both things well. I dont agree with what theyre doing (I would have given him a deadline, and they would have said i was disrespecting a legend by doing that...thank god im not the GM!)

Javon...im curious how that will play out.

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
How can Javon holding out make TT look like a pushover when TT has not budged? It makes no sense.

TT is awaiting Brett's decision patiently cause he has to. If he thought he was holding this team back he could issue a set in stone deadline. I am sure he wants a decision, but not at the chance of pushing Brett out the door. I am sure TT, unlike you obviously, understands that Brett is at a fork in the road in his life and would want to give him all the time he needs to make the decision best for him.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
yes, TT has not budged(yet). will he? I dont know. You might think you know everything, but I dont.

Part of me wants TT to stand pat, not trade him and give him what he wants(that sends a BAD message to players, that you can cry and whine and threaten your way out of a city easilly)

and Part of me wants Javon the possible cancer off the team.

I am glad I dont have to make these decisions, and whichever one TT does, hes going to get bashed!

the whole situation sucks, and saddens me.

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
I think TT should have given him a token raise...like say 500k for this year in good faith of continuing success with the Packers....

may have changed Javon's attitude a bit...and wouldn't have cost very much...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
P@ck66 said:
I think TT should have given him a token raise...like say 500k for this year in good faith of continuing success with the Packers....

may have changed Javon's attitude a bit...and wouldn't have cost very much...

I completely agree. It's not like we don't have the freaking money. He's our top weapon, throw some coin to the man and hope he recovers 100% and PRAYYYYYYYYYYYYY he can make Rodgers look like a better QB and that is not a intended slight on Rodgers, more of a compliment towards Walker.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
do you think 500k would have made him happy? or would he have thought of that as even more of a slap to the face?

This is Walker we're talking about...

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Hey..

at least it's something...then he be making what..? 1.1 mil this year going into the last year of his contract....?

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
do you think 500k would have made him happy? or would he have thought of that as even more of a slap to the face?

This is Walker we're talking about...

Dude, c'mon. Throw the man 500k and assure him his contract will be redone before the end of the season.

I've met Javon, he's really not a bad guy. The man just wants to be taken care of an he's lacking that from the Packers. That is his FEELING. He is reacting on emotion not rationalism.

Ahman Green took it to the chin. He didn't complain or whine, nothing. That's how it is supposed to be done.

Javon is going about it the wrong way but I believe if given half a mil an assurance his contract would be redone when he proved he was recovered we wouldn't have heard squat from him.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Last year, they said they would look at his contract THIS offseason, and re-do it.

well now javon is just being all types of silly, so who knows whats going to be done now.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
tromadz said:
Last year, they said they would look at his contract THIS offseason, and re-do it.

well now javon is just being all types of silly, so who knows whats going to be done now.

I don't recall that at all. Could you provide an article? I remember the Packers saying that they do not restructure a contract with two years remaining. :shrug:

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
they said it after last years debacle was calmed down.

i dont think articles like that are still up.

does anyone else remember this?

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
digsthepack said:
I am not basing my comments on Sherman's failure to "win it all". I am basing my comments on the horrible home winning percentage; the manner with which his teams lost...embarrassingly mostly...get a lead, go into a shell, lose; the highly predictable offense that MINIMIZED, not maximized, the talents of his HOF QB; the rampant cronyism that was his staff. Hey, given the choice, all things being equal, we would all hire a friend...that is not the problem. The problem was MS's WILLINGNESS to keep proven hacks like Frank Novak and Tom Rossley ([email protected] shudder even mentioning his name // here, here... says IPBprez); his inability to recognize the need to build his defense over a 5 year span; his horrific trading of picks for what could generously be called reaches in the draft; the fact that he was OUTCOACHED BY MIKE TICE TWICE last season; and the list can go on and on and on.......................

Neglect on Defense - horrendous; neglect on using TE's in the Offensive mindset - horrendous... the rest has already been said in this post. Other than "admitting he might have been wrong and may (term used loosely) learn from his mistakes - horrendous (again)... It's called Marty-ball; SchottenHeimer Prevent Mentality... all the way -- they just "have to be" related.

pyledriver80 said:
Oh Bobby, a breath of fresh air! Its funny that people think by Brett making a decisioneither way it is going to change our whole outlook on the future.

Like TT just wokeup yesterday and said "Oh my god, Brett may retire."

If its this year or not, the plan is not going to change. It's so sickening to watch people pile on Brett but they offer nothing as to how this is going to effect anything this season or next.

Just pointed words with no explanation intended to STICK the future HOF'er right in the back.

As far as you Miskito, you would have to be a Packers fan to understand. Its kind of like one of those clubs you can't gain access to. You know its really badass inside but because you can't get in, you're not sure why

The first question I have is - what other Player, anywhere in the NFL, has come out and stated his (uhmmmm) indecision is based on whether or not the Mgmt is (first) going to make things better... with an insinuation of "or else"....???

To me, that's the first part of all this that smells bad. Like it or not, you cannot protect Favre in all this when it's his own words that are driving the current state of the situation. Like it or not - both sides get held accountable. A one year GM shoulders 99.99% of that? How? Why? Especially after last year's commentary by the same QB directed at our Star Wideout... of which almost everyone is now saying the QB was wrong in doing. AND, now the QB is not responding that he might have been wrong last year.

Hey, No one's out there twisting his arm behind his back, or threatening his family in some way. It's his own doing - he 'could have' just stepped up and told the GM and the HC that this ESPN press interview was impending in the next week or so... but didn't. Curious that....

What's more, while I don't agree how the Hutchinson scenario was handled by Green Bay; it appears to have washed itself out to the effect that we were the better Team for not having participated. This GM nonsense has to be given just as much leeway as Ron Wolf was given - he didn't make hay all in the first season, either. I would offer that everyone needs to let TT get the same treatment we all gave Ron Wolf - it's only fair, coming from the fans.

READ BELOW COMMENT ----
digsthepack said:
No, not really, Sherman fell in love with a lot of players who should have been gone long ago, paid too much for far too little as GM, completely ruined any creativity or cohesion on the offensive side of the ball, failed to build a defense over a 5 year period, and hit 2 draft picks in Barnett and Walker while tossing so many picks away in pursuit of that monster sleeper who would validate him as GM.

We can debate the performance of TT..and there is certainly merit to both sides of the argument. But Sherman's performance is there for the viewing, and all told, he did much to bring this team to its current sorry state.

P@ck66 said:
MS sucked because he "sucked"...and didn't know what he was doing...

If he was so great..teams would have been jumping at him to sign him as their HC this year....

The offense sucked because their was no running game or receivers for Favre to throw to...what is so hard about that to comprehend?

But no..go ahead...Let's give TT the farm and relize he too is the wrong guy after 5 or 6 years...

after all...He has a "plan"...

I can certainly sympathize with this comment - it strikes to the core of a unique situation at Lambeau. TT having a plan is waaay better than just sittin' on your thumbs pushing how everyone else is always wrong - if you criticize, have an alternative to present, or step back outta the way. Good quote!

espnpack said:
digsthepack said:
....It has been mentioned by several opponents of the Packers in recent years that the offense was highly predictable because of the specific personnel packages that Sherossley employed. Basically, it was pointed out that Sherossley had 3 or 4 personnel groupings, and in each of those a fairly limited number of formations and motion. By identifying the personnel group, and reflecting on film study to the formations and motion employed in the personnel group, the defense on the field and in the booth pretty much knew what was coming....just like many of us fans.

No need to out-think or out-hustle our offense when the coaches are basically telling the defense what they are going to do. And we now wonder why it was that far too often it appeared that the defense was in our huddle. Remember folks, this is the coach who failed to change our gameplan from only two weeks earlier when we were embarrassed by the Queens in the playoffs. The Queens players and coaches all knew what was coming.

But, hey...they did put up some big stats!!!!

Huh?

If the impassioned display of the knowledge of formations and playbooks and 3 or 4 looks off certain formations and being in our huddle was all there, don't you think it would show up in the stats?

I appreciate your passion, but let's get real here...

That's the part where (as stated earlier in this thread) Favre was covering Sherman's backside, NOT the other way around!

P@ck66

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
IPB said...

"The first question I have is - what other Player, anywhere in the NFL, has come out and stated his (uhmmmm) indecision is based on whether or not the Mgmt is (first) going to make things better... with an insinuation of "or else"....???"

Now C'mon IPB..

What other team in the NFL has a QB (or any other player for that matter) the stature of a Brett Favre..??

If you can recall...Montana, Marino, and Elway had the same stance...and they were able to do so because they had "earned" it and achieved that stature in the NFL and on their respective teams...

I should turn the question around to you and state what other organization in the NFL has treated their future HOF QB so shabbily? TT and MM are the new guys on the block and should be wanting to work WITH Favre for the good of the GB Packers instead of dictating to FAVRE and everyone else..claiming that they have a "plan" but without the same "earned trust" that Favre has/should have by the GB organization and fans of the Packers.

My statement that TT has a "plan" in the previous post was meant to be "ironic"...not sure you got that..

bozz_2006

Cheesehead
Reaction score
nicely done. it's sad that, in most situations, football and non-football related issues, the one who makes the mess is usually not the one left to clean it up. sherman's actions did put us where we are at, and we didn't see it till recently. TT is left to clean it up, and gets most of the flak. and i'm guilty of doing this too. sorry ted, best of luck

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
IPBprez,
I was thinking the same thing. I have NEVER known any player that has made these kinds of demands.

To me it seems a little late for one thing. I mean he has been contemplating retirement for a few years now and it would have made more sense to have done this about three years ago.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
warhawk said:
IPBprez,
I was thinking the same thing. I have NEVER known any player that has made these kinds of demands.

To me it seems a little late for one thing. I mean he has been contemplating retirement for a few years now and it would have made more sense to have done this about three years ago.

yeah

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
warhawk said:
IPBprez,

yeah

i wish brett would never have said some of the things he did. first & foremost would be that he's waiting to see what TT does with the team before he decides to retire or not. that was a huge mistake on his part. saying it out loud was horrible!! but, i can't believe that all of you think he's the first NFL player in history to really FEEL that way. brett may be the only one who said it out loud but i'm willing to bet he's not the first player to think it - barry sanders immediately comes to mind.

do i think we should bash him for saying how he truly feels? no i don't. for those of you saying he's making the packers & the management look bad - sorry but i'm not buying it! obviously by remarks made by quite a few people on here & trommykins' national polls, brett is making HIMSELF look bad. it makes me sad that he made some of the choices he did when speaking to the press but do i hate him for it? hell no! the guy spoke the truth whether any of us likes it or not - period!

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
im not bashing favre. i love favre. im just sad and disappointed. I dont expect my favorite QB to demand such things, and make jokes in poor taste..and not be a team player for a new HC and 2nd year GM, when favre has preacedh teamplay his entire career.

IT makes me a saaaaaad panda
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

4packgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
tromadz said:
im not bashing favre. i love favre. im just sad and disappointed. I dont expect my favorite QB to demand such things, and make jokes in poor taste..and not be a team player for a new HC and 2nd year GM, when favre has preacedh teamplay his entire career.

IT makes me a saaaaaad panda
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

trommykins - you put the panda on there for the awwwwww factor, didn't you?? :wink: :lol:

i hear ya on your comments too. i'm not ready to toss him in the garbage though either. he's a good guy who made some comments that maybe should have been kept to himself - it's a shame but i'm not holding it against him.

IPBprez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
bozz_2006 said:
nicely done. it's sad that, in most situations, football and non-football related issues, the one who makes the mess is usually not the one left to clean it up. sherman's actions did put us where we are at, and we didn't see it till recently. TT is left to clean it up, and gets most of the flak. and i'm guilty of doing this too. sorry ted, best of luck

66 - I got your irony.... I just felt like twisting it into something a bit more positive, rather than have it lean towards insulting.

Nice post Bozz.... You're right Sherman (and Rossley) put us in this chair, for 2005 and on into this Season. Maybe it's fitting that neither are getting "any" Press hardly at all these days.

Having raised a couple of kids, I certainly know how it feels to have to clean up someone else's mess.... and this is a pretty close mirror of that walk-through. It's just waaay more public.

4packgirl said:
but, i can't believe that all of you think he's the first NFL player in history to really FEEL that way. brett may be the only one who said it out loud but i'm willing to bet he's not the first player to think it - Barry Sanders immediately comes to mind.

Good point, but he simply walked away and said he was done with it all.

I'd luv for Favre to come back, find out he's had such a great turn around year, that he changes his mind and plays for yet another year on Lameau Turf.... seriously... I really would!

But, somehow, I just don't see it happening. He will do whatever suits him. Several writers out there have posted that Favre is just pushing the Org to get his easy out, so he can go play somewhere else without going back on his own word.. or at least make it look that way. Might be true.. might not.

All I care is that the Packers don't disappear.... If it's time for a player, then it's time!

One would surely like to be a fly on the wall in the Locker Room while Brett's not around right now, tho'......

pyledriver80

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't know how much you would hear from other players in the locker room. Has Favre not reported for practice? Has he attempted to hold out? Truth is he has not said anything. When it comes time to show up Brett will either be there or not. When he does not report then they can talk.

I mean honestly, do you think that they are worried about it?

Has Ahman Green said anything negative? Driver? Tauscher? A-Rod? Henderson? KGB?

Do you think they are working out different? I mean they could come out and bash him they wanted but it looks like its not as big of an issue to them as it is to the media and fans. It sems some of you are trying to turn this into a Brett vs. Team thing. Do you want this to turn into a TO vs Eagles debacle? When Driver or Green comes out and says "Brett should decide NOW", will there be any evidence of any sort of problem in Packer Land.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts