Favre and Henderson?

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has anyone given this any thought? I was just thinking that Favre and Henderson have been together for a long time. And now that they are both up there in age(although I think Favre can go on forever!) Do you think it is possibile sense these guys were together for so long, that what one of them does influences the other person? The example I am thinking of is that if Favre knows that Henderson is going to retire, do you think that weighs in on Favres decision weather to come back or not? I really think it could. Now it probably isnt the biggest reason. But I think it is one thing that could manipulate Brett.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
No influence once so ever.

If his family doesn't influence him, a player won't either.

Brett said the decision is his to make.

He also said he's going to make it in a couple of weeks.

Reaction score
I think you've got a valid point...

Favre talked about already feeling a bit of an outsider in the locker room with the youth movement, and with Hendo being around as long as he has I'd say Favre had a great connection with him and the two were aging buddies on a youth movement oriented team.

Also, LS Rob Davis has been around for a while now (a decade, no?) and I believe he is also a FA and like 40 years old..... I'm guessing he'd retire too. Some of the older people that Favre could connect with leaving might definitely influence his decision.

OP
OP
A

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Just because the decision is his to make does not mean he can not be influenced

Reaction score

Zero, he also said his daughter is going on to her senior year in highschool then heading off to college, and he wants to spend time with his family (and the younger daughter that is growing up fast, according to Brett)...

I think in the end it comes down to whether Brett's willingness to put in the work before game day still overpowers his desire to spend time with his family (He has been playing for almost 15 seasons, no doubt he's missed out on a lot of watching his children grow). By the looks of the interview, and him saying that (and then saying Hello to his 2 daughters) I get the sense his willingness to do the other stuff that goes on in the week leading up to the game has taken a backseat to his desire to be with his family.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
all about da packers said:

Zero, he also said his daughter is going on to her senior year in highschool then heading off to college, and he wants to spend time with his family (and the younger daughter that is growing up fast, according to Brett)...

I think in the end it comes down to whether Brett's willingness to put in the work before game day still overpowers his desire to spend time with his family (He has been playing for almost 15 seasons, no doubt he's missed out on a lot of watching his children grow). By the looks of the interview, and him saying that (and then saying Hello to his 2 daughters) I get the sense his willingness to do the other stuff that goes on in the week leading up to the game has taken a backseat to his desire to be with his family.

You don't put things together too well do you?

I'll admit, I was, to say it generously, 98% he was playing one final year. His emotions have me questioning the confidence I had.

Then I recall his past comments about retirement. He doesn't want to walk away with talent left in the tank. He wants to walk away before he's 'over the hill' but doesn't want to leave a year or two left.

As he has said. His tractor will always be there. Football won't.

His daughter is graduating this year. Then going to college. I'm not genius, or anything. Not saying I am. But he's already missed all of her high school. What's what more year to make a run if Ted an company pull some Free Agents an players together for a SB run? To tap out his talent? To go out like a champion? Not that he cares much, but he has said he thinks about it. The records. He won't play JUST TO GET THE RECORDS, but think about it. If he has a solid team, a realistic chance for a SB and the talent in himself.

Why walk away? To see his daughter move out and move into a dorm room?

Heck, maybe I can't put things together well.

You don't have the benefit to hear an read his every word. I do. And when everything is added up. I see him playing next season. Each time I see that interview, I look into his squinting eyes that are swelling up. I second guess that confidence and recall the times he says the team has improved, but its not where it should be.

edit, Henderson has ZERO bearing on him retiring. ZERO. NONE. He's said its lonely, but it gives him time to do other things so he enjoys it. He's also a very likeable guy who loves telling stories and new guys give him a chance to re-tell his stories over to new guys. He likes that.

Reaction score
Zero, taking pics with the o-line, Driver carrying him before the interview, I just think it isn't normal for them to do that if they were unsure of Brett coming back.

Screw what other's say, Brett is a team man and I believe he'd have told his teammates of his intentions, something like "hey guys, this is probably gonna be my last game, thanks for the memories" or something and I think that had a big effect on what we saw today; a group of people putting it all out on the line for their leader.

Thanks for the daughter comment, I wasn't quite sure but he did say "I wanna spend time with them now", so I do think it factors in somewhat. Ultimately though, the thing that gets me more and more is that Brett said he'd decide in two weeks; well if he is unsure (like he said in the interview; games like yesterday make the decision very hard) then he'll retire. It's gonna be an all or nothing mindset with Brett.

This gets me choked up thinking about it.....

Gosh, what a legacy though.

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
all about da packers said:
Zero, taking pics with the o-line, Driver carrying him before the interview, I just think it isn't normal for them to do that if they were unsure of Brett coming back.

Screw what other's say, Brett is a team man and I believe he'd have told his teammates of his intentions, something like "hey guys, this is probably gonna be my last game, thanks for the memories" or something and I think that had a big effect on what we saw today; a group of people putting it all out on the line for their leader.

Thanks for the daughter comment, I wasn't quite sure but he did say "I wanna spend time with them now", so I do think it factors in somewhat. Ultimately though, the thing that gets me more and more is that Brett said he'd decide in two weeks; well if he is unsure (like he said in the interview; games like yesterday make the decision very hard) then he'll retire. It's gonna be an all or nothing mindset with Brett.

This gets me choked up thinking about it.....

Gosh, what a legacy though.

Did Brett do the fireman carry last season? No. If he had, Driver would have done it then as well.

I understand the reading into these things, but you have to recall the Seahawks home game that ended 2005. It's not that much dissimilar.

The pictures and instensity of his emotion were the difference and that has removed some of my confidence of saying he will play next season.

Gee. When I add it all up, it doesn't make sense to call it a career yet. Everything has gone as he said it would need to for him to continue another year.

Reaction score
Yeah I agree about everything going as it should have....

You can't help but look at the possibilities that exist with 2-3 impact draft players coming in and the option of adding a talent like Gonzalez

Add in a WR filled with potential in K-Rob, and Gregorious the young stud, and up and comers like Holliday and Martin I really think he'd be excited because this has the potential to be the deepest crops he has ever had to work with...

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
This is something to keep in mind.

"to win their final four games and finish 8-8, teammates, opponents and even Favre’s own family have said that they see no reason why he should retire."

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
“I see no signs of Brett leaving, honestly,” Packers linebacker Nick Barnett said recently. “He hasn’t told us. I think if it was his last game, he would have told us. I see him coming back. Especially with so much potential we have coming into this next year.”

Zero2Cool

I own a website
Reaction score
“They’ve been a little quieter this year, but I’m sure they want me to play for the most part,” Favre said on Friday. “From the outside looking in, even from the family standpoint, it’s easy to say, ’Aw, go back and play.’ Because as with most people, you really see the three hours of enjoyment or whatever — the game. You don’t really see all the other stuff.”

So will he be back? Favre insists he really doesn’t know.

“In some ways, I felt like, ’Yeah, why not give it another shot?“’ Favre said. “In other ways, most ways, I’ve done a lot in this game, have had a lot of success individually and as a team that there’s nothing left really out there for me. And I know sometimes people say, ’Come back and go out on top,’ or all that stuff. But what if you don’t?”

Staff online

Members online

Latest posts