Favre Already Under Contract With Vikings?

News Bot

News Bot
Reaction score
As we prepare to join the NBC family, we’re making a conscious effort to get back to our roots. Sure, we spend a lot of time commenting on news either broken by others or announced by the teams or the league.* But we built our following primarily because we can get stuff that others don’t have [...]

Source: ProFootballTalk.com

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I love it when so called reporters start making news rather then report it. No Favre speculation for a week so they come up with this.

gcfeldma

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Favre to Vikings?????????

Here's one article about the rumor.

Report: Rumor is Favre is Signed with the Vikings | Today's TMJ4 - Milwaukee, Wisconsin News, Weather, Sports, WTMJ | Local News

Brett Favre, are you kidding me?! The guy had a GREAT legacy, and now he is single-handedly destroying it. Everybody knows that he is doing it to spite Green Bay, a city and organization that treated him like a God.

I hope that the Pack demolishes Brett Favre, and embarrasses him to the max. I hope B.J. Raji eats him for dinner twice this year.

Check out this blog I found on it. Hilarious, and puts it into perspective.
Brett Favre Given Lifetime Achievement Award At Attention ****** Anonymous Meeting | Popcorn Muscles

PackersRS

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Robdog, I had the same feeling you do. But after his interview, in which he refers to the queens as "we", and compares himself to Lombardi, making an excuse if he goes purple, and after confirming all the meetings with queens people, and after Wilf said it's only up to him and Cook, and after having surgery on his throwing arm, and after doing the same last year, though saying in MANY interviews that if the Packers ever considered trading him, he would retire, thus lying, the evidences indicate that the only reason for him not to sign with the queens is that if his arm isn't right, and NOT by his will. He WANTS to be a queen. Wow, a queen, a primadonna and a diva. Hadn't thought about that...

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Here's one article about the rumor.

Report: Rumor is Favre is Signed with the Vikings | Today's TMJ4 - Milwaukee, Wisconsin News, Weather, Sports, WTMJ | Local News

Brett Favre, are you kidding me?! The guy had a GREAT legacy, and now he is single-handedly destroying it. Everybody knows that he is doing it to spite Green Bay, a city and organization that treated him like a God.

I hope that the Pack demolishes Brett Favre, and embarrasses him to the max. I hope B.J. Raji eats him for dinner twice this year.

Check out this blog I found on it. Hilarious, and puts it into perspective.
Brett Favre Given Lifetime Achievement Award At Attention ****** Anonymous Meeting | Popcorn Muscles

I merges your original post and thread and merged it with this thread

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Well theres no real deal yet, but I just have this feeling he's going to the Vikings, maybe thats just the media getting to me though.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay didn't/doesn't want #4. Why hate on the man if he still wants to play? Should he worry about appeasing Packer fans? Why? GB made sure to slam the door & hide the key to Lambeau (literally) so why are Packer fans blaming #4 for going to the Vikings? It's the perfect situation for his talents & experience. It just happens to be a division rival. So for that reason GB fans are enraged & calling him a traitor. GROW UP!

What GB fans need to do is show some maturity & realize that life goes on. Not everything is going to be exactly how you demand it to be. Other players have left GB for MN & hardly a whimper came out of GB. Now it's treason because the face of the franchise for so long was banished from GB & chooses to possibly make two of GB's games in '09 very, very interesting. Are you scared?

uacheesehead

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Far as I'm concerned, if he wants to play, then he will do what he wants.

However, he's already tarnished his legacy with the Packers, and will continue to do so by signing with a division rival. If he's okay with that, then what can we do but just make sure we pummel him and the purple guys from the next state over when we meet this season!

GOPACKGO

DrGlitch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
...Now it's treason because the face of the franchise for so long was banished from GB & chooses to possibly make two of GB's games in '09 very, very interesting. Are you scared?
Banished? He got out the driver seat on his on volition. Someone else took his seat. Then he demanded for it to be given back. Proceeded to drag the dirty laundry out in public. That was not banishment.

Then again why rehash old arguments. I think its hilarious that the Queens now have the circus at their place. Perfect as their fans are a bunch of clowns.

Obviously Favre does not give a rats @ss about his legacy as a Packer, or about the Packer fans. That's his choice. That does not mean the fans have to like it. Many Packer fans are the owners of the team and coming back to Lambeau for arguably the most disliked team in the NFL by Packer fans is a slap in the face.

Scared? LOL. I loved the guy. Now I pity him.

If this happens I think the fans should give him the silent treatment when he walks back onto the Frozen Tundra. No boos, No cheers, just dead silence.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Green Bay didn't/doesn't want #4. Why hate on the man if he still wants to play? Should he worry about appeasing Packer fans? Why? GB made sure to slam the door & hide the key to Lambeau (literally) so why are Packer fans blaming #4 for going to the Vikings? It's the perfect situation for his talents & experience. It just happens to be a division rival. So for that reason GB fans are enraged & calling him a traitor. GROW UP!

What GB fans need to do is show some maturity & realize that life goes on. Not everything is going to be exactly how you demand it to be. Other players have left GB for MN & hardly a whimper came out of GB. Now it's treason because the face of the franchise for so long was banished from GB & chooses to possibly make two of GB's games in '09 very, very interesting. Are you scared?

I agree, as a Packer fan it hurts me a little to see him as a Viking, but he wants to play and Minnesota is the team who wants him. He should play I just wish it was for another team.

Jake

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm tired of all of this. It doesn't matter until the season starts. This will either turn out to be a complete blunder on the part of the Vikings or they will win a Super Bowl. Two outcomes, one of them is very unlikely. No matter what, they've set themselves back at least another couple years.

As a Packer fan living in MN, the one good thing to come out of this is that Favre helps the Vikings get a new stadium. As much as I hate the Vikings, I would hate it even more if they were shipped out of town.

Raptorman

Vikings fan since 1966.
Reaction score
I have come to the conclusion that Brett Favre will be a Viking this year. Will he take the Vikings to the Super Bowl, I don’t know, but I would not bet on it. The one thing you can all watch for is his skills will decline right about the time he has 300 pass attempts on the year. Now that may be game 10 or 12 it does not matter. Once he hits that number expect to see his TD’s decrease and his INT’s increase. It has nothing to do with injury or playing in the cold, it has to do with his age. Then he will toss an INT in a playoff game to lose it.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Really, it was/is only a matter of time before Favre signed with Minnesota. To every fan of NFL football, this has got to be great news. "THE" rivalry in the NFL is immediately re-validated, the NFL makes more money and those of us who understand the love of the game get at least another year of watching #4 work his magic like few others.

My dream of Favre NEVER retiring lives on for at least one more year!!!

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The one thing you can all watch for is his skills will decline right about the time he has 300 pass attempts on the year.

Don't forget Brett's finally had surgery which he very well may have needed for years now. While there is some truth to your assertion, certainly the surgery will have some type of positive effect late in the season.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Don't forget Brett's finally had surgery which he very well may have needed for years now. While there is some truth to your assertion, certainly the surgery will have some type of positive effect late in the season.

He didnt need that surgery for years...It only happened last year the rupture or tear or what ever

mike bat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think its good that number4 is heading to the queens ... dont get me wrong i hate the queens ... but i think he really wants to send a message to TT and MM ... this was thier worst nightmare ,, now it could come true ... in theroy brett could send TT and MM packing ,, one more loosing season from these clowns i say TT and MM have to go ... i dont believe we will have a winning season till they are gone ... and how fitting would it be for Brett to be the one to send these boys packing ,, just like they sent him packing ... carma you just have to love it ....

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
He didnt need that surgery for years...It only happened last year the rupture or tear or what ever

I'm not sure I am 100 percent confident that Favre suddenly needed surgery after this past season. I believe it is much more reasonable that the surgery has probably been needed for years now and it wasn't until late last season that Favre re-aggravated the tendon and was forced into a corner on the surgery.

We're all well aware it takes a near act of Congress for Favre to have surgery.

At any rate, assume the worst at your own peril. I've learned never to bet against the man - just when you're ready to break out the fork and stick it in Brett, he puts together masterpieces like against New England and Tennessee last year.

Hauschild

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I think its good that number4 is heading to the queens ... dont get me wrong i hate the queens ... but i think he really wants to send a message to TT and MM ... this was thier worst nightmare ,, now it could come true ... in theroy brett could send TT and MM packing ,, one more loosing season from these clowns i say TT and MM have to go ... i dont believe we will have a winning season till they are gone ... and how fitting would it be for Brett to be the one to send these boys packing ,, just like they sent him packing ... carma you just have to love it ....

I agree with the first point, but as to whether Brett's success would have any bearing on members of Packers Brass' futures, I'm not so convinced. Packers fans are a stubborn lot that can ingest the Kool-Aid with the best of 'em - I don't see the majority admitting their mistakes.

cyoung

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It was an injury he sustained while in New York, which is why he needed the surgery I believe.

doughsellz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I have come to the conclusion that Brett Favre will be a Viking this year. Will he take the Vikings to the Super Bowl, I don’t know, but I would not bet on it. The one thing you can all watch for is his skills will decline right about the time he has 300 pass attempts on the year. Now that may be game 10 or 12 it does not matter. Once he hits that number expect to see his TD’s decrease and his INT’s increase. It has nothing to do with injury or playing in the cold, it has to do with his age. Then he will toss an INT in a playoff game to lose it.

I wouldn't be saving for that purple #4 jersey just yet. The man himself has been throwing in MS & says he's "not well enough to throw in the NFL yet" due to soreness & inability to place the ball where it precisely needs to be on certain throws. It was just days ago that he made that statement.

bp65

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Ill take the 25 year old 4000 yard passer who threw 2x as many TDs and INTs last year 28/13...........Bretts has been my favorite athlete in any sport for a long time but I hope Barnett goes in low and snaps his leg in half

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts