Favre - A wait and see attitude?

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I understand this is not a new thought, but is it a safe assumption that Favre is waiting to see how the start of Free Agency plays out to decide whether or not to come back?

If we get quality FAs he is likely to come back.

If we can't land any big name or productive fish he may be fishing by himself in Mississippi.

If this is the case is he doing any lobbying?

Without Favre in the equation will it be harder for us to land FAs like it has been over the past couple of years?

Heatherthepackgirl

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The latest that I read was Favre was going to wait til after free agency to see if we could pick up some big names, but without him on board who knows who will want to come to Green Bay to play..With Favre at least we always have hope in winning...

OP
OP
R

Robin Yount

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't think he will wait until "after" Free Agency. To be fair to the Pack he should let them know before the draft. I just think he may stay quiet for a month or so just to monitor the start of Free Agency.

This may put some added pressure on TT to get a name in here fairly quick, to make it seem as if at least he is trying to make the team better.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I bet Brett wants to have a realistic shot of doing some great things this year...That is why he is waiting till free agency starts...He wants to see who comes in and signs b4 saying he will play..

Face it, he only has a few years left to play, and why would he want to sit there on 4-12, -6-10 teams for next 2, 3 years..

With Green being signed I think that is a step in right direction..

SuperRat

Cheesehead
Reaction score
This is somewhat ****** because if they packers knew about the favre situation beforehand and he did decide to retire they could go after Brees or Kitna.

tromadz

Cheesehead
Reaction score
SuperRat said:
This is somewhat ****** because if they packers knew about the favre situation beforehand and he did decide to retire they could go after Brees or Kitna.

that kinda talk can you get blackballed here.

are you saying favre is holding the organization hostage?

because, when FA starts...thats exactly what hes doing...and its gonna suck balls.

NCPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am tired of waiting for Favre to make his decision. I LOVE the guy! I dont want anyone to play QB for the Pack but him, but good Lord. We have to know. The team has to know.

On the other hand, I cant blame him for waiting to see what happens with the FA market.

Guess Ill just wait and see.

warhawk

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is puzzling to me is that Brett has mentioned he would be willing to renegotiate his contract to help get some better players if he were to come back.
If he is waiting to see what moves are going to be made in FA it would seem important that TT have the $ amount he has to work with nailed down. If BF is willing to rework his contract and it adds a few million to the coffer it would definately affect what TT does.
Brooks from Tampa just did this and it has helped them greatly.

GakkofNorway

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett has a 3 million bonus due tomorrow, we could see some moves before it is paid. If it isn't paid, Favre will automatically become an UFA. If he's retiring and taking the 3 million bonus with him I'm gonna get real angry, cause it will count against our cap won't it?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts