Favorite Restaurant In or On Your Way To Lambeau

wallsthotshot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I suggest the Dyckesville Bowl. http://www.dyckesvillebowl.com/ We have gone there since my father led us there in '96. Since it has become a tradition, esp Saturday night before a game. BEST cheese curds, butter burgers in the state. Great bowling, pizza, draft beer, too. In the winter, they have the fireplace going, as well. If you blink you will miss it. But the experience is all WI. My father is from Milwaukee, and knew of this place as did another in our group, and it has simply become tradition. If you go, please tip well... Truth be told, I tried to tip $50 on top of a $75 bill (what the last bill was for ending amounts of awesome food and beverages for our group of 8) and they almost tried not to accept it... thinking it wouldn't survive an audit :)... I fly in from CA for the games, and make it here either before or after a trip to Lambeau's Atrium Sat eve before a game. A MUST for Packer fans. Second best choice: Kroll's East.. old school. Get the Chili to start you off, followed by butter burgers and a malted. GO PACK GO!

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Do they have Schlitz on tap? It sounds like my kind of dive!
Actually don't recall what's on tap. Someone usually has a pitcher or two going when I get there. I just refill it with whatever was there. Don't recall seeing a Schlitz sign though. This is a place that closes Father's and Mother's days as well as most family oriented holidays. Plus during the owners 2 week annual vacations and cruises.

wallsthotshot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Actually don't recall what's on tap. Someone usually has a pitcher or two going when I get there. I just refill it with whatever was there. Don't recall seeing a Schlitz sign though. This is a place that closes Father's and Mother's days as well as most family oriented holidays. Plus during the owners 2 week annual vacations and cruises.
It's a great question - one I fully respect!... and cannot recall off immediately. Milwaukee's finest beers are available so I wouldn't be surprised. Enjoy! Go Pack Go!

wallsthotshot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
TBH, I've lived within an hour of Lambeau most of my life and I've been to Kroll's exactly once. And that was probably 25 years ago on a crappy weather day. Could not see what the big deal was.
TBH, I've lived within an hour of Lambeau most of my life and I've been to Kroll's exactly once. And that was probably 25 years ago on a crappy weather day. Could not see what the big deal was.
The key is to go to Kroll's East - not the one directly across from Lambeau. This is 'old school.' If you went here, and didn't enjoy, then it's not for you. If you enjoy a local place, with great butter burgers, chili, fries, and a malted, with a beer to wash it down.... enjoy. Personal choice - though after a Packer win, and en route back to the hotel, perhaps no finer place to top off a day of tailgating after the brats and beer have run out and you need to warm up/refill!

Thirteen Below

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Arby's, on Mason just off of Military. When I was a kid growing up in Stvenes Point, we didn't have an Arby's; that was a "big city" sort of dining establishment. So when my dad used to take me to games at Lambeau back in the mid-60s, we always stopped and had a roast beef sandwich. That's still my pregame meal for almost every Packer game - I swing through the drive-through and order two roast beef sandwiches just in time to get home and sit down in front of the TV for the kickoff.

Every now and then I'll grill some Johnsonville brats, but usually it's the Arby's roast beef sandwich. It's the only time I ever buy them, because they really suck now, but I'm the sentimental type.

swhitset

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you're coming from the Twin Cities I always felt Wausau had some amazing restaurants. Brews Bros and El Tequila are worth checking out and are right off the highway depending upon which route you are taking. The place inside Lambeau has been good from my experiences too
lol I live in Wausau… and absolutely hate our selection of restaurants… to each their own I guess.

wallsthotshot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Chuck’/ Dykesville Bowl!!!!

Not en route necessarily tho - for the late game… pre-tailgate? And def for the night before…

Best cheese curds, butter burger and all the fixin’s (incl. chili to warm you and your choice of beer to wash it all down).

Great bowling and homespun hospitality. A

treasure to trek to - all the way from CA.

(Ps. For Kroll’s you need to go old school and Kroll’s East.)

Pugger

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I vote for Lambeau Field itself.

When I visited GB a couple years ago for the shareholders meeting, I tried a brat at Krolls and it was terrible. I almost never ate a brat again because of that. But on my third day, I decided to try one of the brats at Lambeau Field, and it was really good.
I'm a GB native and have been to both east and west side Krolls countless times over the years and I didn't know they had brats. Their burgers are okay if you like butter but their malts are so thick you need a spoon!

Out on the east side check out Highland Howie's on the corner of Spartan and Humbolt Roads.

Members online

Latest posts