Favorite Restaurant In or On Your Way To Lambeau

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
What is your favorite place to visit on your trip to Lambeau? It can be getting the Gilbert Burger at Krolls, stopping to get Nueske's bacon, touring the Packers HOF, etc...

I drive from the Twin Cities, so it used to be the ubiquitous stop at the Leinenkugel Brewery for free beer. This was long before the made it all fancy. Someone used to walk you around on a tour, and then they would literally show us the taps and tell us to let them know when we were done drinking. We always drew straws for who had to stay sober to finish the drive to Green Bay.

Now adays, it's a stop at the Thorpedo in Thorpe, WI on the way back from a game.

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
TBH, I've lived within an hour of Lambeau most of my life and I've been to Kroll's exactly once. And that was probably 25 years ago on a crappy weather day. Could not see what the big deal was.

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I eat at the tailgate, and it would take me longer to stop and eat than to drive home :)

RicFlairoftheNFL

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The best breakfast spot in or near Lambeau is now the regional BBQ joint. Last time we were there we had trouble eating away from Lambeau.

G0P4ckG0

Cheesehead
Reaction score
If you're coming from the Twin Cities I always felt Wausau had some amazing restaurants. Brews Bros and El Tequila are worth checking out and are right off the highway depending upon which route you are taking. The place inside Lambeau has been good from my experiences too

pacmaniac

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I vote for Lambeau Field itself.

When I visited GB a couple years ago for the shareholders meeting, I tried a brat at Krolls and it was terrible. I almost never ate a brat again because of that. But on my third day, I decided to try one of the brats at Lambeau Field, and it was really good.

Phil Young

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I can't remember where I ate on my trip over to Green Bay. I stayed at The Bay Motel.

I did walk up to Lambeau in October 2008 just for the fun of it.

My first meal in green Bay was at Lambeau 7 I had a brat & chips only I got crisps & I wanted fries lol

I was jetlagged & forgot that chips in USA are NOT fries.

I did enjoy the meal all washed down with Broon (Newcastle Brown Ale.

boy did I get some look when I asked for a glass for my broon.

Phil Young

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was jetlagged.

Up at 0600 in UK. Flew to heathrow
Flew to Chicago.
Flew to Austen straubel.
It was now 1930 at night but my body clock was 0100 the next day

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'm just giving you **** :) you know, 2 countries divided by a common language

Phil Young

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Very true

& I know chips are not fries but my jetlagged brain didn't compute that. Also the waitress was very good & offered to bring me fries even though it was MY error. rest of trip was very good. I visited the railway museum. & I as I live very close to where George built trains like rocket I was impressed.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Brat Stop in Kenosha. Bad brats, good bloodys.
Franks diner

melis cafe.. <—— 5 mins off freeyway

melis is picture.. mexican skillet, 10 bucks

Attachments

• 29BE581A-CCD8-439A-86A3-B6B055609335.png
    29BE581A-CCD8-439A-86A3-B6B055609335.png
    624.5 KB · Views: 139

Phil Young

Cheesehead
Reaction score
& don't get me started on portion size.
& what is an English breakfast. Bay motel offered an English breakfast & while I enjoyed it, it was like no English breakfast I have had at home.
& a biscuit isn't what I know as a biscuit.
biscuit=cookie
what you call a biscuit I call a scone lol

I ordered a meal at a restaurant & I was brought my side salad ( a meal in itself) so I waited for my meal as in Uk salad is brought at same time as the meal. waitress kept looking over to check on my progress then eventually she came over to ask if everything was alright with my salad. I explained I was waiting for my meal & we then had a chat about differences between UK & USA.

I would love to go back but money & time are both tight.

Last edited:

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
Only the best Wisconsin bar food. 25 miles from Lambeau. My choice when dining local.
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

One of those country bars where the grease in the fryer and on the grill harkens back to the Eisenhower era. You know it's gotta be good. Note, my son's 8th grade class had a dinner party here at their end of year celebration.

Last edited:

GARYELL

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Timeline Saloon & Bbq, Highway 29 between Bonduel and Green Bay , great food, interesting motor museum and a 2nd hand shop that has so much cr*p, you can fill a suitcase full of it for the trip home ;D

^^ don't know why it typed in "BOLD" ??

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score

Timeline Saloon & Bbq, Highway 29 between Bonduel and Green Bay , great food, interesting motor museum and a 2nd hand shop that has so much cr*p, you can fill a suitcase full of it for the trip home ;D

^^ don't know why it typed in "BOLD" ??
Been to the bike shop next door and the museum several times. Never tried the food. One of the alligators escaped earlier this year. They found it in the swamp out back a day or two later.

OP
OP
El Guapo

El Guapo

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Only the best Wisconsin bar food. 25 miles from Lambeau. My choice when dining local.

One of those country bars where the grease in the fryer and on the grill harkens back to the Eisenhower era. You know it's gotta be good. Note, my son's 8th grade class had a dinner party here at their end of year celebration.
Do they have Schlitz on tap? It sounds like my kind of dive!

wallsthotshot

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Dykesville Bowl. Best cheese curds in the state. Really this the place to go Saturday eve before the game. Gets the tummy ready to go for the tailgate. Awesome butter burgers cheese curds pizza beer… and bowling! If you spend 60 bucks for a large group that’s a surprise so I tip double. Nice people. Great tradition.

Otherwise Krolls East. Old school

Members online

Latest posts