Favorite regular season win for the packers.

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So piggybacking off of the worst losses thread but in reverse whats your favorite regular season win of your lifetime.
I'm not including playoffs as I think one of our super bowls would be the answer in 90% of replies if I did.

I myself can't chose but at the top of my list are the hail mary game in 2015, the one leg comeback in week one 2018, the 6TD half game in 2014, and week 17 game winner to Cobb in 2013.

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Has to be 2013 @ Bears. Division title on the line and Rodgers and Cobb come back this game after very long injuries. Rodgers last game before this happened to be against the Bears when he got injured that opening drive. Had to convert 3 4th downs on this final drive including the long TD pass to Cobb. We were knocked out the next week against San Fran and I had a feeling we would after this Bears win, but in the moment it was an amazing game and awesome to knock the Bears out for good.

Other good ones

vs Vikings 1999. Week 3 game and Vikings came off a 15-1 season in 98. We were down 4 I think and Favre had a 4th down with the clock ticking 25 seconds left because on 3rd down they didn't get out of bounds. He hit Corey Bradford on that 4th down on like a 30 yard td pass right on the money. Fans went nuts.

vs Vikings 2000. Freeman catch in OT

@ Raiders 2003. After Irv died.

@ Broncos 2007. Just cool to see Favre have one last great memorable throw in OT, following Denver getting a field goal as time expired with a running clock.

vs Vikings 2010. Needed to get over the mental hurdle for this team to take the next step in making Super Bowl IMO. Very overlooked game.

vs Saints 2011. Opening Night shootout right after Super Bowl win. Final play of game defense made a stop at the 1 yard line.

vs Patriots 2014. Would have kicked their *** if we played them again in February.

@ Lions 2015. Hail Mary.

vs Bears 2018. Rodgers gets carted off in 1st half then has an amazing comeback in 2nd half.

GreenNGold_81

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Lots to choose from... One of my favorites was the Denver monday night football game in 2007. Lots of chatter about how Brett lost his arm before that game and then he torches two of the best corners in the league on deep passes (Bailey and Bly). Walk off bomb to Greg Jennings was awesome.

Arodgers12

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I loved beating down the Cowboys in the Late 90s I think? We finally got them at Lambeau after always playing them every year in Dallas. We pounded them 45-17. I remember my parents threw a big party and we all celebrated eating snacks and having friends and family over. I loved beating down Seattle in 2016 at Lambeau 38-10. I also enjoyed when we were getting blown out by the Jets in 2014 early in the season like 21-0 or something around there. We ended up coming back to win 31-27 I think after Rodgers caught fire in the 2nd half. I remember the Jets coach called a timeout before a play that they threw a TD Pass which negated the Touchdown. That saved us. I remember Favre leading us to a come from behind win against the Bucs in 1999 I would like to say with seconds left to win. Another great win was when the Panthers kicker missed a chip shot FG that would have either beaten us or sent the game to OT. We won and the stadium erupted when he missed. I was at that game with my Dad. I think that was in the early 2000s?

Curly Calhoun

Cheesehead
Reaction score
So piggybacking off of the worst losses thread but in reverse whats your favorite regular season win of your lifetime.
I'm not including playoffs as I think one of our super bowls would be the answer in 90% of replies if I did.

I myself can't chose but at the top of my list are the hail mary game in 2015, the one leg comeback in week one 2018, the 6TD half game in 2014, and week 17 game winner to Cobb in 2013.

All the obvious choices, but there is one that is routinely forgotten, perhaps because it wasn't close.

The last time Rodgers and Favre faced each other, Green Bay whipped the Vikings 31-3 in Minnesota.

I thoroughly enjoyed it.

https://www.newsday.com/sports/football/rodgers-packers-romp-past-favre-vikings-31-3-1.2484508

Poppa San

* Team Owner *
Staff member
Reaction score
1994 Atlanta Falcons. Last game at County Stadium I believe. Favre scrambles 9 yards for game winning TD with no TO and like 4 seconds on the clock. Stretches out and hits pylon with the ball. Clinches top wildcard berth. First time with back-to-back playoff berths since Lombardi. To me this game signifies the end of the Gory Years.

If this was the 4th down TD game then I have it as #2
Has to be 2013 @ Bears. Division title on the line and Rodgers and Cobb come back this game after very long injuries. Rodgers last game before this happened to be against the Bears when he got injured that opening drive. Had to convert 3 4th downs on this final drive including the long TD pass to Cobb. We were knocked out the next week against San Fran and I had a feeling we would after this Bears win, but in the moment it was an amazing game and awesome to knock the Bears out for good.

ETA--Forgot about :"After further review ...."
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Last edited:

LambeauLombardi

Cheesehead
Reaction score
1994 Atlanta Falcons. Last game at County Stadium I believe. Favre scrambles 9 yards for game winning TD with no TO and like 4 seconds on the clock. Stretches out and hits pylon with the ball. Clinches top wildcard berth. First time with back-to-back playoff berths since Lombardi. To me this game signifies the end of the Gory Years.

If this was the 4th down TD game then I have it as #2

ETA--Forgot about :"After further review ...."
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

I was just too young to see the 94 Falcons game, that was really good!

First time I've seen that 89 Bears game. Love the stupid look on Ditka's face at 4:57.

gopkrs

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I'll never forget the Halloween game against the bears in Chicago. 1992. It was so muddy and the wind was horrific. I think that one punt actually went backwards. I took my young daughter trick or treating and she stopped for a long time at a friend's house so then I could watch the game. During that game I realized that Edgar Bennett was a mudder. And that turned out to be true. I like the weather games. Certainly hope that all stadiums don't go the way of the dome. Too many already.

PhilaPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I enjoy a Packers-Cowboys match up. I have 14 games on dvd starting back in 1982 playoff game, and my most recent was from 2016 playoff game.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
Probably a Sunday night game vs Detroit?

darren sharpers rookie year.. he ran back an int for a td.

Was with my two brothers and dad.. we were enjoying pre game and start of the game .. but then who shows up and sits in front of me??

ray nitschke

he was mean at 1st but we realized it was a joking mean .. at the time no smoking allowed in the seats and he had a big old cigar.. my brothers were egging me to tell him to put it out ..

It was awesome watching him react to the game .. he kept yelling at me because my knees were in his back , but he kept winking. Someone saw him and asked for a autograph or picture?? and he said I’m watching the game I’m not to be bothered here.. find me after the game

at half time he got up with his son?? he shook my hand and thanked me for being respectful and I was fun to razz??? Or truly was the best game

I believe he passed that year or soon after

Mondio

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Was with my two brothers and dad.. we were enjoying pre game and start of the game .. but then who shows up and sits in front of me??

ray nitschke

he was mean at 1st but we realized it was a joking mean .. at the time no smoking allowed in the seats and he had a big old cigar.. my brothers were egging me to tell him to put it out ..

It was awesome watching him react to the game .. he kept yelling at me because my knees were in his back , but he kept winking. Someone saw him and asked for a autograph or picture?? and he said I’m watching the game I’m not to be bothered here.. find me after the game

at half time he got up with his son?? he shook my hand and thanked me for being respectful and I was fun to razz??? Or truly was the best game

what a memory!

PhilaPackersFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score

ray nitschke

I enjoyed your story of having the legend, Ray Nitchske sitting in front of you during a game. Im shocked he didn't have a special MVP seat up near the tv booth, etc. I guess being as close to the game as possible was his style.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
I enjoyed your story of having the legend, Ray Nitchske sitting in front of you during a game. Im shocked he didn't have a special MVP seat up near the tv booth, etc. I guess being as close to the game as possible was his style.
He said he would go to his box seat at half tone

PackAttack12

R-E-L-A-X
Reaction score
I enjoy a Packers-Cowboys match up. I have 14 games on dvd starting back in 1982 playoff game, and my most recent was from 2016 playoff game.
The 2017 game at Cowboys was one of my favorites. Rodgers and Davante didn't connect on the first attempt at the game winning touchdown. Rodgers adjusts, runs the exact same play next time, only this time he puts it right on the money and Davante hauls it in. Just beautiful.

OP
OP
Fredrik87

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The 2017 game at Cowboys was one of my favorites. Rodgers and Davante didn't connect on the first attempt at the game winning touchdown. Rodgers adjusts, runs the exact same play next time, only this time he puts it right on the money and Davante hauls it in. Just beautiful.
I've been watching some of our games on gamepass and just recently finished watching that one, the Cook sidline catch, and the Dez did not catch it game.

OP
OP
Fredrik87

Fredrik87

Cheesehead
Reaction score
For some of the old timers like me there was this shining moment in the middle of our dark period:

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/198310170gnb.htm

Highest scoring MNF game until recently (I think). Over 1k yards of offense but the 1st TD was scored by the defense. Packers averaged an unbelievable 9 yards per play.

Thank you Mark Mosley.
I'm not old enough to have watched it live but this is another game I have on DVD really fun to watch and see some of the great players from before my time such as Lofton and ****ey who struck me to be a pretty good player on a less than great team.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts