1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

favorite movie line

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by dhpackr, Nov 15, 2007.

1. dhpackr

dhpackr Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I am bored, so I started a couple of threads today.

One of my favorites is from the Outlaw Josie Wales. When Clint Eastwoods's character faces down five pistolero's and boldly states

"Are you going to pull those pistols or whistle dixie"

What are some of your favorites?

2. IronMan

IronMan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +8
    Clint Eastwood in Bronco Billy.
    He was telling Sondra Locke about how he caught his wife in bed with his best friend.. She asked, "What did you do?"
    Clint, "I shot her."
    Locke, "What?! Her?! What about him?"
    Clint, "He was my best friend! " LOL :thumbsup:

3. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    Although there is a ton of quotes from my favorite movie.. I would have to say this is probably my favorite...

Doc Holliday...

"Yes, but there's just something about him. Something around the eyes, I don't know, reminds me of... me. No. I'm sure of it, I hate him. "

Or this one..

"It appears my hypocrisy knows no bounds."

Probably a 100 more...

4. vikesrule

vikesrule Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0

Great movie, I just watched again last week, Val Kilmer's very good in that part.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, one of my favorite quotes is from the movie "Dogma" :p

Metatron: "For their insolence God decreed that neither Loki nor Bartleby would ever be allowed back into Paradise."
    Bethany: "Were they sent to Hell?"
    Metatron: "Worse . . . Wisconsin . . . for the entire span of human history."

:rotflmao:

5. Cdnfavrefan

Cdnfavrefan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Funny when I saw the title the first thing I thought about was Doc. Good to see others think alike. The line that's still always in my head and I use quit often is from him.
    " I'm your huckleberry" Just the way he says it makes it classic

6. Scythe

Scythe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    From 2001: A Space Odyssey:

"Open the pod bay doors, HAL."

From Dr. Strangelove:

"Gentlemen, you can't fight in here! This is the War Room!"

Also...

General Jack D. Ripper: "You know when fluoridation first began?"

Group Capt. Lionel Mandrake: "I... no, no. I don't, Jack."

General Jack D. Ripper: "Nineteen hundred and forty-six. Nineteen forty-six, Mandrake. How does that coincide with your post-war Commie conspiracy, huh? It's incredibly obvious, isn't it? A foreign substance is introduced into our precious bodily fluids without the knowledge of the individual. Certainly without any choice. That's the way your hard-core Commie works."

7. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    "I use to have a roommate, but my mom moved to Florida." -Rick Moranis in Ghostbusters 2.

Greatest line ever.

8. Raider Pride

Raider Pride Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    "Be advised. I eat concertina wire and piss napalm and I can put a round in a flea's *** at 300 meters so why don't you go hump somebody else's leg, mutt face, before I push yours in."

Guess?

9. Scythe

Scythe Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Heartbreak Ridge?

10. Pack93z

Pack93z You retired too? .... Not me. I'm in my prime

Ratings:
    +22
    I believe it is from Heartbreak Ridge...

Gunny Highway... AKA Clint Eastwood...

11. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I forgot the exact words, but when that guy goes to kill Tuco in The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly and keeps blabbing on and on about his life story, then Tuco kills him. Great line.

And the Producers (the musical, not the original), when the assistant says "Your hats. Your coats. Your swastikas." I couldn't stop laughing. Mel Brooks when he's on is really on (although when he's bad, he's really bad).

12. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I didn't like Dogma that much, but Clerks I and Clerks II, my wife and I couldn't stop laughing.

13. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    One of the greatest movies ever. I loved the password.

14. DGB454

DGB454 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    TOMBSTONE-Wyatt Earp: 'You tell them I'm coming . . . and Hell's coming with me! You hear?! Hell's coming with me! '

OPEN RANGE- Charley Waite: "Men are going to die here today.... and I’m gonna kill ‘em,”

I like westerns,

15. tromadz

tromadz Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +3
    Good. Bad. I'm the guy with the gun.

16. Fuzznuts

Fuzznuts Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1
    Barfly: Mickey Rourke

best.movie.ever

Henry: This is a world where everybody's gotta do something. Y'know, somebody laid down this rule that everybody's gotta do something, they gotta be something. You know, a dentist, a glider pilot, a narc, a janitor, a preacher, all that.

Sometimes I just get tired of thinking of all the things that I don't wanna do. All the things that I don't wanna be. Places I don't wanna go, like India, like getting my teeth cleaned. Save the whale, all that, I don't understand that.

Jim: You're not supposed to think about it. I think the whole trick is, not to think about it.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wanda: I can't stand people, I hate them.
    Henry: Oh yeah?
    Wanda: Do you hate them?
    Henry: No, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Henry: Some people never go crazy. What truly horrible lives they must lead.

Henry: That's it.
    Wanda: That's what?
    Henry: I'm broke. Can't buy another drink.
    Wanda: You mean you don't have any money?
    Henry: No money, no job, no rent. Hey, I'm back to normal.

Eddie: All you gotta do is beg for a little mercy.
    Henry: Quittin' to you would be like swallowin' piss for eternity.

Henry: Some guys really know how to get the women.
    Jim: Now, you don't know how?
    Henry: Hey, I can get one for ten minutes. That's my limit.

Henry: I remember ordering a draught, barkeep. What, are you out of brew, or has that lobotomy finally taken hold?

Eddie: I'd hate to be you if I were me.

Old Fart: Now look. Twenty bucks for that kind of head is outrageous.
    Grandma Moses: I did ya good, old fart. I did ya good. I oughta bit your champagne cork off.
    Old Fart: I'm givin' ya fifteen bucks.
    Grandma Moses: Twenty bucks. Nobody in this neighborhood can swallow paste like I can.

Tully: Why did you send your stuff to us?
    Henry: Well, I liked the title of the mag. It boggled my scrotum.
    Tully: Why don't you stop drinking? Anybody can be a drunk.
    Henry: Anybody can be a non-drunk. It takes a special talent to be a drunk. It takes endurance. Endurance is more important than truth.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Wanda: I hate the police, don't you?
    Henry: I don't know, but I seem to feel better when they're not around.

Henry: Baby, What we had was just green corn.

Henry: [to Eddie] Your mother's c**t stinks like carpet cleaner.

Tully: Do you need a drink?
    Henry: Yeah, like a spider needs a fly.

Henry: It's hatred. It's the only thing that lasts.

Henry: You know, in the guest house, you could write in peace.
    Tully: Hey, Tully baby, nobody who could write worth a damn could ever write in peace, Jesus.

Tully: You can really write. Why do you live like a bum?
    Henry: I am a bum. What do you want me to do? Do you want me to write about the sufferings of the upper classes?
    Tully: This may be news to you but they suffer too.
    Henry: Hey baby, nobody suffers like the poor.

Henry: [Voice over] And as my hands drop the last desperate pen, in some cheap room, they will find me there and never know my name, my meaning, nor the treasure of my escape.

Henry: Why did it have to be Eddie? He symbolizes everything that disgusts me. Obviousness. Unoriginal macho energy. Ladies man...
    Wanda: You're right. He's not much

Henry: [to his own bloody face as reflected in the bathroom mirror] Nothing but the dripping sink. Empty bottle. Euphoria. Youth fenced in, stabbed and shaved. Taut words propped up to die

Harry: Don't be sorry, just put on some new underwear.

17. irishpacker

irishpacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    It's not from a film, but it's from an even better TV show! If you have never heard of Father Ted before, look it up! No word of a lie, it is the best comedy series EVER!!! Also, they are currently casting for an American version of the show (basterds!!!! Dont mess with classics!!!) and last I heard Steve Martin wants to play Ted!

Anyway, heres some amazing quotes:

- "Hasn't Mary got a lovely bottom." -"Careful now Ted, you might offend the girls." - "Oh right. Of course, they all have lovely bottoms!"

- "It's a spider baby Ted. It has the Body of a Baby, but the mind of a Spider."

"Thats a nasy wound you've got there Tom, how did that happen?" - "I was in an Argument" - "I hope you won" - "I most certainly did!"

"We don't sell that UHT stuff... thats shite."

"Ted, I'm hugely confused"

"Now remember Dougal, These cows are small, but the ones out there are far away.... Small, far away"

I could quote the entire series but you're best looking for yourself!
    BRILLIANT!!!!

18. big3

big3 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    full metal jacket

"how do you shoot women and children?"
    "easy. you just don't lead them so much."

19. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I can't believe I forgot that one. One of my all-time favorite movies.

"Give me some sugar, baby!"

20. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Bruce Campbell is a walking favorite movie quote.

"First you wanna kill me, now you wanna kiss me? Blow."

21. TOPackerFan

TOPackerFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    These two are my favourites

Tony Montana from Scarface

"Say hello to my little friend"

and the following gem from Carl Spackler in Caddyshack

"So I jump ship in Hong Kong and make my way over to Tibet, and I get on as a looper at a course over in the Himalayas. A looper, you know, a caddy, a looper, a jock. So, I tell them I'm a pro jock, and who do you think they give me? The Dalai Lama, himself. Twelfth son of the Lama. The flowing robes, the grace, bald... striking. So, I'm on the first tee with him. I give him the driver. He hauls off and whacks one -- big hitter, the Lama -- long, into a ten-thousand foot crevice, right at the base of this glacier. And do you know what the Lama says? Gunga galunga...gunga -- gunga galunga. So we finish the eighteenth and he's gonna stiff me. And I say, "Hey, Lama, hey, how about a little something, you know, for the effort, you know." And he says, "Oh, uh, there won't be any money, but when you die, on your deathbed, you will receive total consiousness." So I got that goin' for me, which is nice."

22. Zombieslayer

Zombieslayer Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    I forgot one I liked. When Chevy Chase got captured in Spies Like Us.

"Why are you here?"

"Why am I here? Why are you here? Why is anyone here?"

"Tell me why you're here or else I'll cut off a finger."

"Mine or yours?"

"Yours."

"Damn."

23. nathaniel

nathaniel Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +0
    Chevy Chase. Nice. It's about that time of year to start watching National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation everyday.

24. uwbadger12000

uwbadger12000 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    "I hired you people to try to get a little track laid, not to jump around like a bunch of Kansas City faggots."

Pedro Cerrano: Bats, they are sick. I cannot hit curveball. Straightball I hit it very much. Curveball, bats are afraid. I ask Jobu to come, take fear from bats. I offer him cigar, rum. He will come.
    Eddie Harris: You know you might think about taking Jesus Christ as your savior instead of fooling around with all this stuff.
    Roger Dorn: ****, Harris.
    Pedro Cerrano: Jesus, I like him very much, but he no help with curveball.
    Eddie Harris: You trying to say Jesus Christ can't hit a curveball?

"All right people, we got 10 minutes 'till game time, let's all gather 'round. I'm not much for giving inspirational addresses, but I'd just like to point out that every newspaper in the country has picked us to finish last. The local press seems to think that we'd save everyone the time and trouble if we just went out and shot ourselves. Me, I'm for wasting sportswriters' time. So I figured we ought to hang around for a while and see if we can give 'em all a nice big shitburger to eat!"

25. trippster

trippster Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +2
    Caddy shack,

Murray: Maybe I can come over sometime and we can hang out. You have a pool don't you?

Chase: Uh yeah Carl, a pool and a pond. The pond would be good for you.

Best one: Murray talking to Carl: Ah Carl, everyone likes you....as far as you know.