1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Favorite Lombardi quote and other?

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by LarrysCrookedFinger, Jun 23, 2016.

1. LarrysCrookedFinger

LarrysCrookedFinger Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +115
    Okay, now that we're in the official NFL summer doldrums, how about a lighter topic of discussion most everyone can agree upon? If you were to choose your absolutely #1 favorite Lombardi quote and it was the only piece of wisdom you could pass on to posterity, what would yours be? Mine?

"Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence." - Vincent Thomas Lombardi

I have it on my locker at work and it is how try to live my life.

Also (which may be more interesting and something we can all learn something new from) what is your favorite quote by other NFL coaches, if you have one?

This one has always stuck with me:

"If God had wanted man to play soccer, he wouldn't have given us arms." - Mike Ditka

2. Munch

Munch NFL Owner

Ratings:
    +104
    'You cannot out run Brett Favres arm'
    -John Madden

3. TeamTundra

TeamTundra Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +240

"If God didn't want us to masterbate then he would have made our arms shorter." George Carlin

"Football isn't a contact sport, it is a collision sport......" Vince Lombardi

4. Sky King

Sky King Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +963
    McKay.JPG

• Winner Winner x 1
  5. El Guapo

El Guapo Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +1,990
    "It's not whether you get knocked down, it's whether you get up." - Lombardi

I used to have that on a plaque somewhere. Definitely a life motto as well. Life is all about getting knocked down, and the successful folks get up quicker than the next person.