Favorite Bar to watch the Packers

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate watching the game in a bar. Its usually too crowded and to loud to hear the TV and if you can hear the TV it probably too loud to hear your friends. I hate crowds and noise not to mention expensive beer. Although sometimes they put on decent free food.

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I hate watching the game in a bar. Its usually too crowded and to loud to hear the TV and if you can hear the TV it probably too loud to hear your friends. I hate crowds and noise not to mention expensive beer. Although sometimes they put on decent free food.

I agree with this 100%, and I don't do it very often to have a favorite so I'll say my basement with my 60", surround sound and free (well greatly reduced priced) beer.

SoonerPack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Remington's in the Tulsa Southern Hills Marriott (across from the golf course). I quit drinking a few years back but this is a great place to watch a game and meet some new friends. While it can be a touch noisy, the atmosphere is fantastic and everyone is super cool. Tulsa is actually a big Packer city. The Tulsa World (paper) did a favorite team survey a few years back and other than the "locals" i.e. Cowboys, Chiefs and Rams the Green and Gold was the runaway winner. I prefer to sit at my house and enjoy the game in peace as I tend to zone in a touch as my wife says. When the game starts my wife knows to let me be unless the place is on fire or something. There is NOTHING like GBP football. Nothing.

Quick side note/poll: I am heading back to my birth-state for the Cowboys game this season. Where would you locals recommend I pre-game at the night before. Day of we plan on tailgating because that's the only way to do it properly IMO. I will be lifting my self imposed prohibition for this trip and plan on indulging myself with a few coldies! Is there a must see bar or should we maybe do a pub crawl type deal? Any thoughts or suggies would be appreciated.

G P G!!!

D

Dan115

Select an unused storefront and open one as a retirement hobby. I recall you are acquainted with more than a few younger ladies to staff it.
Why would I want to do that? Sounds like it will cost me money and time-- How many US Football fans do you think would come out at midnight or 3 am ? They can watch the game in their own condo or apartment?

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I am still trying to find one in this city

Yeah, that would be the hard part for me. Living somewhere where I couldn't get the broadcast myself and having to go to a bar to watch it. The way it is I have to go to my sisters house to watch the games and they are Bears fans so I end up in the basement watching on their old crappy broken down 56 inch (or thereabouts) HD TV. If its a Packer/Bear game or they are not playing at the same time I get to watch it on the good TV upstairs.

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Why would I want to do that? Sounds like it will cost me money and time-- How many US Football fans do you think would come out at midnight or 3 am ? They can watch the game in their own condo or apartment?

Then you make friends with some of them and watch the game at their condo or apartment. If they can watch the game at their condo or apartment why can't you? Just curious, I'm not familiar with your housing arrangements.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
I've never been at this place for a game. I too like to watch the game with my boys at one of their homes or mine. But there is a bar near Harrisburg, PA in New Cumberland right across from the Military Supply depot and distribution center and airport, that is owned by Packer fans and decked out in Packer memorabilia. I've been there during non game times and they are great folks with great food and drinks. It's called the Fireside Inn.

BearDroppings

Cheesehead
Reaction score
The only Packer bar that existed IN Maryland has now gone out of business. Game days here are never fun because I am now surrounded by college kids, Cowboys fans, Ravens fans, and whoever is annoying fans...

The Drew

The Drew Cave
Reaction score
My home bar: The Drew Cave ;)
You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Ace

Cheesehead
Reaction score

That is SaWEEEEEET! Nicely done sir!

D

Dan115

Then you make friends with some of them and watch the game at their condo or apartment. If they can watch the game at their condo or apartment why can't you? Just curious, I'm not familiar with your housing arrangements.
There would be a lot of money and time spent to open a bar --- I watch the games in my condo by myself on my tv or computer. If there was a bar available I would go to watch with other Packer fans -----I have NOT found one yet so I watch the games by myself.

Croak

Vincit qui patitur
Reaction score
There would be a lot of money and time spent to open a bar --- I watch the games in my condo by myself on my tv or computer. If there was a bar available I would go to watch with other Packer fans -----I have NOT found one yet so I watch the games by myself.

You're not by yourself if you can access the chatbox on this forum while you are watching! ;)

I

I asked LT to delete my acct

WHOA, WHOA, WHOA there....:eek: You ALLOWED a Cowboy fan in there ??

D

Dan115

You're not by yourself if you can access the chatbox on this forum while you are watching! ;)
LOL I have in the past-- Too many negative comments during a game--- I do read it at half time but during the game--- NO THANK YOU ---

sschind

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Ah, I see. I misunderstood it to mean you couldn't watch the games for some reason while others could that's why I suggested making friends with them. To be honest I prefer watching the games by myself. I'd much prefer it to a bar full of noisy drunks and a house full of noisy drunks isn't all that preferable. Of course back when I was a noisy drunk I'm guessing my opinion was a bit different.

Members online

Latest posts