Fat Rex, the toostsie lover, says J E T S will SB46

Murgen

MechaPackzilla
Reaction score
Is it just me, or in that Woodhead video, it looks like the left side of his face is paralyzed!

LAG

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rex is basically an extroverted - blow hard. I wonder what his excuse will be next season after his team loses out again on the prize.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
the thing is, if it was JUST him talking about going to the Super Bowl and winning, no one would care. the problem is that Rexy talks crap the entire season no matter what the outcome. The dude show's no professionalism at all...but then I haven't seen much Professionalism out of that organization since Herm Edwards was there.

There is a difference between having confidence in your team, and making a complete fool of yourself.

Unfortunately for Rex, he goes with option B.

You should have confidence in your team, but this is what he does every week all year around.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Rex Ryan 15 years from now after losing 3 AFC Championship games in a row and being run out of the NFL

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TOcQhqrqdpI]YouTube - KENNY POWERS audio tapes[/ame]

AmishMafia

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Okay, I am going to defend Rex, because I think he can do it.

It is tough to come back after a tough season, but I suspec they will land on their feet. You never know, its a game of inches or a game of feet? Not sure. If they don't shoot themselves in the foot, I could see them doing well. Last season they got off on the wrong foot, if they get off to a fast start and don't drag their feet by but puting their best foot forward, I am sure they will do well. They are very disciplined and toe the line often.

If they keep on their toes, and the don't drag their heels, they should be on the heels of NE for the divisional championship. I am sure they have itchy feet and want to get the season going. I expect them to show up and not get cold feet at the last minute.

feet.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Wow. I didn't know Brett Favre did audio tapes.

"Alot of people ask me; Brett Favre you're a giant superstar, have you ever payed for sex? The answer is Yes; several times in fact. And it's actually kinda cool. You can negotiate practically anything, and sometimes even just do things in the moment that you never agreed to pay for and it goes by without much argument."

You must be logged in to see this image or video!

Of course this one would fit Favre perfectly.

"Undoubted I knew the game was mine to win.
Just like in life, all of my successes depend on me.
I'm the man who has the ball; I'm the man who can throw it faster than ****.
So that is why I am better than everyone in the world."

NelsonsLongCatch

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rex Ryan/Mark Sanchez are this decade's version of McNabb/Reid... Constantly getting close, but never getting over the hump. The return to a salary cap is going to destroy the Jets.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Rex Ryan/Mark Sanchez are this decade's version of McNabb/Reid... Constantly getting close, but never getting over the hump. The return to a salary cap is going to destroy the Jets.

Only difference is McNabb could complete passes (until the Super Bowl or playoffs) and won games.
Sanchez would not win 8 games if he was at a team with no weapons or anything. The reason the Jets are so successful is 2 reasons. The field goal kicker, and Tomlinson. Without a running attack they would be screwed.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Last year I thought the Jets were like the 80's Browns, the way they use a very similar playbook. (Marty Schotienhiemer taught Brian very well I guess), but now I am really starting to think they are becoming the 1986-87 Browns.

The last team to lose consecutive AFC Championships was the Browns, now it's the Jets. So way to go Rex!

The Browns fans like to remember those games in a certain fashion. I ain't forgetting that they went on to lose yet another AFC Championship game to those damned Denver Broncos.

"The Drive"
What made them lose it the first time. Elway's 70+ yard drive to tie the game and go into OT.

"The Fumble"
"I was like..Oh my F***in' God!" - Voice of a million Browns fans
Anyone remember this or seen footage of it before? Just inches from the goal line of tying a game into OT, Earnest Byner FUMBLED! and the Browns went on to lose their 2nd consecutive AFC Championship game.

Now I don't know what they call the 1989 loss, but my personal name would be "The beat down" since they were mostly dominated that entire game and eventually got blown out.

The Jets on the other hand will do this backwards.

"The beat down" was their first AFC Championship loss

"The Fumble" is what we can their latest AFC Championship loss, when you consider that Sanchez's huge fumble in the first half was 7 points, or we can call it the "Goal line stand" since they went for it on 4th down at the goal in the 3rd quarter and did not get it, (which could have been 7 points and won the game)

Finally "The Drive" is going to be their 3rd and final AFC Championship loss, but it's not going to be next year. It's going to be year after next year.

Looking at the Browns and Jets, they are VERY similar, except for one thing. Cleveland had a Quarterback. I would take Bernie Kosar over any Ravens and Browns Quarterback since his retirement, and his stats in their years of losing AFCC games makes it known he was an elite QB back then (Also led the league in passing in 1987 I think). On defense the Browns ran a 3-4, that was very dominant in blow out wins, but sure enough they had bullet holes, just like the Jets do. The most common thing though is the play call selection. Cleveland was a run, run, run, pass, run, pass, pass West Coast style offense that utilized the work of 2 running backs. The Jets only good thing on offense IS running the ball, and when the Browns couldn't get it going through the air, the running game kept them alive.

After losing back to back AFC Championships the Browns promised to finally make it over the hump next year in 1988. But too bad for them, in 1988 they suffered more injuries than they could handle. They made the playoffs as a wild card team, only to barely lose to rivals Warren Moon and the rising Houston Oilers.

So if history repeats itself, the Jets won't make the AFC Championship game next year, it will fall to their closest rival who will go to the Super Bowl and fall to a more dominant team on the edge of repeating. (Cincinnati is the closest to Cleveland, where in 1988 they FAILED to win the Super Bowl, only for the 49ers to go on and repeat the next year, in this case it's backwards, this is GB's repeat year). In the Jets case it will be New England.

I could always be wrong, but I still think this is a realistic and very funny way to look at the Jets today.
:happy0005::happy0005::happy0005:

packerfan4ever

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Rex should wait for the season to start to even think super bowl,his players some players he may lose.What if the jets get injuries like we did this year,they would collapse great you want confidence but think super bowl to yourself.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
I don't see it happening. It's not just that I loathe the Jets above all others. I don't see it. To be honest, they shouldn't of gotten past the Patriots this year, that was the mother of all flukes. The Jets will have 3 teams I can think of off the top of my head that will be ahead of them next year. The Patriots (who will be out for blood), The Steelers and the Ravens (interchangeable with the Colts). Aside from that, you just never know who is going to bust out on it next year in the AFC. There is a good chance it may be none of the above that will make it to the SB.

One team I have a pretty strong feeling will be there is the Pack!!! :) :) :) So it really doesn't matter what AFC team makes it! The Pack is coming! (< -- Credit to Woodson for that line!)

cheesehurdler

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"Alot of people ask me; Brett Favre you're a giant superstar, have you ever payed for sex? The answer is Yes; several times in fact. And it's actually kinda cool. You can negotiate practically anything, and sometimes even just do things in the moment that you never agreed to pay for and it goes by without much argument."

Of course this one would fit Favre perfectly.

"Undoubted I knew the game was mine to win.
Just like in life, all of my successes depend on me.
I'm the man who has the ball; I'm the man who can throw it faster than ****.
So that is why I am better than everyone in the world."

I like this quote: "This one coach (McCarthy) was going to replace me with Rodgers after I retired and came back and I was all like 'You and Rodgers can f**k off somewhere. I ain't bein' a f**kin' backup. It's bulls**t. You tell me why you need Rodgers when I can lead this team to a G**ddamn 13-3 season with an NFC Championship berth. F**k that."

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
I like this quote: "This one coach (McCarthy) was going to replace me with Rodgers after I retired and came back and I was all like 'You and Rodgers can f**k off somewhere. I ain't bein' a f**kin' backup. It's bulls**t. You tell me why you need Rodgers when I can lead this team to a G**ddamn 13-3 season with an NFC Championship berth. F**k that."

:happy0005::happy0005::happy0005::happy0005:

Priceless

I should edit some of the audio of that show into Brett Favre press confrences

"What about that last interception you through before the game went into to OT?"

"Kiss my ***, suck my **** everyone..."

"335 passing yards, 3 Touchdowns, yet 3 interceptions?"

"I'm the man who has the ball, I'm the man who can throw it faster than ****".

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
BTW someone had this as an avatar back on a Star Wars forum I visit, couldn't help but show you guys

Members online

Latest posts