1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
  2. Big Announcement Coming for 2015 Football Season!!

Be on the look out for a big Packer Forum announcement when the schedule is released. Full details coming soon...

Fat Rex, the toostsie lover, says J E T S will SB46

Discussion in 'Packer Fan Forum' started by OldSchoolFan, Feb 13, 2011.

1. OldSchoolFan

OldSchoolFan Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +307
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Incubes12

Incubes12 Bay Harbor Butcher?

Ratings:
    +317
    The only thing Rex can say with any credibility...is that he has no credibility.

• Like Like x 2
  3. longtimefan

longtimefan Super Moderator Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +2,966
    Yeah it is stupid to say it, but then again you want your coach to believe in his team..

• Like Like x 2
  4. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    What will he do now?
    Run the ball every down and rely on Play Action for Sanchez to complete a few passes a game?

The Jets failed (again) because they are using the same plays from last year.
    Mr. Brian Schottinehiemer plays it like his dad did in Cleveland (if you ever watch tape of the 1986 and 1987 Browns teams, the Jets offense looks exactly the same, except the Browns had an elite Quarterback on those teams, and never used the Shotgun formation)

From watching a handful of Jets games and keeping a score tracker on them with ESPN Mobile on my Black berry, I noticed that most of their scores are not touchdowns, it's field goals. Even when they beat Minnesota, they were up 15 to 0 at one point, and 15 points was 5 field goals, when they could have been up by 20+ points if just trade one of those 3 points for 7.

I forgot to mention. Their defense is good, but it's predictable.

With Mark Sanchez completing an average percentage at best, I don't ever see them making it to the big game.

• Like Like x 3
  5. TheSnowPlow

TheSnowPlow Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +491
    Gee. Didn't see this coming. No siree. I find it completely out of character for a well-respected, quiet coach like Rex Ryan to say something like this.

• Like Like x 3
  6. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,041
    Sanchez, the only QB in the league trying to pick out a tux for prom lol

• Like Like x 5
  7. JJP41

JJP41 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +215
    The act has gotten old.

• Like Like x 1
  8. TheSnowPlow

TheSnowPlow Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +491
    LOL Yeah. "Let's go get a goddamned after-school snack!"

• Like Like x 2
  9. GWheels

GWheels Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +208
    Rex is only going to get fatter eating crow year after year.

• Like Like x 1
  10. SoCalPacker

SoCalPacker Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +82
    Oh Rex... Keep putting your foot in your mouth with all of these comments

• Like Like x 1
  11. Powarun

Powarun Big Bay Blues fan

Ratings:
    +416
    Eh, doesn't matter who the Packers face they are going down. Rex Ryan's Jets are no expiation.

12. LombardiChick

LombardiChick Win or lose, I love this team.

Ratings:
    +678
    There's believing in your team, and then there's making an *** out of yourself (and your guys). This guy talks like this way too often for someone whose team can't quite back up his declarations. This year, it was all about how his team was the best in the NFL.

Gee, Rex...that's nice, except it's total BS.

• Like Like x 2
  13. Ausnadian

Ausnadian Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +40
    By the time Favre retired for the 80th time, people were so sick of hearing it they didn't believe it. If Rex keeps saying this, sooner than later his players are gonna want him to shut up about it.

14. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    and then he'll get fired after going 0-10 while Sanchez sits out on another team as a back up.

I haven't been sold on Sanchez, the guy is so inconsistent it's not funny. Pete Carrol was right about the guy, he came out a year to early and now is showing his immaturity by going out and partying after the AFC Champ game loss and dating a 17 year old. (I don't have problems with age gaps, just a mid 20 year old dating a HS student)

• Like Like x 1
  15. ivo610

ivo610 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +4,041
    if the age of consent is 16 or 17 in NJ then its his deal. But really as a starting QB for the Jets your just asking the players on your team and others to rip on you.

16. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    Rex learned it from his old man.

When Buddy Ryan coached the Eagles, he always talked ****. Going into the playoffs he couldn't keep his mouth shut, and then he wonders why his Eagles teams got blown out in almost every playoff appearance. He never won a playoff game, and when you have Reggie White, Randal Cunnigham, and Cris Carter on your team(s) there isn't an excuse to get blown out with home field advantage in the first round.

Most people call Buddy Ryan a champion over the Bears, but look at his records as a head coach. Rex will end up just like him. Lose 3 AFC Championships in a row, breaking the Browns record of losing them.

• Like Like x 4
  17. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871

Sanchez misses on easy big plays too.

Most of his interceptions is from forcing the ball around. He cannot read coverage at all I think. That Dolphins game that they lost, was an eye opener. All the in completions he had in that game, and 3/4's of the time he had guys open but decides to force the ball around.

18. TheSnowPlow

TheSnowPlow Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +491
    Rex's dad was such an a-hole that one night before a game he almost choked to death on a porkchop - his OC, I think, saved his life.

Next day Dallas fans were throwing raw meat at the Eagles' bench. :rotfl:

• Like Like x 1
  19. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    he's fine legally, I was talking about his maturity level to be dating a 17 year old...makes you wonder about him, plus If I was in that locker room I'd be ripping on him for dating a 17 year old. most guys are married with a kid or two...unless your Cormartie and have 9 kids by 8 different women

• Like Like x 1
  20. JJP41

JJP41 Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +215
    I was never a huge Buddy Ryan fan but some people are not head coach material. They're just better at being assistant coaches.

Buddy Ryan is one of those people. Charlie Weis, Wade Phillips, Romeo Crennel, Mike Singletary and Bill Callahan are others.

21. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    Oh just watch, the Jets will use it as "Everybody hates us" slogan like they did all year. No one can say a think about them without being called a "hater". Try voicing an opinion on BleacherReport about the Jets and you get every NY ***-hole there is comparing them to the Pack and how they "should have" beat Pittsburgh.

• Like Like x 1
  22. LombardiChick

LombardiChick Win or lose, I love this team.

Ratings:
    +678
    I kept thinking Cromartie's nick should be "9 x 8" but I wasn't sure anybody would get it.

• Like Like x 4
  23. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    as is Dom Capers, fortunately :D

24. fettpett

fettpett Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +217
    HAHAHAHAHAHAH :to_become_senile::snack:

• Like Like x 1
  25. Bogart

Bogart Duke Mantee

Ratings:
    +871
    Hey Snow, thought you'd like this video

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YO3gLmBVLfw]YouTube - Thank You Rex & the Jets for Danny Woodhead! (www.CutByTheJets.com)[/ame]

• Like Like x 3