Farve's TD's

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett has 9 TD passes right now which puts him on pace to throw 24 this season. That would give him 420 for his career and TIE with Marino. I'm hoping he picks it up just a little so he throws # 24 and #25 against the queenies in game #15, so I can see it in person.

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a double edged sword right now really. Think about it....we aren't getting much production points wise out of the run game so I imagine Favre will have to throw at least 2 tds in a game for us to win especially with our defense. But, with Robinson gone and Ferguson out(although martin produces just as much LOL) and Jennings with a sore ankle now it's going to be difficult. Nice to see David Martin step up his game and now it's Bubba's turn.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Brett has 9 TD passes right now which puts him on pace to throw 24 this season. That would give him 420 for his career and TIE with Marino. I'm hoping he picks it up just a little so he throws # 24 and #25 against the queenies in game #15, so I can see it in person.

Well, I guess Favre will just have to play one more year. The stat I most want to see though is wins. 8 more wins and Favre is the winningnest QB of all time. :thumbsup:

But staying on topic - he's getting better as the year goes on. I'm just hoping Jennings bounces back. With Driver and Jennings healthy, he'll beat Marino's TD record this year.

WinnipegPackFan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
"8 more wins and Favre is the winningnest QB of all time" is what I would like to see too zombieslayer, we can only pray. Right now it's:

Elway - 148 wins
Dan - 147 wins
Brett - 141 wins

He, is sneaking up on too many "all time records" to give up now !!!

Bobby Roberts

Cheesehead
Reaction score
But staying on topic - he's getting better as the year goes on. I'm just hoping Jennings bounces back. With Driver and Jennings healthy, he'll beat Marino's TD record this year.

I wonder if it's Favre getting better or the whole team improving. The OL is really coming along well, which is good to see. They are opening holes for the running game to be effective and starting to pass protect better. They have a long ways to go, but the improvement thusfar makes things easier on everyone, including Favre.

That being said, most of the struggles this year have not been because of the offense. We're scoring plenty of points. Our defense needs to get more consistent and pick up their play. We shouldn't have needed 34 points to win that game. We got lucky with a number of drops and tipped passes. Harrington had a big day, but he looked off and many passes. I guess when you throw 60 times you're going to get a lot of yards.

That being said, it's great to get a win and it's something very good to build on! Slowly this young team should come together. Enough of the bench Favre talk! Learning how to win and coming together as a team mean a lot more than draft position!

GO PACK GO!!!

trippster

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Excellent post Bobby. I agree whole heartedly. Depack and Cdn, I hope you get your wish. What great memories that will bring!

I am excited because I think he can and will break it this year. And what excited me about yesterdays game is that the Packers overcame adversity on two fronts. They gave up the easy touchdown becasue of the fumble and they lost one of their main recievers. Earlier in the season and last year, that woudl have spelled doom for the boys.

That being said, I REALLY liked Ruvell Martin! I think he will fit in nicely and will replace Robinson. Marting, Driver, Jennings. Favre can easily pass the record with those guys.

8 more wins? God, that would be great...but I don't think it will happen till next year, but I do think it will happen!

BlueMoose

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby:

I think the team as a whole is improving. I'm really starting to see signs of a young team coming together. Hopefully the improvement will continue.

---
One week away from first trip to Lambeau!

Buckeyepackfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
RECEIVING
Player.....REC....YDS....TD.....LG

D. Driver..10.......93.......1.....34
D. Martin....2.......31.......1.....18
R. Martin....2.......25.......0.....19
B. Franks....1......18........0.....18
G. Jennings.1......14........0.....14
B. Miree.....2.......13........0......9
C. Francies.1.......12........0.....12

R. Martin and C. Francies both came up with big catches when they were put in the line-up. The little playing time they both received is big in case Jennings can not play this coming week. Brett will find them if they are open and prove they will hang on to the ball.

yooperfan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I went into the game thinking Ruvell and Francis probably wouldn't see a ball, however I came away fairly impressed with their 1st performances.

Here is to hoping they get the chance to improve every week as this young team is doing as a whole.

Sorry off topic, sometimes I can't control myself! :whippin:

agopackgo4

Cheesehead
Reaction score
It's a double edged sword right now really. Think about it....we aren't getting much production points wise out of the run game so I imagine Favre will have to throw at least 2 tds in a game for us to win especially with our defense. But, with Robinson gone and Ferguson out(although martin produces just as much LOL) and Jennings with a sore ankle now it's going to be difficult. Nice to see David Martin step up his game and now it's Bubba's turn.

I thought for the very little time Martin was in at reciever he did a very nice job. He made 1 above average catch that I can remember, and he seemed to be solid. But who can tell, he didnt see enough action yet. Maybe this guy will turn out to be a DD story type?? I know its a long shot! but we can pray for it!

PackFanInSC

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Wouldn't it be more fitting to tie and break the record the last game of the season in Chicago (where Brett has struggled the past couple of times)? Why not try to get BOTH records -- wins and TDs at the same time while we are there?

OP
OP
D

DePack

Cheesehead
Reaction score
DePack said:

Wouldn't it be more fitting to tie and break the record the last game of the season in Chicago (where Brett has struggled the past couple of times)? Why not try to get BOTH records -- wins and TDs at the same time while we are there?

Both records would be cool but I'd rather it not be in Chicago unless it was to win the game. Bear fans don't deserve to see such a fete.

CaliforniaCheez

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Using this year's averages/game, yes, Brett should tie the record on the final game of the season.

The record number of completions should occur late in the game against San Francisco December 10th around the final 2 minute warning. If not then the next week against Detroit.

If he continues this pace he will have the most passing yards by half time of the final game of the 2007 season. Either that game or the week prior he will break the record for wins as a starting QB.

Starting all games until then, on November 12th against the Vikings will be his 230th consecutive regular season start surpassing Bruce Matthews for 3rd all time on that list. The 4th game of the 2007 season he will surpass Tingelhoff and be 2nd all time. The second game of the 2009 season he will be the player with the most consecutive starts ever in the NFL.

By then he will have padded his records in all other areas.

Zombieslayer

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Bobby Roberts said:

I wonder if it's Favre getting better or the whole team improving. The OL is really coming along well, which is good to see. They are opening holes for the running game to be effective and starting to pass protect better. They have a long ways to go, but the improvement thusfar makes things easier on everyone, including Favre.

That being said, most of the struggles this year have not been because of the offense. We're scoring plenty of points. Our defense needs to get more consistent and pick up their play. We shouldn't have needed 34 points to win that game. We got lucky with a number of drops and tipped passes. Harrington had a big day, but he looked off and many passes. I guess when you throw 60 times you're going to get a lot of yards.

That being said, it's great to get a win and it's something very good to build on! Slowly this young team should come together. Enough of the bench Favre talk! Learning how to win and coming together as a team mean a lot more than draft position!

GO PACK GO!!!

I think it's a matter of both. Favre's having more faith in the protection and is more relaxed, being able to look at the 2nd receiver without worrying about getting slammed into the dirt.

Plus, we've had three straight weeks of 100+ yard runners (well, counting Morency's 99 yard game) and Jennings continually improving.

But you are completely right. It's our D that needs more work. Our O is fine. If we continue though to get takeaways, we'll continue to win. Got to give props to the D for taking away 3 passes (even if it was because 2 of them were WR drops that ended up in our hands).

Cory

Cheesehead
Reaction score
Cory said:

I thought for the very little time Martin was in at reciever he did a very nice job. He made 1 above average catch that I can remember, and he seemed to be solid. But who can tell, he didnt see enough action yet. Maybe this guy will turn out to be a DD story type?? I know its a long shot! but we can pray for it!

No argument here. Martin made a great grab at the end of the first half and then converted a key third down on a scoring drive that sealed the game. Nothing to complain about for a guy that was thrown in unexpectedly. With a week to prep with the 1's we'll see what he can do. Personally, I like a guy with confidence and a 6'4" frame to go over a corner.

Cdnfavrefan

Cheesehead
Reaction score
That's the 1 nice thing about being an unknown youngster in GB. As has been the case thelast 15 years if you get in the game Brett will throw the ball at you. Seems to lean a little more on DD but he'll always get everyone involved.

Members online

Latest posts