1. Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!

Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers. You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!
    Dismiss Notice

Farve fan?

Discussion in 'The Atrium' started by Boy Scout, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Boy Scout

Boy Scout Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +20
    where you one of those people, or maybe still are, who say that they are Farve fans, but not Jets, or Viks fans.

I was when he was on the jets, after that. not so much.

Just remeber...
    :viksux:

2. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    I liked him enough when he was a Packer but the moment he put on that purple jersey, I washed my paws of him and showed him my tail. I don't like the Jets much either, I actually hate them worse than the Vikings.

3. neilfii

neilfii Hall of Fame Fan

Ratings:
    +714
    I would call myself a Favre fan, but not a fan in the extreme sense. Even in his prime my most common statement (since I live in Bear country) was "Live by the Favre, die by the Favre" because the same thing that made him great made him dangerous. The same thing that allowed him to win on the first play of overtime at Denver caused him to throw a pick to Porter in the NFCC game. He had great skills and you had to be a fan of that, but sometimes he pressed too hard, and you couldn't be a fan of that.
    Once he left the Packers there was no cause to be a Favre fan and the way in which he left has left me with my fair share of animosity because
    while I may or may not have been a Favre fan, I am a dyed in the wool Packer fan. If you cut me, I bleed Green and Gold; not Favre.

• Like Like x 1
  4. GreenBayGal

GreenBayGal Cheese Goddess

Ratings:
    +1,123
    Brett Favre was part of my life for SO long that I considered him my extended family. When he retired, I was very, very sad. When he unsuccessfully tried to suit-up again in green & gold, I thought, "You dumb ***. Stay retired! You're going to look like a fool.". I wished him well as a Jet. What followed that season was a slap in my face as I was able to piece together the puzzle of his vendetta laced intentions against me and my team. In the end, I was right, he made a BIG FOOL of himself & his career. tsk tsk tsk I now think that he not only needs a tail raised in his direction, but also to be covered in soiled kitty litter.

5. Wood Chipper

Wood Chipper Fantasy Football Guru

Ratings:
    +1,422
    favre is the reason i became a packers fan in the first place

6. Kitten

Kitten Feline Cheesehead Staff Member Super Moderator

Ratings:
    +1,442
    I'd be more than happy to take care of they "kitty" references if you want me to! :)

• Like Like x 1
  7. GreenBayGal

Ratings:
    +1,123
    LOL...I think you are the one for the job.

8. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    Personally, I've always been a Ingle Martin fan. I almost left ship for the Titans when TT cut him.
    Ah, I miss ole #7. A trully great player. He wasn't great all the time, but you couldn't help but cheer for him. He did it his way, he was very entertaining, and just had an "aw, chucks" attitude that appealed for everyone.
    For a period, when he made his only TD in the league, he was the best player in the league in that moment.

9. GreenBayGal

Ratings:
    +1,123
    That sounds like a very brief career.

10. PackersRS

PackersRS Cheesehead

Ratings:
    +980
    The best perfumes come in the smallest bottles

• Like Like x 1
  11. LAG