Farve denies will talk to Bears

DevilDon

Inclement Weather Fan
Reaction score
I'm not going to read the entire thread, but is any other Packer fan out there putting on linen tableclothes? I'd have my BrInt with a nice Pinot Noir.

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score
....and vice versa!

*why the title change? I think a post with a link of him denying would of sufficed.

Because he denied it..There is no more "Source" saying he would listen to the Bears

This way maybe someone wont make a new thread saying Brett denied it

Jules

The Colts Fan
Reaction score
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.co...ks-favre-would-have-returned-for-right-price/

On Tuesday, Brett Favre issued a statement denying a report that he would be interested if the Bears gave him a call to step in at quarterback for them this season.

Despite that, Jay Cutler, the man whose injury created the Favre buzz in the first place, said that he thinks there was a chance Favre could have returned. During an interview on ESPN 100′s Waddle and Silvy Show, Cutler shared some insights he gleaned from a conversation with Bus Cook, the agent he shares with Favre.

“[Cook] didn’t really expect Brett to come back,” Cutler said. “Brett probably would have came back, but I’m sure it would have to be a very, very high number money-wise, and it would have been interesting.”

Interesting though it would have been, Cutler doesn’t think it would have worked out. Cutler said that he thought it would have been difficult for Favre to step into the Bears offense at this point in the season and that it would be “pointless” to ask someone to try to pick up Mike Martz’s offense at the last minute. That fits with what Devin Hester said earlier this week and the constant denials of Favre interest from G.M. Jerry Angelo.

That should mean we’re done discussing Favre for the rest of the season, although time has taught us to never say never on that front.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Not to beat a dead horse just to make sure it's really dead, but I can't help but wonder who started all this. Who was the "source." I don't think it was the Bears, for all we know, it could of been Brett himself just trying to see how many people he can fool into thinking he was coming back. Judging by this thread, it looks like it worked.

Bogart

Duke Mantee
Reaction score
Not to beat a dead horse just to make sure it's really dead, but I can't help but wonder who started all this. Who was the "source." I don't think it was the Bears, for all we know, it could of been Brett himself just trying to see how many people he can fool into thinking he was coming back. Judging by this thread, it looks like it worked.

Damn right it worked, it just proves that he's still mr big when it comes to controversy and the entire league talking about him.

Now Cutler said he "thinks money would lure him to come back" so lets print that in as many articles as possible so it's shoved in everyone's face and while we're trying to forget the bad deeds of Favre in the twilight of his career, it just reminds us how much we don't want him to come back, and so his name can get out there even more.

I will sigh a relief the day I don't have to constantly hear about Favre, cause he is retired, and I still see his picture in the papers and on the TV, it's actually sad.

mcoomer146

Cheesehead
Reaction score

Who's to say Brett's the source? Could've been someone that doesn't get tired of Favre Watch. Wasn't me though.

Kitten

Feline Cheesehead
Reaction score
Who's to say Brett's the source? Could've been someone that doesn't get tired of Favre Watch. Wasn't me though.

I was half serious, half being funny with that post. Yes, I think it could of come from Brett himself as a self publicity stunt or you bring up a very good point that it could of been a fan. I am, glad to learn that should that be true, that it wasn't you! :)

mcoomer146

Cheesehead
Reaction score
I was half serious, half being funny with that post. Yes, I think it could of come from Brett himself as a self publicity stunt or you bring up a very good point that it could of been a fan. I am, glad to learn that should that be true, that it wasn't you! :)

I know you were joking but didn't a little part of you want it to be true? If not why comment......LOL LOL LOL

longtimefan

Staff member
Reaction score

I can say with 99.9999999999% certainty, he didnt say it

Brett maybe a few things, but to say stuff just to get his name in the press, is not one of them

Members online

Latest posts